Titans- why is Dick the only bad guy in the room?- SPOILERS!

Honestly Jason was told to stay put. I’m a Jason Todd fan, but this Jason’s is too consumed with beating Dick as Robin. A contest clearly Dick isnt trying to play. I think Dick is only responisle for the ones he personally brought in Raven and Garfield. The rest are too grown to blame others. Dawn needs to get to know herself. Hank never seem to make up his own mind without help. Donna is just self entitled, I liked her before but she is spolied.

1 Like

Several months ago the production team said that this season would include some manner of the Judas Contract. So perhaps Rose is Tara. Also, Conner killed a cop and assaulted several others. I don’t see how he can just get away with that, no matter how it came to be.

4 Likes

I’m curious how they will attempt to redeem the team this season. I wasn’t expecting to hate them all like I did in season 1 cause this season started strong, but here we are. And it feels like it’ll take the rest of the season for the team to get back together based on their current pacing.

1 Like

@mbradleyc.25150 I’m afraid the writers will ignore the whole Conner killing cops plus having his face seen situation just like they did with Kory in Season 1 when she assaulted cops, killed FBI agents and (probably) hurt/killed innocent people when she blew up the train. She also had her face seen but they never addressed the plot of her being wanted by the government after that and here we are in Season 2 like none of that ever happened… smh :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I think that has more to do with them realizing that the direction they took with the first season was not necessarily the best one, and they’re trying to lean away from the tone of the last season, and like WB is doing with the DCEU right now, they think that the best way to solve the problems they made for themselves is to just ignore them and pretend they never happened.

1 Like

I can understand trying to go a different direction but man is that some lazy/crap writing for them to ignore a plot thread that big. I’d prefer if they just kinda forgot Kory was wanted by the government rather than being sooo lazy about it :confused: What’s the point of anything in this show if they just willy-nilly ignore stuff that happens??

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s not a problem exclusive to this show. I’ve seen several shows/movies that abandon plot threads for reasons like:
-fans didn’t like them
-the studio didn’t like them
-it was realized that they made no sense
-they ultimately wouldn’t lead to anything satisfying

The list goes on, and it’s unfortunate that writers and directors would rather just sweep a problem under the rug, than find a creative way to dig themselves out of the hole they dug for themselves.

4 Likes

Yup very true. It was just a detriment to her character since any time they try to make her sympathetic in the show (like last episode when she felt sad about killing her friend) it’s hard to feel anything for her since they showed her having no remorse over her past actions of killing innocent people. I still feel like the conflict of her morality within the team and them tackling that with her would’ve been interesting for her story. Not sure if I’ll care about her conflict with Blackfire or who wins in that given what’s they’ve done with Starfire’s character.

2 Likes

After hearing what the others have written here I am convinced that there is some mental manipulation going on here in the same way that a foreshadowed gun must go off. A foreshadowed power must be used. Note everyone came to the conclusion to leave serially.

Were they ever a team? I have never seen a coordinated attack. Every episode is basically lie lie lie… Lie revealed… Anger at being lied to… I forgive you and then lie lie lie… Also comparing live action Robin to Animated Robin. One knows what each team member brings and how to coordinate that to win fights that they should lose. The other must be convinced that everyone else is a burden.

1 Like

I don’t get some of the things. Posted earlier in this thread, that Dick has to hit rock bottom before becoming nightwing. Why? Alcoholics need to hit rock bottom before getting help…there’s no logical reason why Dick has to.

Regardless, not a fan of some of the writing this year. I love the OG Titans flashbacks, if only for the action and the costumes. But the modern day Titans are just written as amazingly hypocritical and not heroic at all.

2 Likes

I agree someone might be pulling strings I am hoping they are pulling the whole Jericho is leaving in side someone’s head like they did in the comics where he was in side slades head

1 Like

He did call Bruce from the computer and he didn’t answer

Well I agree with you and @ToughGuyStu the whole living in his head is from the Teen Titans comic book so I love that to happen. And it be crazy if he is hoping from person to person like after Dick saw Slade he jump to Dick and that what made him attack the cop and head to jail.

1 Like

It looked like Gar started to call Bruce, then hung up

1 Like

Yea, during the scene with Connor going postal, my main thought was, “if they had cast somebody to be Superman, now is when he would show up”

1 Like

He started to call, then hung up for some unknown reason (dumb reason, apparently).

I totally felt the same way watching this EP. Ugh it was so frustrating to see Dick treated like that by his teammates and the younger Titans that he’s put his neck on the line for. Like here we are on the edge of our seats waiting 2 seasons for this team to finally come together and BOOM, they fall like a house of cards as soon as the truth comes out. I understand this was all a part of Deathstroke’s plan, but Jesus how long are we supposed to wait for this group to actually become a team and stop acting like a bunch of rogues?!? It’s like the last few eps Season 1 & all of Season 2, Dick has had to serve some sort of penance between his transition from Robin to Nightwing. It’s kind of all over the place and the build-up is starting to seem anti-climatic halfway through Season 2. Like come on already, we care about the characters, we’re invested, GIVE US THE TITANS!

I did thoroughly enjoy all the Deathstroke scenes and even the Jericho storyline. Like someone mentioned below, hopefully, he’s still around but I doubt it :frowning:

4 Likes

And comics are guilty of this too. Any serialized format is prone to it.

I think it’s important to remember that Titans is one of the first TVMA superhero shows. So they are forging new ground. I can live with it. I think they might have had better luck doing season 1 as a “flashback” to the original team, then season 2, bring in Raven, BB, and Star. Reform the team by the end of season 2, then done Trigon/Raven season 3. Maybe even taking a bit of inspiration from the TT animated series. Using a “dead” Slade working for Trigon, but with his own agenda.

1 Like

I think that Dick hitting rock bottom is really a way of saying that he has to strip away all the baggage and guilt he carries before he rises like a phoenix into Nightwing. Nightwing needs to not be carrying around all that baggage. Nightwing is really a case of Dick being reborn, into a new hero and no longer being in the shadow of The Bat. Be that by other people’s perceptions or his own. The latter being more important.

2 Likes