VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

I loved the Court of Owls twist!

3 Likes

Hold on, you know what’s up here? She’s like Morro, from Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. She has a similar-ish effect around her eyes, and a similar basic backstory. For those not in the know (and who don’t want to check it out themselves), Morro was Wu’s first pupil. He was the Elemental Master of Wind, a young boy who a young Wu found rummaging in the garbage outside his monastery - typical Robin stuff there - and took under his wing. Eventually, Wu came to believe that Morro may be the prophesied Green Ninja, but the Weapons of Spinjitzu did not react to Morro as they are supposed to do for the chosen one. Morro began taking dangerous risks, attempting to prove himself worthy of the title. Eventually, Morro died and was sent to the Cursed Realm. Many years later, when Sensei Garmadon was banished to the Cursed Realm, Morro snuck out, appearing in Ninjago as a ghost - with eye markings similar to Robin here.

4 Likes

I don’t know much about the Ventriloquist (except for his hilariously depressing role in Batman: Knightfall), but I agree about Penguin.

2 Likes

It just occurred to me that one of the most important moments in Robin history - the death of Jason Todd - was decided by fans voting. Back then, you had to use a payphone to call in. Now we’re all sitting in our living rooms, submitting our votes for whether we want this new Robin. To quote the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward theme song, “the more things change, the more they also stay the same. Still kickin’ butt, playin’ videogames, driving everyone nuts, this future’s really insane.”

5 Likes

I’d like it if Robins had one of those little stat boxes that sometimes appear in the first issues of team titles, just something a little snarky, like:

Dick Grayson. Was Robin early on in Batman’s career. Founding member of the Teen Titans, Young Justice, and Titans. Currently Nightwing.”

Jason Todd. The next Robin after Dick left. Had his head caved in with a crowbar by the Joker. Resurrected by the Lazarus Pit, now the violent vigilante Red Hood. Founding member of the Outlaws.”

Tim Drake. Appointed himself Robin after Jason’s death. Founding member of Young Justice and member of the Justice League. Other aliases include (don’t laugh) Red Robin and Drake.”

Stephanie Brown. Was briefly Robin for a while before she was fired. (Although is it still called that if you weren’t making any money?) Also Tim’s girlfriend, which adds a whole new level of family drama to this. Other aliases include Batgirl and Spoiler.”

Damian Wayne. Son of Batman and Talia al Ghul, Heir to the Demon. Current Robin. Member of the Teen Titans.”

And yeah, I know I’m messing up a couple different continuities here, but like I said, I can’t keep track of all the latest alterations to reality. Just say it’s because of hypertime or something.

6 Likes

Whoa, I am very young and I don’t even know what some of these acronyms mean. It reminds me of that commercial with the sale that was like, all the acronyms. Or the Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin decided to invent new uses for common words so the older generation won’t understand him, adding “Isn’t that totally spam? It’s lubricated! Well, I’m phasing.”

4 Likes

I think so, because it happened to me too.

3 Likes

But I took them away from all that and now they work for me.

My name is Charlie.

3 Likes

Alright, so I just read “What We Talk About When We Talk About Family” from New Talent Showcase 2017 #1, and now I’m hoping Dick’s inner Bat-family shows up in Robins. (And I know this was a very Bat-family issue and it would’ve been hard to find a way to put it in, but it’s a little weird how Dick’s biological family was never mentioned, given that he had a good relationship with them and didn’t lose them until he was in his teens. But I digress.)

4 Likes

Lemme break this down, in terms of how many have to fall for them to rise.

Dick Grayson: Bruce’s and Dick’s parents both have to die.
Total: 4

Jason Todd: Same as Dick.
Total: 4

Carrie Kelley: Same as Dick and Jason, only Dick also has to become the Joker and Jason has to have his head caved in by the other Joker.
Total: 6

Tim Drake: Same as Carrie, only Dick becomes Nightwing instead of the Joker.
Total: 5

Stephanie Brown: Same as Tim.
Total: 5

Damian Wayne: The grandson of the Demon’s Head, who presumably ascended as the Demon’s Head does: By destroying his old home. He also has to try to kill Damien Dahrk, who goes into hiding and forms H.I.V.E. And the previous Demon’s Head also has to die of old age because the Lazarus Pit only works for so long. In addition, the same number of people have to fall as with Tim and Stephanie, since Jason comes back and Stephanie “dies”, making things even.
Total: Anywhere from a couple dozen to hundreds of thousands

Duke Thomas: Well, Bruce’s and Dick’s parents have to die, Duke’s parents have to lose their minds, Stephanie has to come back, and the Joker has to “die” for the 52nd time.
Total: 7

Maps Mizoguchi: Same as Duke, only the Joker has to come back.
Total: 6

Also, yeah, I’m mixing continuities! Hypertime! Crisis! Time travel! Milk Wars! Anti-crisis!

3 Likes

If nothing else was accomplished by this vote: There have been a lot of good off topic conversations on this 1400+ long thread

5 Likes

My guess is this will be decided by less than 100 votes.

4 Likes

Probably in the top 10 longest threads on this community.

4 Likes

I’ve been apart of MULTIPLE threads that were closed because they reached to 10,000 post limit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @drewzirocks.3500

2 Likes

Wait, CLOSED!? Couldn’t they just redirect all the new posts to a new thread!?

4 Likes

They probably could, but as of now, we create our own.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll make sure to do so when we reach 9500.

3 Likes

Normally around 9900 and you send a note to everyone to post on the new thread.

2 Likes

Cool, cool.

3 Likes

@RexRebel and @drewzirocks.3500 a new thread is automatically made with a link in the closed one now

2 Likes