Valentines Poll: Barbara vs Kory

which is why bruce and barbra never should have happened and I think we can all agree is one of the worst ships ever

6 Likes

I definitely I agree that I was not very fond of the whole Bruce/Barbara dynamic they tried to pull off.

5 Likes

Much as I love both, Babs wins.

…it’s probably the glasses. Though in all honesty Barbara is closer to my real life type (which is women that are exponentially smarter than me).

Though Dick was great with Clancy too.

5 Likes

Of course it’s back to being tied up on Valentine’s Day! It seems we may have a stalemate on our hands.

5 Likes

Dick and Babs till the end

6 Likes

Here’s the thing about the Bruce/Barbara ship:

I can understand it…from Barbara’s perspective. Here’s a woman who’s super smart, talented, and due to circumstances in life has had to grow up way faster than her peers (mother leaving, taking care of younger brother and sometimes even her busy father, etc). I imagine for someone like her school can feel stifling and basic, and the boys who might be interested in her too immature, not challenging or anything.

But then she starts working with Batman, and for her he’s basically the Hot Older Teacher x10,000. He’s teaching her things she didn’t think were possible, and not only that, he’s respecting her more for her skills and treating her more seriously than anyone else around her.

So in that case, I can totally understand how Barbara might initially crush on Bruce. THAT SAID THOUGH. I think this is something she would grow out of, and it’s something that Bruce would NEVER do.

8 Likes

Oh yes, most definitely agreed.

4 Likes

And anyway, Bruce only seems to be attracted to women with a criminal record. :smile:

6 Likes

I mean, there’s Vicki Vale, Silver St Cloud, Julia Madison, Julia Pennyworth, Sasha Bordeaux, Shonda Kinsolving, Vesper Fairchild…then you get to some heroes like Zatanna and Wonder Woman…

How about we say that since Bruce technically has a criminal record, it’s just something the women he really falls for both have in common. :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m mostly referring to Talia and Selina, who could arguably have a thread like this of their own- the ones that the comics have committed the most time to, and the two that have, in different continuities, produced children.

Now I want a Damian and Helena Wayne team up book! Bat half-sibling powers, activate!

6 Likes

We got a little bit of that a few years ago in Worlds’ Finest #6-7, and she reacted to Damian’s death in #10:

7 Likes

Definitely gives some perspective into what she could’ve been feeling, and in my opinion perfectly reasonable. I do agree that Bruce however wouldn’t go down that road. At least the Bruce I like to think I know. Haha but I’d been surprised before

4 Likes

Huh. I had no idea.

4 Likes

Deathstroke has entered the chat

4 Likes