UPDATE! DC Daily is watching Batman: The Animated Series!

I happen to be watching this all the way thru too glad to have some company back down memory lane

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @chanloasc. Enjoy your show.

1 Like

I still love Batman

1 Like

Since @DCDaily is pre-recorded a schedule of what date an episode will be discussed and taped and the episode name/number.

That way folks who are hoping that their comment(s) might get picked up for the discussion would have a cutoff day for them to get them in.

This is great, I actually hosted a watch along in a Facebook group a few years back, we had some great conversations. Every Sunday we watched three episodes, we went through the entire Timverse except Batman Beyond which wasn’t streaming anywhere at the time.

I used to record this show at 4:30 every afternoon on vhs, editing out the commercials and cataloging episodes, making my own season sets before season sets were even a thing. It was hard back then, no internet to tell you if it would be a rerun or a new episode, so I sat ready with my finger on the record button. Needless to say, this is my favorite show of all time. Haha.

4 Likes

"Christmas with the Joker"

It’s a fun episode, but not the best introduction for the Joker or Robin. Of course Bruce wouldn’t like It’s a Wonderful Life. He’s more of a Citizen Kane kind of guy.

"Nothing to Fear"

I’m the one person who likes BTAS’s first Scarecrow design, even if it does make him look like a sock puppet. Also, Thomas Wayne is a jerk even in Bruce’s hallucinations! #jokerwasright

3 Likes

There were two very telling things about the @DCDaily watch-a-long.

Clarke not knowing for years that Batman is/was the worlds greatest detective. (This goes to show how much the comics and films in particular had lost that element for years.)

Hector chiming in with “He’s the world’s greatest detective, the world’s greatest hand to hand combatant and prepared for everything” (this demonstrates the evolution from Batman to Bat-god. A version of Batman I seriously disagree with.)

World’s greatest detective, that I can buy. The greatest hand to hand combatant and prepared for every eventuality, these items I take issue with. A great hand to hand combatant, sure I can live with that, but not the best. More prepared and the best tactician in the JLA, ok I can that I can but as well. However, Batman having to retreat on occasion to use his deductive skills to figure out a better strategy and tactical approach would be warranted more often. Let us end the Bat-god and get us back to the Batman

1 Like

Harley and Ivy episode is one of the best episode cause this was a breakout role for Harley and she gets to meet Ivy for the first time! I think Joker was really jealous of their team up! :slightly_smiling_face:

Joker riding the Christmas tree to freedom was great!

1 Like

Maybe it’s on a Harley Quinn mood, but Harlequinade gets my vote!

2 Likes

‘Nothing To Fear’ episode was so good that it was like a mini movie! With so much action I just wanted more Scarecrow episode! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use to have the man bat action figure

Almost Got ‘Im is one of the funniest and weirdest Batman TAS Episodes and focuses on villains. Also written by the insanely talented Paul Dini. Would love to see what the DC Daily cast thinks of that episode.

3 Likes

Putting up “Joker’s Favor” for consideration!

3 Likes

Awesome to see that @DCDaily is still watching Batman: The Animated Series! I love the episodes featuring The Joker so I’d like to nominate “The Last Laugh” (Season 1: Episode 4). It’s a super fun adventure with lots of laughs and action! Thank you!

1 Like

RE: “I’ve Got Batman in My Basement”

Things start off well with the vulture attack, but then it goes bizarrely low-key instead of delivering on the promise of a full-fledged birdemic.

2 Likes

“Almost got ‘em” reminds me of a four part story from the 70’s where there is a trial by the villains to decide who actually killed Batman. Batman: 291-294 The only spoiler I’ll give is that Batman is still alive at the end.

So I hope that @DCDaily doubles down with “almost got ‘em” followed by a book club of the four part series.

5 Likes