:0_round_robin: VOTING CLOSED! Round Robin: Round III :0_round_robin:

From what DC said in the Q&A, it feels like Instagram is getting about 3x the number of votes as Twitter - Twitter is gonna need to be ridiculously one-sided to beat instagram. We saw instagram already beat twitter and the forums here with Zatanna vs. GL, with GL taking Instagram and winning the overall despite losing the other two polls.

6 Likes

Ok, now having seen the Robins preview page Iā€™m not sure how I feel.

ā€œWeā€™re going to talk about how we were all Batmanā€™s sidekick, Robin. And decide once and for all, If that was a good thing or not.ā€

What? I think I might be leaning to SS7 now.

7 Likes

It looks like I have to vote for books that I have not voted for in the first rounds. Well played, voters. Well played.

5 Likes

I think at least half of them are newly created, or new versions of characters. My speculation, based on the pitch and previews:

• ā€œa millionaire adventurerā€ = El Dorado
  • ā€œa stage magicianā€ = Zachary Zatara
  • "a sugar-obsessed serial killer = Dulce (the teen who looks like a brightly colored Black Alice)
  • ā€œa delusional former superheroā€ = El Gaucho
  • ā€œa drunk assassinā€ = presumably the one in the hood and mask, but not sure who it is. Thought it might be Jericho (as ā€œmute metaā€) from the b&w, but the colored and lettered page showed zim talking, so guessing thatā€™s the drunk assassin ā€¦ could that be Silencer? (Is she a drinker?) Or could it be Acrata? (Is she an assassin?)
  • ā€œa mute metahumanā€ = the scrawny one who looks like Scarecrow before we see zim hooded and blue faced. Iā€™m leaning towards El Muerto, but ze could be a variant (Flashpoint-esque) version of Pied Piper, a version of Murmur, or even a deep dive revival of The Mute Minstel from The Brave & The Bold (pre-Suicide Squad Viking Prince arc)ā€¦
  • ā€œand a child who becomes a monsterā€ = the monster thing, obviously. Iā€™m sincerely hoping this is the offspring of Guts and Bueno Excellente.

I believe Dulce is a new creation for this series. Itā€™s possible the last three could be all new characters, too, but given El Doradoā€™s inclusion, Iā€™m thinking that versions of Acrata and El Muerto make the most sense. (El Muerto, AFAIK, isnā€™t confirmed as mute, but we havenā€™t ever seen him speak. Though this character looks far scrawnier.)

8 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what team Zatanna said last time
Twitter has 4 million possible viewers to vote whereas Instagram has 11 million
Instagram so far always gets more votes and itā€™s poll dominates the others

6 Likes

No there is someone out
To get the robins and they
Are banding together to defend themselves

3 Likes

i thought this round only counted on twitter and DC community

2 Likes

There has to be a better way to word that last sentence.

6 Likes

wdym

2 Likes

ā€œhaving relations withā€ is not the same as ā€œrelated toā€.

5 Likes

Iā€™m prepared for the forum bloodsports to be more entertaining than the actual book that wins.

4 Likes

rightā€¦

ā€œhaving relations withā€ also doesnā€™t mean ā€œbeing in a romantic relationship withā€

2 Likes

Thank you! They all look so cool!

4 Likes

Iā€™m really pulling for Green Lanterns.

7 Likes

No way I want more Batfamily stuff. I donā€™t want Blue Beetle or Kyle Rainer. I would never be against some suicide squad though.

5 Likes

Fredric Wertham was right all along?

Disclaimer: Fredric Wertham was a homophobic jerk.

9 Likes

Definitely wanting Green Lantern to win, no offense to Robins, but there are way to many Bat-Fam books. Plus Kyle Rayner is starring and he is my favorite Lantern. Also would like to see Blue Beetle as well.

8 Likes

He was also a trailblazer in the field of using his ā€œexpertā€ status to become a media figure causing a moral panic for profit though. A predecessor to the Pat Pullings, the Jack Thompsons, and other assorted busybody scammers.

Not a positive legacy.

6 Likes

No itā€™s here Twitter and Instagram

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to be soo pissed if Robins wins. We already have enough Batfamily related stuff. Lobo/Animal Man, Zatanna, Blue Beetle and Kyle Rayner titles are all long overdue!

7 Likes