Titans Season 2 Finale!

I had fun watching this. Yeah, the show ain’t perfect, but, I haven’t found many “prefect” things in life. Loved the Nightwing suit. I kinda want them to hurry up and kill off Jason so that they can bring in Tim.

I wanted more Jason too…and DeathStrokes dealth was to easy…

Poor Raven has a past history in DC Comics almost as incoherent as Donna Troy’s, so I hesitate to state this as fact, but let’s just say I don’t see any comic book instance where Raven has the power to raise the dead. Of course the TV series can do what they like, but if any of the writers are reading this: again, it won’t make good fictional world building to have a character with the power to bring the dead to life.

Donna’s death would have had a lot more meaning if she and the others had gotten out of the car after Deathstroke machine guns them, and died battling Deathstroke.

2 Likes

Im very disappointed by this season. It started off so great and then seemed to lose its way halfway thru. The finale seemed rush and Deathstroke went down way to easy. In the future I’d love if we focused more on the team as a whole rather than each ep focusing on one titan and than just mashing them all together at the end

I really loved nightwing. I hope that they don’t rush the red hood story line. I agree that the show isn’t perfect but life isn’t either. I still love watching it every Friday and I can’t wait for season 3

2 Likes

That’s true. I don’t want them to rush the Red Hood story either. I’m curious if they’ll even do it since, to do it right, they’d have to find an actor to play the Joker, and I just don’t see them doing that this close to the recent movie. I do love watching this show every week. A sassier Dick would be fun. Maybe he’ll lighten up a bit as he delves further into the Nightwing character.

1 Like

I would love him to be like the light hearted Spider-Man of dc. I don’t care about anything wrong with the show. Seeing him as nightwing was a dream come true

1 Like

Agreed! Seeing any Robin done some justice in live action has made my life better! I’m grateful for this show. Almost numbs my grief at the loss of Swamp Thing. Haha!

1 Like

I haven’t seen swamp thing but I plan on it. I am trying to binge watch all of the series in the dc originals section. I’m on young justice right now

1 Like

It was fantastic!!! Highly recommended!

1 Like

Did they cancel it for good?

As far as I know.

1 Like

Agreed,

I don’t want to come across as overly critical. I’ve been loving the Titans show and want it to continue. Up until this point I actually had few complaints with the series.

What I don’t get is why not have Deathstroke kill Donna? Donna had a big reason to want revenge against Deathstroke for killing Aqualad! She had as much reason as to be involved in the fight as Dick, she sat in the car and watched. The falling electric fair tower way they killed he felt completely inadequate. Nothing else really needed to change. It also cements Deathstroke as a true foe, one capable of truly taking on the Titans.

Secondly, why does Starfire say “From Lex Luthor” when she punches the Cadmus leader? Starfire wouldn’t know Lex or have any reason to even say something like this. Shouldn’t this punch have been from Superboy or Beast Boy?

Overall, there were some bizarre decisions and killings in the finale that didn’t feel like they had the right payoff. I think what happened was okay, but the “way” or “story” for how it happened was not well thought out. It sucks if it was reshoots, overzealous corporate executives (someone has to die!), or contracts that got in the way of telling a great story.

Again, I am optimistic that Titans will continue to be an awesome show for DCU and can’t wait for more. Best of luck to the crew and cast for season 3!

1 Like