(Update) DC's 'Justice Society: World War II' Sets Voice Cast And First Trailer

Updated with trailer

What does everyone think of the style and the voice cast so far?

18 Likes

I’m really liking the period drama approach and the animation style is very neat. Although this image looks they rushed to animate it. I loved Stana Katic’s Lois, so I’m excited for her take on Diana.

7 Likes

Holy Grodd! DC remembered they have characters other than Batman???

All kidding aside, this is just great :+1:

15 Likes

Still not used to this animation style, but I’ll give the movie a shot. A little concerned/confused by the fact that Iris West is apparently in the movie, but let’s see how it goes!

7 Likes

Looks and sounds awesome™:+1:. The animation looks similar to Superman man of Tomorrow. Wonder if they connect or just using similar animation.
Either way exited to see it.

6 Likes

I would be very shocked if they didn’t connect. Still haven’t gotten around to watching “Man of Tomorrow”, but from my understanding it brings in a lot of characters and sets up a solid chunk of this new iteration of an animated DCU. So if they do connect, I feel like it would be pretty great.

Then again, if this JSA movie takes place in WWII, then surely the Justice Society would have been name-dropped at some point in “Man of Tomorrow”. Again, haven’t seen it, but from what I’ve read it doesn’t seem like that is the case.

6 Likes

@JasonTodd428

5 Likes

This looks great and I’m very excited to see the JSAers in a WWII story.

In case anyone here is interested I’m one of the co-leaders of the JSA Book Club if anyone is interested in joining the club.

8 Likes

Love the animation style and can’t wait for a history based story. Though it always weirds me out when Susan Eisenberg isn’t the voice of Wonder Woman.

6 Likes

I’m so excited for this, about time Justice Society gets their own Animated movie!:smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah, I get the feeling this is one of those instances where it will look better when animated.

Anyway, cool cast, great idea in general, looking forward to seeing it.

4 Likes

This looks good. Sounds like a great cast. I’m excited to see the JSA in action.

Though, Iris West is in it? Isn’t this taking place in WW2? That’ll be interesting.

6 Likes

as a fan of thick outlines all I can say is:

6 Likes

Enjoyed Superman Man of Tomorrow. Looking forward to this too.

Cool that Matt Bomer’s popping up in different roles for DC. So far outside of Doom Patrol him and Diane Guerrero have done VA work for DC. Wouldn’t mind Brendan Fraser in a future DC animated movie just sayin’ :eyes:

6 Likes

Surprised no Alan Scott/Green Lantern but quite the lineup for Justice Society.

Assuming Matt Bomer is playing Barry Allen/Flash since the article mentions another actor playing Jay Garrick. Guessing some time or dimensional travel involved.

7 Likes

Animation style looks similar to the last Superman animated film. Or am I just seeing things?

6 Likes

Already in.

3 Likes

I am glad Butch Lukic the producer.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing.

3 Likes

Diana’s head seems a bit too thin, but overall, I like the style.

3 Likes