Video Changes As Of December 18th + TV Device Information

Probably now, they’re getting ready to remove it in a few minutes.:frowning:

Looks like my final episode for this first bunch is “the Death of Superman” from the Super Powers Galactic Guardians show. Apropos. (small favors that i get to finish the third season of Brave & the Bold at a less binge-y pace heavy sigh)

1 Like

I was looking at the list, look like Batman The Brave & The Bold is safe til January along with Justice League and Static Shock.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have a full season of Justice League left to watch, so that is a nice bonus as well. I really hope some sort of announcement on where Batman TAS will land and when comes soon, I just finished the first season today. That and Batman Beyond, which I have only watched a few episodes many years ago.

1 Like

Boy the reality is really sinking in, Batman The Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, gone. I miss them already.:slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Are they moving to HBO Max or what? I don’t see them on either service now…

As reality sinks in that certain shows are gone and the app is gone from my Roku I’m turning to what’s left:

• Flash (1990)
  • Human Target
  • Birds of Prey (show)
  • Krypton
  • DC Daily Comic Book Club
  • DC Universe All-Star Games
  • Justice League(!)

There’s still a LOT to watch on here for the next few weeks and I plan on enjoying as much of it as I can.

4 Likes

i was just about to watch the last episode of batman beyond and it just left a couple hours before the 18th​:cry::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I was mid-episode of Batman the Animated Series, and I scrolled down to make note of what episode I was on, and bam! the dreaded 404 in my face, well before midnight. Granted, I’m in the central time zone but it’s not like they announced at what time the content would be leaving on the 18th/today. This process was always going to be upsetting to me but sometimes I just get sad and tired from being dragged by big corporations and their anti-consumer decisions. How hard is it to tell us where this stuff will being going? (not a question to the Mods, who have maintained an excellent forum and one of the reasons I’ll be sticking around).

5 Likes

x100 dcuOR1A x100

#DCU.forever #notethepunctuation

3 Likes

I’m actually very new to this site, I only just subscribed so my girlfriend and I could watch old Batman cartoons. I’ve been a fan of the DC cartoons since I was little, watching them with my dad, and I never realized that DC Universe even HAD the animated stuff. I’ve always felt that DC’s strength was in its animation, so I was delighted when I saw that The Killing Joke wasn’t the only animated Batman movie that had been released in recent years.

Unfortunately, I joined too late it seems. Somehow or other, the fact that the animated content was being purged escaped my notice, so nine days into subscribing, it’s looking like I’ll need to cancel. I’m especially disappointed because this website has the BEST search feature I’ve seen in years (bar absolutely none), and frankly, I’m not impressed with HBO Max. Their app is glitchy on a good day, and downright unusable on a bad one. So I guess this is a good bye, if only for now. I’ll have to find somewhere else to continue watching Batman TAS (unless HBO Max starts streaming it tomorrow, but somehow I doubt I’m that lucky).

Thanks for showing me that a streaming platform really can organize itself sensibly. And thanks for making comics in general more approachable and easier to get started. Keeping track of the continuity is a nightmare for a newbie, especially one whose main interest has always been in the cartoons. (Batman and Superman, Teen Titans, Young Justice…) So seriously, thanks. Catch you on the flip side. This girl has some searching for old cartoons to do.

8 Likes

they should have made the transition seamless its terrible that my favorite shows aren’t available anywhere

4 Likes

Welcome @rachello344!

I share your sentiments and frustrations 100 percent.

1 Like

Meanwhile, HBO Max finally launched on Roku.

We’ll be waiting for Doom Patrol Season 3 to finish airing before we subscribe to it.

Young justice s1 & 2 are still here. I am not complaining, it is a good surprise. Since outsiders is staying on until the end of the month, it made more sense to me to keep all of it on for now rather than to take it off piece by piece.
Originally didn’t plan on binging it but after watching enhanced yesterday, I think I will. (I hope enhanced goes to HBO Max.)

I guess this is it :pleading_face:

1 Like

This sucks…

3 Likes

Why would you get rid of so many amazing shows that only you have the rights to? I got this subscription to be able to watch batman and justice league and harlequin, but now, what, you’re removing them in favor of comic book content. I am not happy. Bring them back please, I was in the middle of batman beyond and now it’s gone.

I’ll give it a month, but if some of your incredibly popular video content isn’t back by then then I think I’m going to cancel my subscription.

3 Likes

agree. This is a ridiculous money-grab by AT&T to more than double the subscription revenues from those of us that have been on this service since the beginning… before that, really. I signed up when DCU was announced months before it began streaming. It feels like a slap in the face to be told that a large chunk of content is being removed, and if you want to access it, you’ll have to purchase another subscription, and if you want to continue reading the comics that are staying, squint at your phone, or laptop like you do all day at work.

Farewell DCU, it was fun while it lasted.

4 Likes

Hi ashton,

While I do not take joy in sharing this news, I do want to be honest with you that the removal of video is a permanent commitment. I tell you this because you still have an opportunity to reach out to our billing department at yourdcu.com/submit in order to address your concerns about continuing to subscribe.

We absolutely understand your frustration, but we would be remiss if we didn’t share this news with you. Batman Beyond and Justice League will soon find new homes, and you can watch Harley Quinn on HBO Max.

Please know this community will always be open to you as a DC fan, and is free to join in on at any time.

5 Likes