UPDATED: A Map of DC's Earth!

Blue Valley Nebraska. Birth Place of the Flash.

6 Likes

I’m always bummed out that Colorado is left out of everything DC we have the biggest Harley Quinn fan base in usa too so many DC cosplayers at our cons and just for fun too you should stop ignoring Colorado and give us a chance to prove our DC fan base

3 Likes

This is really cool!! Great job!!

2 Likes

Woah hold up this whole time I’ve been thinking Gotham was in New York!!! My entire life is a lie… Guess that would explain Jason’s Jersey accent tho…

4 Likes

Gotham’s been stuck in New York or (as stated above) Connecticut but NJ is a lot less controversial for Gotham than Delaware is for Metropolis.

6 Likes

Okay, I did some digging and found Middleton, Colorado- a city right next to Denver- was the original Earth homebase of Martian Manhunter! Take note, @Numbuh1Nerd!

10 Likes

This is truly amazing! Great job! If it helps, here are the DC locations from the 1980s Mayfair Games RPG supplement, ATLAS OF THE DC UNIVERSE.

Again, great job!!!

13 Likes

Hey man!! This is awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to put it together!! I’m gonna save this picture for future reference!!! Epic!

5 Likes

We need more heroes! That’s what I see from this map, haha. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What city does Black Lightning reside in?

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Great work!

1 Like

What about Titans Tower on Alcatraz?

2 Likes

Usually (and originally) Metropolis. Sometimes (recently) Gotham. He’s spent some time in Chicago too, and his brief 90s run took place in Brick City- a midwestern city of unspecified location, but which may be close to Chicago.

The city of “Freeland,” where he’s based on TV, was created for the Black Lightning show and has not appeared in comics. Its location is not specified.

5 Likes

My only complaint about this awesomely done map is of course Metropolis.
In Smallville Metropolis is very much in Kansas.
(And although I don’t have a source for this one (Batman/Superman I think) Said that Gotham and Metropolis were actually far from each other. So I totally think Gotham is in Delaware. But Metropolis should be in the midwest.
Also shouldn’t Coast City be on the coast? I pictured it to be north of San Diego but south of LA.

Wither way great work on this!

3 Likes

Jump City is missing! From the Titans! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome!!!

1 Like

That is pretty awesome!

1 Like

I thought Gotham represented New York City, or chicago?

3 Likes

The original maps of Gotham were actually based on Pittsburgh, but as I said about Metropolis, both New York and Chicago also exist in the DC Universe, so having Gotham be in the same place is patently impossible.

3 Likes

Symbolically, both Gotham and Metropolis could be said to represent New York, but as @JeepersItsTheJamags has pointed out, New York, Chicago, and other real cities exist alongside the fictional ones within the fictional world, so they are definitely not actually the same geographical locations in-story.

3 Likes