UPDATED: A Map of DC's Earth!

thanks, looking forward to be a contributing member of this community

2 Likes

It seems that Themyscira has changed locations so much that the canon is that it exists outside space and time, allowing it to appear wherever. Although, if @HubCityQuestion has any information that could actually pin it down, I’d be more than happy to get it on there!

2 Likes

Although it’s been placed in the Bermuda Triangle in the past, Themyscira is more typically located in the Mediterranean Sea.

4 Likes

So, it has a mind of its own?

2 Likes

Ah! That makes sense, considering the Greece of it all. Well, if anyone’s looking, that’s where you’ll find it!

2 Likes

FYI: Cisco Ramon has a DCU map drawn and visible on screen. Some of the city locations surprised me.

“Flash” S6:E10 at 2:30, right after the credits. On Netflix. I could not get a screenshot, phone would not let me… It just comes out black with subtitles.

But…my estimations from that map:
Gotham City ~ Chicago
Star City ~ Seattle
Metropolis ~ New York City
Capital City ~ San Francisco
Freeland ~ Atlanta, or in the Carolinas

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @gadgetdan.27664!!!

1 Like

Bigger version of the same map at 21:35

2 Likes

I don’t live too far from Resurrection Man’s hometown.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, Freeland was always based on Atlanta directly, and the showrunner’s experiences living there!

I’ve poured over that map so many times! There’s a ton of fun inclusions in there (Kooey Kooey Island and Tinasha being a few of the fun new additions post-Crisis) and I’m such a sucker for the Arrowverse’s greater world. It’s not a great indicator for the comics, though, since a lot of those locations have come from them working backwards from previous implications or just doubling down on their influences for each city. (Plus, keeping a lot of these places farther apart from each other probably makes it easier to write than if Batwoman was just a twenty minute drive from Green Lantern :sweat_smile:) Thanks for the heads up, though!

1 Like

This is great!! Thank you so much for this!

2 Likes

This is neat. I learned quite a bit from this map. I’m a little surprised that Texas had some more to it than just Blue Beetle, but very cool nonetheless.

2 Likes

Love this map and you did a fantastic job. I did notice that although a more recent hero; however, particularly unknow. Amazing Man/Amazing Woman are from Gary Indiana. Erik Storn AKA as Fury as well was chosen by Lex Luthor to be a part of the “Everyman Project”

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @krh_pisces21.28369! Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :earth_americas:

1 Like

Thank you, both for the compliment and the new addition! I’ll make a note of it!

1 Like

OMG! And I don’t use those initials lightly. What a magnificent piece of work! I came across it by accident (searching for an obscure piece of geography), and it bowled me over! The time and effort you must have put into this, can only have come, from a place of love. :slightly_smiling_face:

If DC isn’t sending you residuals for this (and making it mandatory viewing for all their writers and artists), they should! Well done, sir. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! This is incredibly sweet! :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

This is the best map of DC’s fictional cities that I’ve seen so far, most of the others have glaring omissions or mistakes.

With that said, a couple additions!

Monument Point, Virginia, was home to the JSA during Marc Guggenheim’s run in the very tail end of pre-Flashpoint continuity. It was implied to be somewhere near the Washington, DC metro.

Challengerville (formerly Hadley), Colorado is home to Challengers Mountain and the Challengers of the Unknown.

Geo-Force and Terra’s home nation of Markovia is in Europe, wedged in between France, Belgium, and Luxembourg.

Gorilla City, home to Grodd, Solovar, and a tribe of hyper-intelligent gorillas, is located somewhere in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Qurac, that country Cheshire nuked, is located on the northeast coast of Saudi Arabia.

Z’onn Z’orr, a lost Martian city that served as the base for Hyperclan and later Martian Manhunter, is somewhere in Antarctica.

Belle Reve Penitentiary, headquarters of Task Force X, is located near Houma in Louisiana.

Okay, that’s more than a couple, but they kept coming to mind.

3 Likes

Oh, wow, thank you! I didn’t know we had such specific locations for some of those countries! I’ll make sure to add these as soon as I can!

1 Like

Welcome back to the community @ThatsAStepLadder.60735! :wave: Thanks for the additions - @Numbuh1Nerd has done (and continues to do!) a great job with this map.

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :earth_americas:

1 Like