Unstoppable Doom Patrol Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

March is officially here, which means another Creator Q&A is around the corner, plus an Exclusive DC Community Giveaway!

This month, we’ll be sitting down with two creators, Dennis Culver and Chris Burnham, who are the amazing team behind the upcoming Unstoppable Doom Patrol. As with every Creator Q&A, Dennis and Chris will be diving into your burning questions and pulling back the curtain to share some of their insight and approach to the work they do. Submit your questions from now through March 12, and keep your eyes peeled for when the video Q&A releases on March 31!

Want a chance to win a signed copy of Unstoppable Doom Patrol #1? Read on!

Starting with this edition of the Creator Q&A series, we’re doing things a bit differently: every Q&A will also feature a DC Community exclusive giveaway! Every month, right here on the DC Community site, we’ll be giving away one DC comic book signed by that month’s featured creator (ARV $3.99)—and YOU can enter for a chance to win! It’s simple: all you have to do is submit a question in the Q&A thread between March 6 and March 12 for the creators to answer, and you’ll be entered to win that month’s signed book…it’s that easy! The winner will be selected at random, and every eligible person who participates will receive one entry into the giveaway–as always, please limit your questions for Dennis and Chris to just one, so that they can answer as many as possible!

Terms Apply. For eligibility requirements, full rules, and details on the Creator Q&A Giveaway, please visit: this page.

We hope you’re as excited as we are for this month’s Creator Q&A! Dennis and Chris are thrilled to be joining us, and they’re ready to answer your burning questions. Remember: get those questions in from now through March 12 for your chance to win a signed copy of Unstoppable Doom Patrol #1, and look forward to the video release on March 31 where the winner will be announced.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER/WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US or D.C. who are 18 or older. This DC Universe Infinite Community Giveaway (“DCUICG”) begins 03/06/23 at 10:00:00 a.m. PT and ends 03/12/23 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Prize for this DCUICG: Unstoppable Doom Patrol #1 signed by Chris Culver and Dennis Burnham. ARV of this DCUICG Prize: $3.99. Click here to view complete Official Rules, including ALL methods of entry, restrictions and extended Prize details. Odds of winning depend on # of Entries received for this specific DCUICG. Entry into this specific DCUI Community Giveaway does not result in an Entry into any other DCUICG, Sweepstakes or Contests. Sponsored and Administered by DC Comics, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
20 Likes

Dennis & Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. The Doom Patrol story in Lazarus Planet was one of the standouts to me and I look forward to the series!

My question for you: How much prior knowledge of the Doom Patrol is needed to jump onto your book? I’ve watched the TV series, but never indulged in the comics.

14 Likes

Which member of the Doom Patrol do you relate to most, and why?

9 Likes

When creating the story, did you reference anything from the television show? And what did you think of the show?

11 Likes

Hi guys! My question is, What literary figure outside of comics would fit into the Doom Patrol team?

15 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @EmmaJay! It’s great to have you join us. If there’s ever anything we can help you with, please let us know!

12 Likes

Is it possible that Ambush Bug could appear? My apologies if I sound rude or annoying. I hope that you have an excellent day!

13 Likes

Which character is the easiest and hardest to write?

11 Likes

Was it difficult finding the voices for any of these characters given how vastly different they are in personality?

9 Likes

Hello Dennis & Chris,
Will we be seeing any DC heroes meeting the Unstoppable Doom Patrol? It was great to see Doom Patrol in Batman/Superman: World’s Finest comic series when it first started. :grinning:

9 Likes

Given how different Doom Patrol comics can be from your typical superhero comics, when writing them is it hard at all balancing doing something new with them and staying true to what people expect a Doom Patrol comic to be?

9 Likes

What was your biggest influence while writing this book?
What is your favorite Doom patrol comic and why?

8 Likes

Of all the adjectives you could have gone with, what makes this particular Doom Patrol “Unstoppable”?

10 Likes

Doom Patrol is often considered a small team of misfits and outcasts. How will their unfamiliar and — dare I say — inhuman nature affect the plot and characters within the series?

8 Likes

Welcome, @EmmaJay!

tumblr_ppjo4j6Hta1r3v7t2o1_500

9 Likes

I can’t wait to read your work!

My question: if Beast Boy visits and turns into a fish, will it have hair?

20230306_135111

12 Likes

In a team book like this you are going to have older characters that people have known for a long time, and newer characters that have just been added to the team. How hard is it to make a team mesh like that? And how did you decide on the team?

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions!

13 Likes

What about the Doom Patrol’s particular brand of weirdness is the most compelling to you?

11 Likes

Will you be going into any of Cliff’s background pre-Robotman?

8 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions! I’m definitely looking forward to checking out your take on the team

Regarding the new Chief, why did you decide on one of Jane’s personalities to take over that position?

11 Likes