UPDATE! 🏬 Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! 🏬

First of all welcome to the family. Second & lastly (for the moment) ty so much!!! I need to get there sometime soon. Been a while….

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @one.twentyeight! Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

(By the way, great profile picture!)

7 Likes

Madness Games & Comics
3000 Custer Rd #310, Plano, TX 75075

It’s a huge one stop shop. They have walls of the new releases and are packed with collectables, posters, clothes, games, cards, miniatures and more. There’s also a large amount of tables for events and gaming.

6 Likes

Louisiana’s Double Play

2834 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Unit C-5, Baton Rouge, LA 70816

The place bleeds back issues.

4 Likes

I found a new shop and it is A-MAZ-ING!

CAPE AND COWL COMICS
1601 CLAY STREET OAKLAND, CA 94612

Posted a quick description of it over in the TIL thread here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/today-i-learned-til/1053437/2338?u=dc89

4 Likes

It’s about time that I participated in this thread. However, I don’t want to identify my location on the Internet. Luckily, my LCS is part of a chain of three stores located in different cities:

Aw Yeah Comics
https://www.awyeahcomics.com/

The chain is co-owned by Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani of Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures, Green Team: Teen Trillionaires, Super Powers, and many other (creator-owned) things fame.

I am lucky enough to live five minutes away from one of these stores. The ultimate irony, though, is that… I’m not a comic shop guy. I don’t buy physical comics, so I’ve only been in the place twice, both times to buy things that could only be bought in comic shops. My most recent purchase:

As I detail in that post, they did a very commendable job of selling the book to me, and didn’t play any games like some other shops are doing.

It’s a really cool little store that makes me wish that I was a comic shop guy so that I could spend more time there. Alas.

2 Likes

Kidforce Collectibles
(440) 239-7777

2 Likes

Aw Yeah Comics is an awesome comic shop @KookieSuperApe. I don’t live that close to one but try to get to one at least few times a year. Also Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani are great guys. The Superman drawing, for my picture, is drawn by Franco for my youngest son.

4 Likes

“ Cyborg One “

Comic Book Shop

44 E. State St.

Doylestown, PA 18901

(215) 348-1451

3 Likes

Update: it shut down a few months ago. Should probably be removed from the map.

2 Likes

Oh ok, I thought it was a nice idea to give a shout out to the local small business brick-and-mortar comic book stores that have been hit hard due to Covid like many other businesses.

3 Likes

Name: Terp’s Toys and Comics
Address: 2807 W Adams Ave, Temple, TX 76504
Why I love it: Great selection of current stuff and back issues, friendly and knowledgeable atmosphere, and a great local feel. The owner is also very generous. He gives a discount for students with good grades and has a tip jar for local charity.

3 Likes

Name : Fat Jack’s Comic Crypt
Address : 2006 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Why you love it : Nostalgia. Great staff. I really love that place. Reminds me of my childhood simple. Great selection the times when artist visit. It’s totally an old school comic shop from the 80’s.

4 Likes

Welcome back @ebooker!!!

2 Likes

517 21st St, Vienna, WV 26105 Lost legion games and comics is my all time fav

3 Likes

Hell yeah Fat Jack’s! Guess I’ll have to put an old favorite here instead.

Name: Escape Velocity
Address: 19 East Bijou Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Why I love it: My high school/college comic shop. Found some of the best hidden gems in those old longboxes.

3 Likes

Name: Austin Books and Comics

Address: 5002 N Lamar Blvd Austin, Tx 78751

Why You Love It: It’s wall to wall things I love: new and old comics from publishers as well as indies, action figures, statues, graphic novels, omnibuses, absolutes, appearal, statues, etc. The staff is kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. It’s not super local for me (most things in Texas are so spread out it’s ridiculous- this place is about an hour drive, but worth the trip).

4 Likes

Name : Coop’s Collectibles
Address : 9105 Mendenhall Mall Rd. Suite 321 Juneau, AK 99801
Why you love it : Well for one it’s our only comic shop in Juneau! Even though it’s more focused on baseball cards, they’ve got quite the growing assortment of 90’s era comics including lots of Wild C.A.T.S! Best part is the owner was manning the counter wearing a Superman shirt and cape!

3 Likes

Name : Rhino’s Comics
Address : 3805 Dewey Ave. Rochester, NY 14616
Why you love it : I made a pit stop on my way to catch my flight home and thought I’d poke my head in a physical shop for the first time in years. The staff were amazing! Immediately asked how they could help and what I was interested in and helped me scour the store for everything they had with Superman on it :stuck_out_tongue: He knew he had an old coin bank but couldn’t find it. He kept looking until he located it and I flew home with my prized possession!

3 Likes

The Deep, 2310 Memorial Parkway SW, Huntsville, AL

The Deep kept me supplied with the latest DC Comics through the pandemic, with curbside service and masked inside service. Always helpful and friendly!

3 Likes