Two Truths and a Lie: DC Edition šŸ™Š

Pick the LIE.

• Darkseid is neither good nor evil
  • The most significant run/event in DC comics is GL/GAā€™s tour across America in the Bronze Age
  • My favorite DCU Animated film is Crisis on Two Earths

0 voters

1 Like

@ZatannaAndHerSpells is this poll to get us to guess which of these is true for you? Which is true for us? or which of these are not true of the 3 (2 truths and a Lie)

1 Like

@Aquamon Iā€™m no Zatanna, obviously, but in case sheā€™s not around: yes, weā€™re guessing the lie.

3 Likes

ok thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, that was confusing at first. Were you supposed to pick the two truths or the one lie.

2 Likes

And we have come to the weekend! I promised to reveal the lie and here it is below:

I have a long list of favorite characters and movies, and that list does include Damian Wayne - often at the very top. Many of these beloved movies are animated, as I am a huge lover of DCā€™s animated properties, but unfortunately Flashpoint has never quite made my list of favorites.

So the lie is that Flashpoint was my favorite animated movie.

3 Likes

OK, see, what I thought you were going for was that Damian is a preteen (unless this stopped being the case recently), and thus even if heā€™s your favorite would not qualify as a ā€œTeenā€ Titan, so I changed my vote from Flashpoint to Damian. This was the one that I figured I was probably overthinking. I still think BestBeastBoy is trying to trick us.

1 Like

Oh, I can see why you had thought that! But, as a first question, I didnā€™t want to trick anyone. Maybe in later ones, thoughā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™ve also cleared up the language on the opening post, to make it a bit less confusing.

3 Likes

OK, Iā€™ve been stewing over this for way too long:

• The first piece of DC media I saw was a Justice League Unlimited episode.
  • My favorite comic series is Detective Comics.
  • My first comic was a Batman story from the '50s.

0 voters

2 Likes
  • Before DCU (one year ago) I had never even read NML.
  • I study maps of Gotham and use specs for the bat-moblie to calculate how long it would take Batman to get to any given part of the city.
  • My favorite character in the DCAU is not Batman.

0 voters

Ha HA! You fools! I got 16 votes and NONE of you got it right! Watchmen and Omega men are the comics that I hate the most out of every comic ever. I hate them with a burning passion. Not because they are bad, but simply because I donā€™t like them. :)))))) None of you got it right!

I do have a list for characters: itā€™s called my ā€œcool superheroes listā€ because if I want to search for collectibles or comics I have to remember who I actually stan.
I love ā€œwritingā€ characters in my head and I have hundreds of different superheroes, but I donā€™t like fan fiction and canā€™t write plot or stories.

2 Likes

Surprising! I grew up with both shows, so they are dear to my heart in a different way than other shows.

The lie is actually that my fave character is BB! My favorite is Raven. : )

4 Likes

Iā€™m guessing people figured the second-favorite show would be an easy lie. I am surprised more people didnā€™t catch that Beast Boy being your favorite was way too obvious to be a choice unless it was the lie.

2 Likes

Agh, you got me. I shouldā€™ve figured Watchmen and Omega Men were too unassuming not to be the lie, but it seemed odd to call out fanfiction as something you specifically donā€™t do. To be fair, I misread the choice: I thought ā€œnew charactersā€ meant original fiction, but thatā€™s not what you said.

I can definitely believe the list of characters because I do that too, sort of. I have a ranking of every DC superhero who I know enough about to have an informed opinion on in order of preference. There are currently ninety-nine entries (though admittedly the bottom three are ā€œDAMIAN,ā€ ā€œFREAKING,ā€ and ā€œWAYNEā€ (Sorry, Zatanna)).

Tangent: Iā€™d considered using something from that list as one of my truths but decided it was too arbitrary to be fair (I was looking at my 20th favorite character, but it would be too easy to, for example, say my 19th favorite character was my 20th favorite and itā€™s essentially the same thing but it would technically be a lie). I could build a poll entirely out of the list on the caveat that the lie is at least thirty spaces offā€¦

1 Like

I do mostly original fiction. I do have a few lantern characters tho in-universe. And a few religious superheroes because there really arenā€™t any for non-jews or non-muslims

• I got into comics because of the injustice videogames
  • I used to hate Damian Wayne but now heā€™s my favorite
  • I went to NDK dressed as Rebis and most people just thought I was the invisible man

0 voters

Okay, time to reveal mine.

TRUTH: I sang a karaoke duet with Hector Navarro at a DCU fan event earlier this year. We were backed by a live band, and the actual Batsignal from Batman v Superman.

TRUTH: There IS a character in Young Animal based on me. Iā€™m good friends with one of the artists, and weā€™ve worked together on a few projects in the past. I was drawn in as a resident of the Phantom Zone who accidentally killed his brother-in-law.

LIE: I have NOT written a full Question movie spec script. However, my partner and I HAVE written a full Cassandra Cain movie spec script.

7 Likes

So, How long should I wait for the big reveal?

1 Like

Ah, well-played. I thought the trick was going to be that the karaoke duet was a different song.

1 Like

I just voted for myself at random to see what would happenā€¦ and it worked.