(Update) DC's 'Justice Society: World War II' Sets Voice Cast And First Trailer

I like the voice cast. The only objection I have to art is that I do think Diana’s head looks a bit thin. At any rate, as someone who would really like to see more superhero movies set in the Golden Age, I am looking forward to it.

3 Likes

The head seems about the same size as the others’. Maybe the kind of poofed-up haircut makes it look thinner?

5 Likes

Ooh, that looks exciting!

5 Likes

It would be cool if they were to tie it into the Fleischer Superman cartoons.

3 Likes

I think you’re right about that!

3 Likes

Hope they have Dr. Fate!

4 Likes

I can’t remember being this excited for an animated movie. The trailer looks amazing I absolutely love the art direction and that it’s the JSA.

1 Like

As for
Barry Allen and Iris West being in the movie

I think Barry
Is just starting out
Before he joined
The Justice League

He says
“I have never seen so many super heroes before.”

Also this way, he never met Diana before.

Barry is way more popular than the JSA,
Another reason for him to be in the movie

Putting this Flash
In this movie
Who knows nothing
About the situation
Allows a lot of exposition
To occur naturally through dialogue
Rather
Than a beginning narrative
Or some kind of akward info dump.

The same thing happened in rhe first X-men movie
Wolverine and Rogue are new to the mansion
So ask many questions and get a tour of the place, which helps out the audience, in a more natural way then info dumps.

Or like Barry in
Flashpoint
Or Any early Earth 2 comic

Barry and maybe Steve Trevor are the characters giving their viewpoint in the movie, while the rest are more action oriented.

Diana is the lead

Having Barry be inexperienced
Allows him to have a
Ezra Miller vibe
If they want to go that route

Also Jay could teach Barry to use his powers more effectively
Rather than just pushing
Villains down
Like in the Justice League movie

Flash is traditionally a character in many Earth 2 major stories
Like Flash of Two Worlds

Wally would have been
A good choice for this
Since
Ezra plays more Wally then Barry in the Justice League movie
But DC probably
Would think that would be too confusing
And with Barry as Flash
Iris is love interest
Not aunt, like she is to Wally, which gives us a easy reason why she is in the movie.

1 Like

Aquaman is in it too

He was around in the 40s

Mort Weisinger created him way after Namor the Submariner

Funny how the broadcaster
Uses submarine
In relation to him.

Edit
I was talking about the other trailer
Where the producers and case talk
With frame of a broadcaster talking
About the characters

It was pulled by Warner Brothers

Definitely can’t wait to see the Kamandi short included!

1 Like

A DC animated film not centering around Batman or Superman or even featuring Batman? SIGN ME UP!!! This looks so good! I can’t wait! Love that they’re going with the Man of Tomorrow art style/animation. I smell a new animated movie universe in the works and I’m so happy as the last one sucked! Prime Earth and by association the New 52 movie universe were all created to remove the legacy from the universe. It hasn’t worked and has been to the detriment of DC since. By introducing the JSA as the team and generation of heroes before the era of the Justice League will set an entire universe based on legacy! They could actually do something right for once! Does anyone else think the Long Halloween films in the works could also use this look as well, assuming they’re all connected since it’s the same art style/animation? I mean Long Halloween is early in Batman’s career and he was just confirmed to be real in Man of Tomorrow. And if I’m not mistaken, didn’t the paper in the movie say something about Batman taking out organized crime as in like the Year One story?
Anyways, my only thing right now is if the JSA is the generation of heroes before the JL and this is WW2 then… wouldn’t that make the JL era like the 60s-70s, and their kids like the 80s-90s? They would need like 2 whole brand new generations of heroes to catch up to today. They probably shoulda gone with the JSA in Vietnam instead of WW2 if they wanted to make it current. But whatever I’m still ecstatic!

1 Like

Man of Tomorrow is HIGHLY recommended in my book! One of the best Superman movies to date! Yeah, I’m thinking this is building up to a new universe. Honestly, after the last one AND the DCEU were so :poop::poop::poop: I think they were waiting to see the reception Man of Tomorrow got before even considering it. Hell, they’re probably still feeling it out. I think that could be why they haven’t dropped any Easter eggs, that is if the art style/animation being the same has any connection at all.

2 Likes

I was hoping for them to adapt the DC Bombshell comics into a WWII set animated film but I’ll take it.

4 Likes

Ok, with this trailer I understand why Iris is in it. If Barry is there it makes sense to have a scene or two with Iris. I was concerned they were sending Iris to the 40s. This makes more sense. :laughing:

5 Likes

In case anyone hasn’t seen it yet:

This looks a lot of fun, definitely looking forward to it. :smiley:

5 Likes

That would’ve been cool too omg!

2 Likes

Along with Bombshells, I’d like to see Liberty Files done. But, also very happy with this

3 Likes

Big, big oof. I’m sorry but honestly I’m baffled at how bad this is visually. I’m kind of amazed that this is passing for acceptable quality and got greenlit with anatomy problems and baffling design choices. Pretty disapointed honestly, I mean I’m all for the cast and story but this souless flat animation looks like a bad attempt at merging 3D and flash to cut as many corners as possible.
When I first saw the still image I thought it was a mistake or somebodys fan art on my feed…then seeing it animated in the trailer just 🤦 Sorry, I know some people are hyped for this but I feel so let down that this is what they’re giving us in a feature film, especially when you go back and look at some of the stunning animation we’ve gotten in the past. :disappointed:

1 Like

Huh, it’s funny you say that, because from what I’ve seen both this and Superman: Man of Tomorrow has been almost universally praised for their animation.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen A:MoS yet but from the trailers it had the same animation technique but did better at lighting, backgrounds, and character design in my opinion, which helped act as a distraction from the same stiff animation movement as Justice Society:WWII. I’ve seen a decent split on people commenting online for and against the animation.

I can look past the styles and colors and designs as that’s more or less a preference thing. But when they use whatever method this is (looks like a hybrid mix of 3D and something similar to flash idk I’d have to research it) the movement of the animation is so stilted. It doesn’t give any characterization to the characters doing the movement, doesn’t give the illusion of speed and weight in the fight scenes… When I look at the trailer and focus on the animation itself, I kind of just see what looks like trying to do the fastest, most economical (and therefore cheapest) movements rather than using the movement to help tell the story.

I can’t be mad that people like the style, I’m happy people are happy. But I feel pretty let down with the detection as it just looks like less and less effort is going into it. :confused::pensive:

1 Like