UPDATE! DC Daily is watching Batman: The Animated Series!

I loved that storyline. It’s like a courtroom drama mixed with a mystery starring Batman villains

1 Like

Thankyou for doing I’ve got Batman in my basement watch along! I love any episodes with The Penguin is in it!:smiley::penguin:

2 Likes

I have to go with Clock King because I think it’s gonna be overshadowed by the others.

2 Likes
Two-face part 1 

And 2

2 Likes

From Zachary

1 Like

@DCDaily
A fun WAL. The Penguin is a favorite BTAS character for me because he was voiced by Paul Williams. It should be noted that he was a good actor as well as his myriad of musical talents. Especially when playing a villain. Paul Williams played the the evil Swan in Phantom of the Paradise. Brian DePalma’s glam/horror version of Phantom of the Opera. I can’t believe Whitney didn’t know that tidbit.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the “Christmas with the Joker” watch along. It’s become a key part of my annual holiday ritual. I still laugh when you see Batman get a pie in the face, perhaps the only time the Joker really had the upper hand on Batman.

2 Likes

I like him in Smokey and the Bandit as Little Enos. He’s also a great musician and music writer, my favorite song he wrote for the Muppet movie is, ‘Rainbow Connection.’ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Paul Williams did the entire soundtrack for Phantom of the Paradise, as well. It’s a really good and stylishly diverse soundtrack. I highly recommend the movie and the soundtrack. Paul Williams. “The hell of it”, the last song in the film is the best breakup song ever. With a course of
Good for nothin’ bad in bed nobody likes you and you’re better off dead goodbye
We’ve all come to say goodbye goodbye
Born defeated died in vain
Super destruction you were hooked on pain and tho’ your music lingers on
All of us are glad you’re gone
If I could live my life half as worthlessly as you
I’m convinced that I’d wind up burning too

Paul Williams is still alive. I’d love to see @DCDaily reach out to him for an interview.

3 Likes

Paul Williams was also in Tree House of the Planet of the Apes. (If you’ve seen the movie, you’ll know that’s a more apt title than its actual moniker.)

“Ape has never killed ape–let alone an ape child.”

And speaking of awkward segues, I’d recommend that DC Daily watch “The Underdwellers.”

4 Likes

I recommend i forgot name of episode riddler origin i believe its called hand of fate

Shout out and congratulations to Hector - great score, finding that Batman: Animated book. It’s one of my favorite reference materials ever (and is sitting on the other side of the room as I type this). It’s a fantastic, stylish retrospective - Chip Kidd really outdid himself. To this day, I continue to wish that WB would see the wisdom in doing one for Superman or Justice League. Thanks for sharing it with the class!

Edit: For the record, my vote for a WAL wasn’t in the above options: 'Almost Got ‘im’ is my favorite.

2 Likes

Disagree. Best breakup song ever is ‘One More Minute’ by Weird Al Yankovic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

/end thread derail

1 Like

I LOVE these watch along! Hector, I ALSO just got the Batman: Animated book on eBay. It’s so great! Lots of great episodes for them to watch, and I hope they do as many as they can. For their next watch along, I’d love to see the cast watch Feat of Clay.

3 Likes

Virgil is one of my favorite apes characters, thank you!

2 Likes

Congratulation to the clock king episode winning by a vote!
Also, @clarkewolfe can you please stop skipping the opening credit, we like the music and action scene in the beginning.

1 Like

Who knew Clock King would win…

Naturally since it’s a two-part episode they need to watch both. Conveniently the first episode also features my favorite Batman interrogation in the entire series with Mr. Raymond Bell.

2 Likes

You guys have to do a watch along for “Over The Edge” ! This is one of the best “what if” Batman sorrows ever told. Paul Dini is always one point, proving why he is one of the best Batman writers ever! He gets the characters emotionally like nobody else.

3 Likes

Batman. Always stealing Green Arrow’s stuff. Like Clock King. And like @Penguinfan78, Misfits always watch the opening and closing credits to listen to the music. B-da-da-dum!

2 Likes