Video Changes As Of December 18th + TV Device Information

Sucks I’m going to have to pay for 2 subscriptions to read my comics and watch my shows, will we possibly get an hbo max discount if we are already subscribed to DC Universe?

3 Likes

Hi @latinpumkin09.63999! The bundle we offered recently has expired, but please stay tuned in the future.

3 Likes

Hi @12334ever.12662, thanks for joining us! I’m sorry to hear about the confusion, but this should be able to help clear things up for you!

2 Likes

That’s too bad.It’s kind of cool to read a comic book on your TV.And if your like
My mom she has bad eyes

4 Likes

And for those that like to read the comics on your tv via Roku, if you have a tablet or phone you can mirror the screen to the tv.
Then if you click the three dots on the top right to get into settings, you can set it to fit to width of the screen.
Only downside is that you have to use the tablet or phone to browse and navigate the pages.

3 Likes

So going to miss the video on here. Glad we had it but losing it on Friday will hurt.

6 Likes

So I can keep watching Brave and the Bold for another month on my phone … I’ll take it!

Lotta JLU to see tomorrow though, lol…

2 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks for everything

2 Likes

Superboy series 1988
The Flash 1990
Batman Gotham by Gaslight
Justice League Apokalips War
Death of Superman
Birds of Prey
Super Powers Galactic Guardians

Mostly rare stuff. Thank you, DC Universe for allowing this ole fan boy a chance to revisit some old classics and find some new stuff!

5 Likes

Never saw Titans, so I figured I’d binge some before it’s gone

2 Likes

I just finished Batman Beyond season 1. WIth it leaving tomorrow will stop there. Too bad, this is a good show. Will start on The Batman. Should be able to get 2-3 seasons in before it leaves.

4 Likes

Bye bye dc universe.
Going somewhere else

7 Likes

I’m watching as many as I can before it goes! Bye DC videos!:sob:

2 Likes

I dont know how much yall read books on the tv, thru the app, but to me it was the bee’s knees. Older books, in smart panel mode or the digital first series in widescreen, so clear, so HUGE! Im really gonna miss seein a CURT SWAN Superman, big as the wall…

5 Likes

Yes, that’s the thing. I understand with Max they want the added value of the streaming originals to compete with Netflix, etc, and I understand specialization so there’s no brand confusion, but if you’re not going to stick all those show on Max, you’re wasting content. It’s dead money. There will come a time when I need to decide whether to stick with HBOMax for $15 a month of let it go and get it three months a year and binge the biggest stuff, like I typically do with Netflix. If these shows are sitting there all the time, I’ve got a lot more reason to stick with Max full time. It would be an absolute shame if they aren’t accessible anymore when people were happily paying for them for two years.

3 Likes

I don’t see The Flash (1990-1991) or Lois and Clark on the list. I just started watching Krypton, too late because it’s going, and I wanted to try Superboy.
I hope these are all going to HBO Max.

1 Like

It’s true, they could easily build a huge library there, almost over night, if they put all this DC content on HBOMAX. I think that they’d actually have more DC stuff to stream than Disney has Marvel.

1 Like

Funny you mention Superboy - I watched that out of curiosity as part of my binge before the video left and it was so bad I quit after five episodes. That’s one I won’t miss. :slight_smile:

I loved the video on here and it’s a shame and missed opportunity to not just switch it over to HBO Max’s DC tab. Disney+ has a lot of stuff on there that is silly, forgotten or just plain bad but it’s there if you want to watch and enjoy it. Why not do the same with things like Superboy, or the original “The Spirit” TV movie?

I will genuinely miss the cohesion of being able to watch a show, then watch a discussion about that show from DC Daily, then read the book that the show was based on all in one app. I hated when I saw that by adding HBO Max to my Roku I was removing DC Universe but I get it and we all knew this day was coming. Still hurts and is sad.

6 Likes

What time are the films and series leaving the service on the 18th (which is a short hour away in my time zone sigh)?

1 Like