UPDATED: A Map of DC's Earth!

UPDATE:
After realizing that taking this project further would mean that places couldn’t just be “the Green Arrow city” anymore, I decided the only way to make it work would be with an interactive map! I had a number of sources on this iteration, including the DC Wiki, Comicvine, Wikipedia, the Atlas of the DC Universe, and not least of all, comments and suggestions from all of you guys! That being said, not everything here is super-ultra accurate. Some positions are a matter of picking arbitrarily from a number of equally canon sources, some are based on geographic features, some actually required some math to figure out! So, if you have any questions or are looking for sources, try the links provided with most entries - and if they don’t help, just ask! I’ll be updating this as I find new information (and I’ll probably get some more uniform icons at some point) so stay tuned and keep your suggestions coming!

Oh yeah, I also added a few international locations! The international stuff tends to be even more vague and inconsistent than the American stuff, so I tried my best to include as much as I could without taking too many guesses!

Summary

After reading last week’s Ask…The Question column, I felt the urge to take our favorite faceless fact-finder’s breakdown of the locations of the largest portion of DC’s fictional cities and make a proper map of them! I tried to place them as accurately as I could, but some cities that only had states rather than specific locations within said states were placed about as close to the center as I could without making things too hard to read. If more specific locations come about before an up-to-date official map is released or someone far more competent and well-researched than I takes on the task, I’ll be sure to update this!

213 Likes

Wow, this is terrific! Great work, @Numbuh1Nerd!

28 Likes

This looks great! Nice work!

13 Likes

Got one for you St Roche, one time home of Hawkman, should be in Louisiana

24 Likes

I gotta say, this is awesome! Great job dude.

7 Likes

Thanks so much, everybody!

5 Likes

Ooo! I’ll be sure to add that one!

5 Likes

There are no famous Texan supes?

4 Likes

Recently read New Krypton. I think Guardian (Jim Harper Original Clone) and Greg Saunders were living in Warpath Arizona (I think that’s a made up DC city, but maybe some Arizonian can verify).

3 Likes

i think Apokolips is ft worth

p.s i love this!

10 Likes

There are, actually! I just did some more research, and Texas has three notable cities, only one fictional: Dallas is home to Hal Jordan’s cousin (also named Hal Jordan) Air Wave, Goldrush, and three members of the Darkstars; the fictional Dos Rios, home to Rafael Sandoval’s El Diablo; and the most famous super-Texan is from El Paso - Jaime Reyes, the Blue Beetle!

11 Likes

I’m trying to keep things limited to the US, for the sake of my sanity and the size of the map :flash_hv_2: Unless…wasn’t there an earthly town of New Gods once? Or am I confused?

5 Likes

nah sorry i’m just saying ft worth is hell

5 Likes

Hm, I’d thought Star City was in California and GA in Washington was just when he went to Seattle.

Looks great otherwise, though!

4 Likes

I also had no idea Hub City was in Illinois, but I had no idea where it was just in general.

4 Likes

To quote my sources, " Over the decades, Green Arrow has divided many of his adventures between the real city of Seattle, Washington and the fictional Star City — which early sources place in Northern California. But in the Rebirth Era, these two parts of Oliver Queen’s career are reconciled by establishing Star City as an alternate name for Seattle itself. This fact remains a point of contention amongst Green Arrow fans to this day."

12 Likes

Ah, so that’s a recent retcon. Got it.

2 Likes

I don’t know, been awhile since I saw any parademons around. That could have been Desaad at Sam’s Club the other day, though.

5 Likes

i’m sorry for insulting your home. if it helps, i live in a scorpion ridden desert (two hours southwest of ft worth)

3 Likes

Ah…that must be where the demons lie. We’ll send out Blue Beetle.

4 Likes