Titans, why the cussing?

also cursing isn’t really that big of a deal if you sit down with your kids and explain context and nuance in media. simply explaining that you can’t apply things in tv shows to your real life. as much as we want to, we can’t shield our kids forever.

1 Like

I don’t know the swearing on the show never bothered me. People shouldn’t expect this to be a live action Teen Titans Go. And even if it was, teenagers cuss. A lot. I know I did when I was in my teen years.

6 Likes

Because real people say swear words. Grow up.

7 Likes

What the hell. DC is now making u have to explain to ur kids what a curse word is. Also where did we get in the world when others think its not that bad. What have we truly become

4 Likes

It’s just words… meaningless letters grouped together, nothing offensive about them. People are only offended by them because somebody else told you to be offended by them. I never understood this. It’s all about control.

2 Likes

Hey, guys - Please, remember to be considerate in addressing the opinions of one another. You do not have to agree, but you do have to be respectful!

6 Likes

Hey I curse like a sailor and even I felt it was too much and too gratuitous just done for shock value and social media posts which worked

This show is not meant for children, it is meant for 16 to older fans of DC

3 Likes

Not to mention, in this modern age, if a guy is hanging by the ceiling getting beaten and/or tortured; he’s going to drop a curse word or two. I find it more realistic to include cursing. One doesn’t need to drop one every 30 seconds like Deadpool does, but it’s believable with a few.

2 Likes

i’m also a delicate flower with virgin ears. the bible told me cursing was bad, so i get upset when someone has a potty mouth.

1 Like

I understand that folks take offense to cussing. and yes children associate the teen titans as cartoons and funny but that is not the real world and as much as we all know that this is fiction it gives a sense of realism. i always get yelled at for my language but my ma fights with my family all the time that my first word was truck, EVERYONE else says i know his father and he isn’t saying truck or duck.

This makes the story more believable. It also was said LONG before the premiere not for children. And when all of you were growing up, I’m sure there were things you wanted to see that you missed out on because of scenes in it. When you got older you understood why after seeing it.

My Brother and I grew up fighting each other to make each other stronger not to hurt each other but to learn to defend ourselves. He is very upset with the WWE. When we were younger in the 90’s and early 2000’s it was the attitude era blood bad language to an extent etc… I grew up watching WWE as a child and young. Now its a “FAMILY SHOW”, Henke no more blood change of characters attitudes promos and matches. His point to this is that he is the parent of his children, not the McMahons. He decides what his children watch and what they don’t.

Now DC is giving parents that option to choose what they want and don’t want children to see. At least they had the decency to put parental controls on the app. Also there are adult cartoons out there MUCH worse than this children think cartoon its for kids. Have you ever seen rick and morty uncensored? WOW! I learned things, and i grew up in the streets of Chicago and my father was Chicago PD. If you don’t like the cussing don’t watch the show if you don’t care enjoy, if you have children its your job as parents to raise them, and show them what to say what not to if you don’t think it’s appropriate then don’t have them watch there are 2 other shows on here that they can watch with those characters. This is not TEEN Titans this is TITANS. Just as there is teen titans and titans comics 2 different teams and storylines and words. Just as Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! Are 2 COMPLETELY different shows. Older audiences don’t really want to watch TTG!. Some do.

Let’s not forget cussing isn’t the only thing, someone else said on here that GOD taught them not to cuss because its bad. Well what about the sexual scenes in episode 2 alone 2 different scenes hawk & Dove then ravens Flash of robin & Dove. So would you allow your kids to see that? If yes then what is the problem with the words?

I’m not bashing anyone or anything anyone said i understand both sides of the argument. Ultimately it falls on the parents to do what they feel is right and no one can change anyone’s mind on that.

Just don’t try and make others feel bad about watching it or who they let watch it or cause DC to change the show.

Either you watch or you don’t.

2 Likes

Sorry i was reading more of the posts on here! It’s been said have any of you read a comic in the past decade. Look 3 decades ago when i was buying comics it was like that. And as they also said especially in the Bat-Family comic. Honestly they are my favorite Joker is not clean mouthed at all, he raped Barbara Gordon AFTER HE shot her causing her to be paralyzed. He beat Jason Todd with a crowbar and blew him up! In the same year none the less.

OH WHAT ABOUT EVERYONES FAVORITE BOUNTY HUNTER LOBO?

What about Harley and some of her outfits and lines?

Also some said that there kids love Teen Titans Cartoons, As i said in my last post BEFORE the premiere even before the launch it was clearly stated that TITANS is a dark violent Mature audience show.

Seriously so many are complaining about the cussing, again i ask what about the sexual content, now i ask what about the violence Robin gave a guy a brick faciual and sliud another guy across a broken window slicing open his face. And you get upset over after that him saying F batman. And the other cussing. What about beat boy stealing the sexual content in the starfire scene.
THIS IS ALL FICTION!

2 Likes