Upcoming DC Movies

Not a ton to look forward to for the next 1+ years. We have Aquaman 2 coming out next week, Joker 2 coming out next year, and probably Superman and Lois coming out. Not a lot on the horizon. I think we got really spoiled by the amount of DC programming in the past.

6 Likes

Im more exited about the shows than the movies right now.

4 Likes

I’m pretty hype for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. If the previews are any indication, it should be just as good, if not better, than the original.

I need everyone to go out and see it in the theaters. I was 36 years old before I got my first live action Aquaman movie, we need to keep the franchise alive. :00_aquaman:

5 Likes

I don’t mind the break. We’ve eaten well for a long time with television and movies, but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Here’s hoping scaling back on stuff and the little break before Gunn’s DCU results in people giving things a chance and starting off this new phase with optimism :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Don’t we still have Creature Commandos coming soon?

3 Likes

It is a tv show. I think it is early 2025.

2 Likes

Oh, I need to read thread titles better. Thought it was planned for 2024, but still, we’re talking movies here. Sorry/thanks.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Looking forward to the Penguin show myself.

:penguin_smirkhqtas: :umbrella:

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about that one but Im not dismissing it.

2 Likes

Aquaman 2 might be the only DC movie I’ll actually watch in the theaters. Depending if there’s good word of mouth

2 Likes

Aquaman 2 supposedly marks the end of the current iteration of the DCEU, but we know there are new stories in both tv and movie formats on the horizon thanks to James Gunn like a new Superman movie, and Creature Commandos. Then there’s the ongoing tv shows like Superman and Lois. We won’t be completely deprived of content. Call it a hiatus.

Also consider the writers strike (5/2-9/27/2023) and actors strike (7/14-11/9/2023), which definitely delayed the projects. Movies and TV shows affected by the strikes are just beginning to be produced and film again.

1 Like

regarding the writers/actors strikes,

I would wish they would read what I have to say. I 100% do not care why you are on strike, and I think both are overpaid to begin with and should thank society that they even have a job. There are plenty of writers and actors ready to replace those on strike the second they would get the offer and how those on strike are not just fired and replaced immediately is mind-boggling to me.

K done with that.

Looking forward to season 4 of Superman and Lois, not looking forward to the garbage James Gunn is coming out with.

Every live-action DC movie that has come out after Christopher Nolans’ run with The Dark Knight, has been meh for me. Just slightly entertaining to watchable.

I find the animated movies to be 1000x better than any live-action movie that has come out since The Dark Knight, and I would go as far as saying that Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds is 1000x better than anything that came out after TDK, in live-action movies, not because I am a GL fan, but because the Green Lantern movie didn’t give me a migraine after watching it.

I really wish at this point that Warn Bros, would just axe James Gunn and stop making live-action DC movies for at least the next 5 years, focus more on where they are strongest with Animated movies; and work on creating great tv shows.

2 Likes

I do not agree with everything, but I have to upvote for the hot takes.

2 Likes

You know I never thought I’d be excited for there being so little comic book movies scheduled. I’m really glad we’re taking a one year break.

1 Like

How am I supposed to get to 200 DC Movies watched when they only release 5 (at least) in 2024?

I still have 89 to go.

2 Likes

Is that a challenge your doing? lol

2 Likes

No, I already did and completed the 100 DC movies watched challenge. I am more likely now to do a 100 DC movies rewatched challenge or something.

1 Like

I just checked. As of right now there are only 145 DC movies anyway.

1 Like

40 Live action movies (Including the New Joker movie)

9 Live action movies outside of DCU (Road to Perdition, V for Vendetta, Red etc.)

84 Animated movies total

13 Lego animated movies

149 movies total (if my math was correct). So you still have a couple to watch

1 Like

I have gone through the list and it counts a few things like Lego me Beleaguered as a movie when it is under 30 minutes long. That is not a movie, that is a half hour TV special. 145 is the correct number.

2 Likes