UPDATE! 🏬 Put Your Favorite Local Comic Shop On the Map! 🏬

@Barrys.Better.Half , still loving these maps. Hey, question, would you be offended if I took the data you have entered on these maps, and created a HotSpot Analysis and posted in this thread?
I would completely understand if you’d prefer me not. No biggie. Just wanted to ask.
Great job on these awesome maps. :heart: :heart: :heart: You Rock

5 Likes

Hiya @bigblock66 - Glad you like them! Let me run this by the higher ups and get back to you soon ok? :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Absolutely. It’s no big deal.
I’m just always looking for excuses to make maps, hahahah

6 Likes

Well, good news! We’re absolutely on board, so have at it! Please DM the mods if you need anything though. :grin:

7 Likes

@Barrys.Better.Half will so. Sorry

5 Likes

Why sorry? No reason to be! :smiley:

6 Likes

That shop sounds like it is Way-cool.

7 Likes

Name: Fantasy Shop - Maplewood
Address: 7329 Manchester Rd, St. Louis, MO 63143
Why you love it: Grew up on this place. I would go with my mom and pick up our pulled titles. We’d go make sandwiches at home that were comically large right after. We could never finish the sandwiches.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing Fantasy Shop - Maplewood with us, I’ve added it to our map, and now I want a sandwich!

7 Likes

The Deep Comics and Games
2310 Memorial Parkway, S.W.
Huntsville, AL 35801

Without a doubt, the best Comic Book store in Alabama I have run across, and I’ve traveled Alabama from the Mountains of the Northeast, to the Gulf of Mexico.

7 Likes

acme comics my favorite shop
north carolina greensboro 27408 ,2150 lawndale dr

7 Likes

CTs Hobbies
S State St, Belvidere, IL 61008

They have an excellent collection of comics, cards, memorabilia and run a terrific Free Comic Book Day. They also provide a great venue for D&D gamers. :+1: :star_struck: :muscle:

5 Likes

@Barrys.Better.Half can i change my statement on Little Shop of Comics?

5 Likes

I also want to mention this comic shop I had the pleasure of visiting a while back in Toronto!
Hairy Tarantula
3456 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
They also have a well-kept Twitter account (at)HairyTarantula
Excellent establishment!
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.36.28 AM

7 Likes

Perfect Storm West
202 East Michigan
Paw Paw
Michigan

This place just opened and is only a couple miles from where I live. Nice shop.

8 Likes

@Barrys.Better.Half I just watched a documentary on Discovery + that was set in my town. It’s about my friend from high schools mom who’s dad was suspected of murdering her. My barber & his wife who’s also my barber are all over it. Shows my friend wrestling at my high school & the flea market I posted on here. I can’t even think straight.

4 Likes

I’m in the middle of watching one on Discovery+ about a serial killer who killed a bunch of people around my home area, who also did terrible stuff in another area I also lived in for a while. Lots of familiar set up shots in it, plus a couple cops I’ve met in both areas.
But I’m kind of used to it, because my mom’s cousin did something horrible in the '90s that made national news.
I feel for you.

5 Likes

Man that’s crazy ty too btw. My towns 2700 1st murder ever. I knew every single person in the documentary. Every single shot too. Takes maybe 10 mins to drive thru the entire town. My cousin is the oldest cold case in Akron’s history but that’s a whole other deal. She was murdered b4 I was born & Akrons no stranger to that type of thing. Only other murder in town I grew up in was a cab driver that kids from an area far away robbed and shot him in our town, but nobody was from there. It was actually the same road that this friend of mine lived, with my other friends family, when he was kicked out of his house. Way out in the sticks.

5 Likes

B and D comics
802 Elm Ave Roanoke VA

B and D has the back issue comic selection in the Ronake area. It’s a great spot to look for back issues, and the offer a reservation service for new issues.

6 Likes

Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

6 Likes