Unstoppable Doom Patrol Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Thanks for doing this interview. My question is will each of the six issues be their own contained story or is this going to be a six-part epic where the same basic villain will be in the background?

8 Likes

Welcome back to the community @spunky, @bssimon.65231, and @Smoot0perator911, and welcome to the community @gayveryho! :wave: Thanks for joining the Q&A and posting some great questions. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know.

12 Likes

Hello Hawk Woman! Message received. I love red heads.

6 Likes

Hello Dennis and Chris!

Hope you’re both doing well. Doom Patrol has seen a huge resurgence recently with their more involved presence within the DC Universe and obviously the fact that they got a show that ran for 4 seasons.

I was wondering, in your opinions, what led to these characters being so appealing to audiences as of recently? What aspects of the Doom Patrol do you both feel make them stand out and resonate with everyone?

9 Likes

This link doesn’t work, for me at least. This is what I see when I click the link. It never loads up. I’ve tried it with data and wifi on my phone and laptop.

6 Likes

Hmm, it looks like I’m having the same problem. Thank you for reporting this, I’ll mention it to the team asap!

7 Likes

Hey guys. Really looking forward to picking up the new series.

Aside from the silver age, the team never really seemed to have a cohesive look, but when it did it appeared to opt for red+white. So here’s my question:

What was the thought behind bringing back the more cohesive look for the team, and the change to the orange+white color scheme?

Thanks for doing the Q&A!

7 Likes

With Doom Patrol holding such a unique place in comics, how do you balance fan expectations with making sure you guys are getting to still create your own vision?

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @stevils & @colbycudney.78830! Great questions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Updated my original post with my question for Chris Burnham and really looking forward to hearing this and reading the first issue later this month. Thanks again for putting this together and offering up such a wonderful prize to one of us!

8 Likes

Glad you figured out your question! Thanks for participating :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Do they ever publicly announce who won these giveaways? I mean, I didn’t enter this one and assuredly someone has won it by now, I’m just generally curious about this - not so much this particular one, but just that this was the most recent one to finish and I don’t see it posted, at least here?

2 Likes

The winners are announced in the same thread where we upload the Q&A videos! Here was the results of the giveaway with Dennis Culver & Chris Burnham. These threads are typically pinned + bannered the week they come out.

We also had a more recent giveaway with Joshua Williamson for Superman #1.

2 Likes

Ah, I saw that Williamson had a Q&A and I’m planning on reading it eventually, but it didn’t seem to blurb a giveaway the way this one did! Thanks for the prompt response.

I know the banners work that way, not everyone comes that regularly, as I’m sure you’re aware - but I know we can’t have stuffed pinned. I do think there would be no harm with a post here, saying, along the lines: ‘thanks for participating, here is the Q&A and also the result of the giveaway.’

As I’m sure you guys all know, people do come to these threads well after the fact - for one reason or another. But thanks for the info!

3 Likes