WarnerMedia Upheaval - Let's Talk About It!

It’s a blood bath for DC in general cause they’ve let about 800 staffers go. But that’s spread through every part of DC including publishing, tv/movie, this website and collectibles. I feel so bad for everyone and I’m selfishly just thinking about how I don’t wanna lose any of the titles I’m collecting. Sigh.

2 Likes

What is the source for that number? Not saying I don’t believe you or anything, that is just such a specific number was figuring it came from somewhere and wanted to check it out.

1 Like

Oop, a source would help. Here you go - source

" WarnerMedia is expected to let go of at least 800 staffers at its Warner Bros. and HBO operations as part of a broad restructuring put in place by the unit’s CEO, Jason Kilar.

Warner Bros. is expected to commence layoffs of around 650 people starting Monday, according to people familiar with the matter, while HBO is seen shedding between 150 and 175 staffers. A WarnerMedia spokesman declined to comment."

Edit: I guess people are conflating the Warner numbers and the DC numbers. I’m not sure if they’re one and the same.

3 Likes

Hope the comics and community survive.

5 Likes

Update kind of

6 Likes

Same, only reason why I’m here anyways lol…

2 Likes

I wonder if AT&T and WB are scrambling for PR spin right now since the news about DC is hitting hard and not looking favorably on either company.

2 Likes

I’m sure, but we will have to wait and see how it impacts DCU.

2 Likes

That says 800 staffers at Warner Brothers. That obviously included DC Comics which is part of Warner Brothers. But definitely don’t take that as 800 staffers from just DC. Although while does sound too good to be true it is that good if DC Publishign let go of 7 people out of 800 then the news that “DC’s comics division is DONE!” is definitely over inflated. But does seem like that might not include the movies and TV divisions of DC, etc. Which likely is more then 7 people. But also doesn’t sound like that is 800 people with DC period.

5 Likes

Yeah we’re definitely in wait and see territory which is the wooooorst. Either way, my heart goes out to all the people laid off. That’s really rough. 2020 isn’t letting up.

6 Likes

Just saw this on “Bounding into Comics”

[Report: Massive Layoffs At DC Comics and DC Universe - Bounding Into Comics](http://Massive DC Layoffs)

What does this mean for out beloved characters and this platform??? I think we all saw this coming though.

5 Likes

DCUnicerse should have been a comics/fan thing from the beginning. HBOMax should have launched a while ago too.

4 Likes

So we got we got 2 years of DC Universe streaming and now they’re taking it all away?? Where is the loyalty to the fans?

8 Likes

Seems like the new CEO is really gutting everything. And AT&T is going to bank on HBO for streaming everything. Not sure what it means for the comics side. I hope they keep at least the comics portion of Universe around. But I would miss also having shows and toons as well.

9 Likes

I think the new CEO is a tech and telecom guy and probably could care less about comics and fans. :cry: if it doesn’t make him money, he doesn’t care.

3 Likes

Remember right now everything is pure speculation. Until there is more official confirmation, let’s keep an optimistic view.

7 Likes

At this point I only trust 2 people when it comes to the DC characters and their legacy, Jim Lee & Zack Snyder. No one else cares and that offends me as a die hard DC fan for over 40 years. Not even sure I trust Geoff Johns anymore. Love his writing but he supposedly was anti Zack.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing…I’m one of those crazy fans who petitioned and tweeted and binged YJ over and over for SIX YEARS to get season three. And there are so many of us crazies out here. So DC, tell us, what do you need from us? Because we’re scrappy and we’re here, and for us this is business as usual . Where do we begin supporting you guys in keeping this alive?

14 Likes

Massive layoffs going on at DC apparently. Jim Lee also demoted according to reports. Wishing all those affected nothing, but the best. :confused::confused::confused:

8 Likes

This is caused from all the isolation. Businesses can’t run properly. What a shame.

4 Likes