UPDATED: A Map of DC's Earth!

Awesome better than the one I found. More detailed. Still near atom I. My home state. At least in college I get to see Aquaman in college.

2 Likes

Awesome.

1 Like

Growing up only knowing things from tv, I’d always assumed Metropolis was closer to Smallville. They always used to drive there in a couple of hours.

8 Likes

I believe the Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle is in El Paso, TX.

1 Like

Metropolis’ location is sort of a point of contention. I was going to type up a short breakdown of where it might be and it turned into a mini-rant, so I’m putting it in a dropdown thingy if anyone’s interested.

Mini-Rant Below

Basically, the information portrayed in canon has been as follows:

1. Metropolis is near Gotham City, which has always been portrayed as on the East Coast. Metropolis itself has also been shown to have docks and/or beaches as necessary for various plots, but that’s less consistent than the Gotham proximity.
  2. Smallville is in Kansas (or somewhere in the Midwest).
  3. Metropolis is near Smallville.

Obviously, at least one of these three points has to be wrong. Before 1986, it was Smallville being in Kansas. Sources tended to place it in Maryland. Afterwards, it’s been Metropolis being near Smallville, except the DCAU and a couple adaptations ditched Metropolis being coastal and put it in Kansas. So the leading locations are as follows:

1. Metropolis is in Delaware. This supports its closeness to Gotham City, which is canonically in New Jersey.
  2. Metropolis is in Kansas. This supports is closenes to Smallville, and is probably my second choice.
  3. Metropolis substitutes for New York City in the DC Universe. There is a bizarrely large contingent of people who swear by this explanation even though New York explicitly and prominently also exists in every continuity. Sure, Metropolis has several locations and landmarks that are based on ones in New York, but that doesn’t change the fact that this explanation is literally impossible.
  4. Metropolis is in New York State, north of New York City. I dislike this one because it feels redundant with the actual New York, but a couple maps that we’ve seen support it.
12 Likes

Dallas is beautiful.

2 Likes

I LOVE THIS!!!:boom::boom::boom:

2 Likes

Down vote. I prefer Ft. Worth.

2 Likes

As an outsider who has spent a little time in both, I declare both cities as hot as the daylight side of the sun at noon. But, the food was good.

3 Likes

Not being as well-versed in Superman Iore, this is a very helpful rant/explanation. I always assumed Metropolis would have been St. Louis, Chicago, or even Cleveland where I’ve read the creators came from.

2 Likes

This is hands-down the best DC ‘America’ map I’ve ever seen!

3 Likes

To each his own. They are as close as two cities can be though. Which is how I prefer it.

2 Likes

That is fantastic, thanks!

1 Like

Got another one for you @Numbuh1Nerd: Manchester, home of Impulse and Max Mercury. Located in rural Alabama.

7 Likes

Yes!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thank you to all. As the one who started this question, this is great.

5 Likes

Blue beetle is from el Paso, texas.

3 Likes

Swamp Thing Marais, LA

6 Likes

IMG-2858
Fun fact, in Young Justice, Gotham is Bridgeport, CT. As someone from CT, this makes sense based on the geography and socioeconomic demographics of the area.

11 Likes

image Patterson at the top

3 Likes