Upcoming DC Movies

I don’t even think I’ve watched half honestly.

2 Likes

Then what are you doing with your life?

Seriously: It was really not that hard with a Max subscription. So many of them are less than 80 minutes long, and I love superheroes.

2 Likes

If I start watching a bunch of superhero movies I’ll get burnt out, last year was pretty Superhero centric. I pretty much watched the entire MCU for the first time (still like 3-4 movies missing), the entire DCEU, and a good chunk of DC animated movies I haven’t watched before. So this year I want to take a step back. That’s the main reason I’m glad we’re not get many movies this year.

2 Likes

Best movie ever

1 Like

That’s the next movie I’m watching for sure.

1 Like

Good lol

1 Like

You’ve seen Chronicle?

3 Likes

Omg I loved this

3 Likes

Woah I’ve never even heard of it. It looks really good.

adding it on my letterboxd watchlist.

2 Likes

Unless the contract has a no-strike provision (which I doubt the ones the two guilds have does), employees’ right to strike is a protected right by the National Labor Relations Act. Under FEDERAL LAW, an employer cannot fire an employee who is striking legally. Doing so can result in a wrongful termination lawsuit which can damage the company’s reputation (especially one as widely known and impactful as these Hollywood Guilds).

Talks stalled, contracts ended, and the guilds called strikes. It’s no different to when UC and CSU graduate students were on strike in the past few years. Yes, it disrupts progress, but that’s why strikes are so vital as a negotiation strategy.

Source: https://www.nlrb.gov/about-nlrb/rights-we-protect/your-rights/nlra-and-the-right-to-strike

3 Likes

This is so unbelivably tone deaf. Most writers and actors aren’t making huge money overall, and even the most overpaid ones still aren’t making as much as top studio executives. That’s where the real greed in Hollywood lies, and so it’s crucial that writers and actors be able to strike so that they can curtail that greed when regular talks don’t work. If the workers on strike were immediately replaced, we’d be looking at a ton of AI-driven projects that would absolutely ruin the industry

2 Likes

Not tone-deaf at all, it is the 100% truth that these babies are overpaid.
Just like when Major League Baseball players went on strike back in the day crying about their pay.

Baseball is the slowest sport there is next to " professional fishing " and Golf, and still, there are players that cork the bat, do something to the ball, or use steroids, but they want to cry about not getting paid more.

99% of the tv shows and movies out there are total crap, and not worth the money to advertise.

If you are so heartbroken over their pay, you should probably consider starting a GoFundMe page and kick it off by donating a grand of your own money to it.

But don’t try to sell me chicken poop and tell me it is chicken salad and expect me to go, dur, I never thought about it like that, and agree with your whiny point of view.

Artists and Writers in the comic book industry deserve better pay and benefits ( not the ones making movies, except for the ones making animated movies ) because they are actually giving something meaningful to society.

Also, AI-Driven TV shows and movies would be 100% better than the stupid brain-dead crap that is constantly being cranked out with the hope that something sticks and becomes popular.

Crucial that writers and actors be able to strike, get real. Should they be allowed to?: Sure, but it isn’t crucial, and I would quickly replace any of them with a grade school or high school student, and get the same quality of work if not better.

The people in society that really should be going on strike, are those in the emergency services field, people that actually provide something to society.

IMG_4186

3 Likes

We really need more experimental films like it. It would keep genre fresh and interesting.

1 Like

One of the few hidden gems of the early boom years of the superhero film genre.

2 Likes

I feel like that movie could’ve been a lot more popular if it was released today with all the superhero fatigue going on right now.

2 Likes