Unstoppable Doom Patrol Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

What are your favorite Doom Patrol comics?

9 Likes

Hello :wave:
Thanks for stopping by.

My question is what lead to the creation of the two new members?

Exited to read the series.

13 Likes

Thanks for participating in this, my question is are you picking up from the television show or some previous Doom Patrol Series, and if not do your characters draw inspiration more from the television show or any particular previous series?

12 Likes

Hello,

What are some things you are excited and/or nervous for people to see in this Doom Patrol run?

11 Likes

Hello! Big Doom Patrol fan here! Is Cliff gonna have a new body at the start or a fixed up robo body? :dp_robotman:

10 Likes

First of all, this is awesome! Not only is this the return of the video Q&A but now we get to ask a question to a comic writer AND artist? And we have the chance to win a signed copy of their book?!? (Those don’t count as my questions, do they? They were rhetorical! :smiley: )

I’ll give this some thought and edit this with my question later but had to express my joy in seeing this immediately!

QUESTION FOR CHRIS - How do you plan to make it clear to readers that the character we’re seeing is an alter of Jane? I know that Deadman books often have a red outline of people he’s inhabiting to let us know Boston Brand is in there and I’m curious what you have planned for us for Jane and her many alters.

10 Likes

Does the popularity of the Doom Patrol show give you guys some enthusiasm about starting this series?

8 Likes

I can’t tell, what is the full team line up?

8 Likes

welcome @braxtonwilkerson05.50459!

superheroes-waving

clifffistbump

9 Likes

I know that there’s going to be scratch off and glow in the dark variants (the former of which I have pre-ordered). Can we expect any other cool variants along those same lines?

11 Likes

Favorite version of the Doom Patrol HQ?

9 Likes

What music do you listen to while you work on creating comics?

7 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @williammacx.52286 and @king_mob.68593, it’s great to have you join us! Thanks for those questions, and please let us know if there’s anything the moderation team can help you with. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

My question is why add additional NEW characters from the start. In most cases they never really reappear. Faith, Grunt, Nudge, Vortex from Byrne’s run just simply went away. What’s to say your new characters won’t suffer the same fate. I would prefer new characters being added after say the first year.

7 Likes

Hi Dennis and Chris,

Looking forward to the series!

If each member of the Doom Patrol was awarded a Lantern Ring, which do you think each one would get and why?

10 Likes

What can you tell us about the new characters Beast Girl and the Degenerate?

9 Likes

Welcome to the DC Community @EmmaJay

8 Likes

How much of a deep dive will you go into the Doom Patrols history/characters??

8 Likes

Hey, Dennis and Chris! I’m beyond excited to sink my teeth into some new Doom Patrol comics, and everything I’ve seen so far has made me optimistic that yours will be some of the most fun. It’s even enough for me to use a forum post for the first time.

My question is: Dennis, you’ve said that all our comics count, and referenced Lucius in a blog post. Does this mean I should assume this takes place in the same continuity as the Young Animal run (i.e., that one alternate timeline that then kinda became part of the main universe after Milk Wars), or has that been moved back to its own little bubble?

9 Likes

welcome, @gayveryho! that’s a really good question! it almost makes my question about hairy fish seem silly and poorly thought-out :thinking:

7 Likes