Titans, why the cussing?

The cussing was just in random symbols because of censors.

There’s no flavor if you don’t have cursing during tense moments or moments that are hilarious. People don’t naturally filter themselves.

1 Like

It doesn’t add or cheapens the show. It’s just there. I doubt it’s meant to do anything except be modern and realistic for certain characters like Hank and thugs

I can see both sides. The challenge I have is that my teen son usually watches the new shows and movies with me and keeps arguing about watching the Titans. I would vote less for this reason.

2 Likes

This is why. Because DC only can do things that are wrong. Not its customers

5eca204250aeca9367e7827b11248dd2-full.jpg

3 Likes

Lol who’s pecker is that?

@TotalDC, I think that DC is still the best out there. I’ve enjoyed all the movies and shows they have made. With “Watchman” not really being my cup of tea, plus I never read any of the Watchman books. As someone else said that their teenager can not watch the show with them because of the rating, this takes away precious time that way could share together. The main line of DC comics have always been my favorite comic books. I just wish that the makers of shows would understand that most of us would like to include our children when we watch a show.

Go read silver age comics or watch the animated shows on here. Not everything need to be for kids or family time.

Sick of the dark, gritty and mature stuff being condemned as too edgy. The DC Universe is big enough for both styles!

This show is it’s own interpretation and an elseworld’s story as much as anything outside comics are. The Teen Titans cartoon Is actually furthur away from the comics than this show is.

So f’n deal with it!

2 Likes

@TX85, no where did I say that I wasn’t going to watch the show, all that was said was why the cussing. So with you comment “so f’n deal with it” really was uncalled for. There is never just one side to a story, we must all learn to look at all side and understand that a person isn’t always wrong for the views they have. For people that do value their family time, they do deal with it.

@Thehammerknight, but why be concerned about the one show on the service with adult language when there are so many other ones to choose from without it? Will there be other original shows with profanity? Probably, though not necessarily. But regardless, there’s enough room for both types of shows or both sides, as you put it. There’s sooooo much other content out there that’s tailored to kids that you can share with yours. Not everything can look or sound one way to appease families. It had adult language? Then the kids can’t see it. Plain and simple. But I enjoy the different types of shows - old and new - this service will have, so let’s not get rid of that variety.

Lol there’s FINALLY something Titans related on TV that’s not aimed at a 7 year old. About time!

1 Like

Well said!

1 Like

I agree, they should tone down swearing. Keep it to 1 or 2 times an episode.

1 Like

I am enjoying the show so far too, but I have to agree that the extreme violence and cussing don’t make it any better. I do wish the show was more fun. I mean comics books are supposed to be a fun escape right?

Not all. Many are dramatic and story driven

1 Like

Love the show. But i agree with others, cannot stand the cussing. I have a 7 and 8 year old that love the Titan cartoon so i thought the would like it. Too much cussing

1 Like

Have any of you who are off put by the language in Titans even read a comic book in the past decade or so? There’s been plenty of foul language and violent imagery. Especially in bat family books.

1 Like

I think it makes sense in the context of the show. Even the “f*** Batman” line felt natural once it played out in the episode.

2 Likes

I think it makes sense in the context of the show. Even the “f*** Batman” line felt natural once it played out in the episode.

1 Like

Teen Titans Go! is for your 7-8 year olds, Titans is not it’s a mature rated show like many other forms of mature rated entertainment meant for adults and like adults in real life adult language and situations should be expected…

6 Likes

The f*ck Batman was definetly much better in context than the damn trailers

5 Likes

i dunno, i felt like the way the scene was cut made the line make less sense somehow. but that’s just poor editing.