Two Truths and a Lie: DC Edition 🙊

The title says it all! We here at DC Universe would love to get to know all of you a bit better and we hope you feel the same. That’s the goal of this game, to share our knowledge, experience, and history with one another. Anything goes, as long as it’s connected to DC comics in some way.

Pro-tip: You can add a poll to your post to make things extra fun!

Below I have two truths listed, with a lie sprinkled someone in the mix. Vote on what you think is the lie and see if you’re right!

0 voters

4 Likes
  • I start voice over training tomorrow afternoon.
  • I once appeared in a film designed to teach English to foreign students and my line was, “I’ll give you these two oranges.”
  • I own two pit bulls named Harley Quinn and Moxie Crimefighter.

0 voters

2 Likes

Two of these are true, one is a lie with a hint of truth. Pick the lie.

• I was a Game Designer for 10 years, and once came this close to working on a Batman game.
  • I taught High School. Every year I had a contest for kids to write their own comic page that I had professionally made. Wonder Woman was the first winner.
  • Due to my wheelchair it is hard to cosplay. I once attended DragonCon as gender-bent Oracle.

0 voters

2 Likes
  • My favorite comics are Omega Men and Watchmen
  • I have so many favorite characters I have a list to keep track of them all
  • I love writing new characters but never fanfiction

0 voters

2 Likes
  • I got to meet Jim Lee and Geoff Johns in one night last year
  • The most signatures I’ve gotten in one book is 12 (Superman Unchained)
  • My favorite DC movie is The Dark Knight Rises

0 voters

1 Like

Oooh, I love this game. Pick the 1 lie, folks!

• Beast Boy is my favorite character.
  • I’ve been a DC fan for over 15 years.
  • Batman Beyond is my favorite animated series after Teen Titans (2003).

0 voters

1 Like

So, when do we reveal the truth?

3 Likes

Great question! You can reveal your answer when you like. :slight_smile: Personally, I will be revealing this weekend.

4 Likes

You know, I think I have trust issues. I just changed my answers to both @ZatannaAndHerSpells’ and @BestBeastBoy’s polls because I decided they were trying to trick me. One I might be overthinking but the other I’m pretty sure of…

I’ve never tricked anyone in my life! :angel:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see the answer to this one! :smiley: I’m really hoping you were able to meet Jim Lee and Geoff Johns in one night. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m definitely excited about revealing this one. I wanna see how many more votes I can get, but I can’t imagine I’ll wait too much longer

1 Like

I’m super excited to read all of these answers. :smiley: So many awesome possibilities!

1 Like

I’m gonna follow Zatanna’s lead and wait for this weekend.

As an aside, I think I just realized, “I’m gonna follow Zatanna’s lead” is a sentence my soul always wanted to say.

6 Likes

I’m going to be doing hardcore NaNoWriMo (in real life these days I’m actually an author.)

Most people picked the wrong thing as the lie.

I really was a game designer for 10 years, and came really close to working on a Batman game.

I really did teach high school kids who were in a joint enrollment program to get college credits while still in high school for about 6 years, and the comic page was an assignment for Storytelling. Every year I hired professional comic artist Frederica Manfredi to take the one the class voted on and turn it into a comic page. It ran me around $120 each year.

As to the last - It was a lie, sort of. I really am in a wheelchair, and it really is hard to cosplay in one. I’ve done an ok Charles Xavier and I once did Robert Berathian turning my wheelchair into the Iron Throne, and I did “baby legs Deadpool” once too - While I did once consider doing gender bent Oracle, I’m too chubby to pull it off, and the costume was basically jean shorts, a batman t-shirt, and a laptop on a swivel arm with a batgirl mask hung on a handle strut - So it was bulky, cumbersome, and a lot of my griends and roommates didn’t get it - So instead I went as Batman in a back and neck brace and I fled whenever I encountered someone dressed as Bane.

5 Likes
  • There’s a minor character in the Young Animal imprint based on me.
  • I performed a karaoke duet of Four Non Blondes’ “What’s Up” with Hector Navarro.
  • I have a spec script stored away for a live action Question movie.

0 voters

2 Likes

Bumping so hopefully more people see this and vote before the weekend

This seems to have slowed down enough, so I’m about ready to reveal mine. The truth is…I actually have 19 signatures in my copy of Superman Unchained. (Thanks, Baltimore Comic-Con!)

Despite everyone thinking it was the lie, my incredibly unpopular movie opinion is, in fact, true. Look, The Dark Knight is in my top 10 overall and I absolutely love it (and Batman Begins, for that matter), but Rises is something else entirely. I’m a sucker for third installments/finales, and this is no exception. Despite others’ problems w/ it, I still see it as an amazing conclusion to my favorite trilogy ever.

And yes, I did get to meet Jim Lee and Geoff Johns about a year ago in what was one of the most memorable nights of my life. I was actually lucky enough to win an early DCU sweepstakes to go to the Titans premiere in NYC and have a meet-and-greet with Jim Lee. There were supposed to be 25 winners, but only myself and one other person were able to make it, which made the event even more special. He even drew a couple impromptu sketches in the books I brought for him to sign. There were a bunch of other DC people there that I got to meet (Frank Miller, Dan DiDio, Adam Glass, Jason Fabok, Marv Wolfman, Tiffany Smith), but it was at the theater that I got to meet Geoff Johns as well, which was probably the best surprise of the night. Getting to talk to my favorite artist ever and then meeting my favorite writer was a dream come true!

5 Likes

Okay, most everyone got me…I don’t have any pitbulls, quite the opposite: we have two cute wittle Shih Tzus, but they are named Harley Quinn and Moxie Crimefighter.

I did start voiceover training this week, and it was a lot of fun. I’ve always been told I had a good voice and tried to look into how to get in the field years back, but couldn’t find the resources I needed. This just sort of found me recently, so hoping to get a side bidness going with it. If anyone knows where I could send my demo when I’m done, let me know!

And I did have that line in the educational film. It was a Huckleberry Finn scene and he tricked us neighborhood kids into giving him stuff to paint a fence for him. I got in with my 2 oranges!

This was a cool idea, thanks to everyone who put a poll up!

5 Likes
  • I have a copy of Dark Knight Returns #1 signed by Frank Miller
  • I have met the creator of Deadly class in person
  • My favorite DC animated movie is Justice League Dark

0 voters

1 Like