Tribute To The Adventures Of Superman

I saw that too, I figure that the George Reeves Superman is based more on the Golden Age Clark, because I’ve read some of the 40’s stories that series episodes were based on. Back when The Adventures of Superman streamed on the OG DC Universe, at the end of the episode they would show one or two relevant comics to read. I miss having that!

5 Likes

I think Reeves’ was happier playing Clark than Superman (he seems to have nixed any exterior shoots in Superman costume for the last two seasons, so maybe he had some embarassing encounters, though just a guess there). Reeves was a good actor, and there was a little more dimension to the role of Clark,so he’d naturally want to gravitate to that role more. Also, as the years passed, he just started looking less convincing in the role of Superman

5 Likes

I’m reviving this thread, I wanted to let you guys know that starting September 1st, I plan to rewatch, review and count how many save Superman save, and How many times Perry White say ‘Great Cesar Ghost’ throughout the series.
This will be like what I’m doing in Smallville club’s Luthor Corp’s Journal, only difference is I will not be in character and will be my honest self.
There’s 104 episodes in 6 season, hope you’ll enjoy it.
It’ll be a great way to celebrate 70 years of The Adventures of Superman. :grinning:

:superman_fan_club:

7 Likes

Season 1 Begins

Episode 1: Superman On Earth
This episode is pretty much a origin story of Superman.
It begins on planet Krypton, it’s interesting to see that Jor-el’s home office building is Griffith Observatory where James Dean would later film Rebel without a cause there. :slightly_smiling_face:
The Actor who played Jor-el was really good.
Now let’s talk about Smallville scene, the Kents first names are totally different, their names are Ethan & Sarah Kent, not Jonathan & Martha Kent.
There was a very dangerous scene where Ethan had to get the baby from a burning rocket. Hats off to the Actor and the crew on working this very dangerous scene.
The young Clark Kent was good, trying to figure out why he’s different.
Finally we see older Clark leaving Smallville and try to get a job at the Daily Planet.
With few minutes left everything was a bit of a rush, without getting to know the characters a bit better.

I’ll give this 4 out of 5 :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: Superman symbol, for great origin story from Krypton to Smallville, Metropolis scene was a last minute rush. :slightly_smiling_face:

Superman save: 1

9 Likes

Episode 2: The Haunted Lighthouse
Jimmy Olsen goes on a vacation and visit his family in Maine.
This episode was a mystery type episode, Jimmy would keep hearing this haunting voice that keep saying, “Help I’m drowning.”
Interesting of all people he would call Clark Kent for help.
The flying special effect for Superman is ok, think I saw a couple of goofs.
I give this episode 3 out of 5 :superman: :superman: :superman: Superman symbol, it’s a good episode with a bit of mystery, it just wasn’t my favorite episode.

So far in the series, Superman save #2 lives. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Episode 3: The Case Of The Talkative Dummy
Lois & Clark take Jimmy to see a Ventriloquist show for his birthday.
A strange voice talk about the same time as a dummy, Lois and Clark notice something strange about it and decided to investigate it.
This was the first episode where we finally see Inspector Henderson, he would later join Lois and Clark on the case.
There was one shocking scene where Clark tell Lois that Jimmy was in the safe and disappeared, in today world, Lois would’ve probably figure out that Clark is Superman when blowing his cover, and wouldn’t have let it slide.
I really like the ending, it was a bit fun when Clark hear it’s Perry White was on the phone. :laughing:
It was actually a very good episode, I give 4 out of 5 :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: Superman symbol, would’ve given it 5, but that one scene where Clark tell Lois that Jimmy in the safe was a bad line and could’ve easily blown his secret identity.

So far Superman has now save: #3 lives so far in the series, twice for Jimmy. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The Mystery Of The Broken Statues
Two thugs walk into a store and started to break & pay for every statues to look for something.
Lois came by and seem interested in the case. So she had Clark to help her investigate this Mystery.
I really don’t want to spoil this Mystery, in my opinion, this episode was really well written.
I would give this episode 5 out of 5 :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: for a great Mystery story and it’s rare to see a Detective side of Clark Kent.

Anyway This was the first episode where Superman save Lois, so now Superman save #4 lives in the series so far.:grinning:

5 Likes

Man I’m just picturing you there binging away! Glad you’re enjoying yourself, and keep ‘em comin’ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thankyou so much for enjoying reading the reviews @moro, more are on the way.:grinning:

5 Likes

Yeah that was a pretty scary episode. The villains were really bad people. As I recall the one lady was just pretending to be his real aunt.

4 Likes

I love this episode! :candle::cloud_with_rain:

4 Likes

Great summaries! It’s been so long since I’ve seen any of these episodes, and you’ve completely captured the flavor of them. I had no idea there was an origin-on-Krypton episode.

4 Likes

Episode 5: The Monkey Mystery
In a different country a man with his daughter is on a run with a secret formula, while he couldn’t go further, he gave his daughter the formula to give to the president.
In Metropolis Lois and Clark see a cute little monkey in Superman’s outfit, who is entertaining little kids.
The monkey pass out the note and accidentally gave Lois a secret note.
Now with Lois is on the case, it’s up to Superman to keep the secret formula falling into a wrong hand.
This was actually a really good classic episode, I really did like the little monkey.

This was the first episode where Perry White say his famous line, Great Cesar’s Ghost, he said it #3 time in this episode.

I give this episode :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: Superman symbol.

6 Likes

That haunting cry for help scared the heck out of me as a ten-year-old.

5 Likes

I’am Glad That As A Kid People Got Too Watch Superman and Batman!
As A Kid I Used Too Watch Batman On Channel Eleven!
I Wish I Could Have Seen Superman!

As an Adult I Got Too See Superman, Great Series!
Should Have Had Lex, Ultra Humanite and the Prankster On It!
Superman’s Three Greatest villains!

4 Likes