Two Truths and a Lie: DC Edition 🙊

Did you get it right?

You’ll have to wait until Monday to know!

2 Likes

38% did get my lie correct.

GL/GA road trip across America is the second most important run/series in DC History. It has to be considered as a product of its time and read remembering that. It was the most divisive time in our post-civil war history. It really brought the idea that comics could deal with the complex sociopolitical issues that plague us.

Crisis on Infinite Earths is the most important. Something on that scale had never been done before. It was truly groundbreaking.

I think you need to define what you mean by profanity. Is “crap” profane? Is it Carlin’s 7 dirty words? The definition of profane is is highly variable.

1 Like
  1. Bat-man is Jewish
  2. Superman is unable to become obese
  3. Wonder Woman cannot stand monarchy

Here it is!
Truth: My favorite character in the DCAU is not Batman, it is the Question. Batman is number two but every time that guy shows up on the screen and says something about agelts’ true purposes being sinister I crack up. He’s also just plain cool. (70% of you guessed this one.)
Truth: Before DCU (one year ago) I had never even read NML. I had read some issues of Cataclysm and maybe one issue of NML but never the whole event. Sorry Zee! (10%)
Lie: I have not studied maps of Gotham and used specs for the bat-mobile to calculate how long it would take Batman to get to any given part of the city. I have studied maps of Gotham and specs for the Bat-mobile and considered this in the past but the different bat-mobiles and time made it impractical. You go @DeSade-acolyte and @seitan! (20%)

3 Likes

Interesting. Seemed too specific to be a lie, but I should’ve figured the favorite-character one was too easy of a lie just like Beast Boy.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to close this one! I accidentally set it so I can’t see the results without voting myself, so I have no idea what’s been in the lead, but clicking on it now…

The majority is WRONG! In fact, only @DeSade-acolyte got it right. My first piece of DC media was the JLU episode Dark Heart, and my first comic was the story “The Secret Life of Catwoman” from Batman #62, December, 1950, as reprinted in the “Batman in the Fifties” trade collection.

Sadly, my favorite comic series is not Detective Comics. I do love 'Tec, but I am also extremely picky about how I like my Batman stories, and there have been many runs I’m less fond of. So, evaluating my favorite as the series that I was most consistently entertained by, I have to say that my favorite is the first volume of Birds of Prey.

1 Like
  • I never read a comic before I got a DCU/DCUI subscription
  • I am only friends with superhero fans
  • I got my sister into superheroes

0 voters

1 Like

I love this game and I just now found this thread! Time for my contribution:

• A) Before Jason, I chose Tim Drake as my “Fictional Character Boyfriend”.
  • B) I have played Arkham Knight more times than I can count.
  • C) I actually don’t like every single version of Jason Todd.

0 voters

Good luck~

2 Likes

TRUTH: I have never read a comic before I got a DCU/DCUI subscription

TRUTH: I am only friends with superhero fans (easier to bond with IMO)

LIE: I got my sister into superheroes

2 Likes

I suppose I’ll give it a try. (The answer is in the results.)

• I like the Mad Hatter more than the Joker
  • I strongly dislike Beast Boy
  • I still haven’t seen Joker

0 voters

2 Likes
  • I have never seen an R rated DC film
  • I do not have a favorite Batman villain
  • I view Superman as the best character in all of DC

0 voters

1 Like
  • Hitman is my favorite comic series
  • I have never read a Golden-Age or a Silver-Age comic
  • I liked Chloe Sullivan more when she had powers in Smallville

0 voters

1 Like
  • The only version of Wonder Woman I really like is the one from justice league unlimited
  • I’ve never seen man of steel
  • I plan on collecting all the new earth Batman books

0 voters

2 Likes

The lie is ”i’ve never seen man of steel” Cavill is actually my favorite version of Superman.

1 Like

The lie was… Hitman is my favorite comic series. Superman Smashes the Klan is actually my favorite, although Hitman is my favorite character.

1 Like
  1. I once won a costume contest with a Batman: Year One costume.
  2. I once interviewed Mark Russell about The Flintstones.
  3. Plastic Man is one of my favorite characters.
2 Likes

The lie was that I have never seen an R rated DC film.

1 Like
Regarding Superman
  • I’ve never watched the Kirk Allen serials.
  • I dislike Bendis’ run.
  • I have a collectible that’s over 80 years old.

0 voters

1 Like