Titans Season 2 Finale!

Titans season 2 finale was AWSOME!!! I love that nightwing action. Just wished there was more Jason

4 Likes

I really dug it! The Nightwing v Deathstroke fight was the best fight the show has had so far. My only huge gripe was the show killing off Deathstroke. Esai Morales is too good in the role to not return. Hopefully we get some Trigon shenanigans to bring him back. Donna’s death was lame but I’m not really bothered by it sine I’m pretty sure Rachel will bring her back.

2 Likes

Everything in the beginning was spot on…

But I found it to be a very disappointing finale towards the end…

There was no reason for Donna to die…
Like… It was so random and Superboy could have stepped in… -_-

12 Likes

Enjoyed the finale. Awesome fight sene between Nightwing and Deathstroke and Donna and Conner. Interested to see Rachel in Themyscria and see if she has any more control of her powers next season. Can’t wait to see more of the feud between Kori and her sister. So glad they didn’t really end this season with a cliffhanger like last season.

2 Likes

I said the exact same thing in another thread. They couldn’t come up with a more plausible way to kill her off? She is so strong, yet electricity will kill her? I would have rather Mercy wasn’t really knocked out and shot her when no one was paying attention or something. That, I would believe!

8 Likes

I love this show to death but this Finale was absolute trash to me. I am glad you all found some enjoyment out of it but it felt that they just rushed it.

Dick is still a fugitive and no one cares
Donna dying was weak and honestly I am not even sure how that would kill her.
Conner and Garth are just free to go without any penalty? At least show the impact to what damage they caused.
I may be mistaken here but I did not know Starfire knew about Lex Luther, yet she told Mercy to send him a message? huh
Deathstroke dying was not satisfying to me at all either.

I did enjoy the nightwing and deathstroke fight. Waited my whole life to see that and then I did like the reveal that Bruce was not really there in the dessert. Thought that was dope but overall I was very underwhelmed with this finale.

8 Likes

That was…pretty awful. Deathstroke going down in the first five minutes was lame and Wonder Girl’s “death” was laughable. Why this is getting another season Idk but might as well reboot the whole thing or get better writers.

3 Likes

It really bothered me to see Donna go out like that. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason for it. I saw the the electric tower about to fall and I immediately was screaming for Superboy to come and catch it but instead Donna did. And I loved how Dove just stood there and watched for the tower to fall T_T

Most stupidest death I’ve ever seen on television. She didn’t need to die… At all. Superboy was throwing the Titans around like a volley ball just moments before…

And he just sat there and watched.

9 Likes

This season was very good up until the Jericho episode. After that, it just got so convoluted and stopped making sense. There were no repercussions for anybody, and Dick just saying that it doesn’t matter that Rose killed Deathstroke is stupid as hell. Donna didn’t need to die at all, and it was weird that Diana wasn’t even at the funeral for her. Rachel leaving to somehow help Donna made zero sense whatsoever. Honestly this season was a huge letdown for me, and I hope they get better writers for season 3

7 Likes

Um yeah I hate to say it but what the heck was that. Donna’s death was not executed well and unbelievable. The fight with Deathstroke was lame and not very climatic. They really should of had the eps be one big show down or at least have had better fight scenes. There were some funny parts but overall not that great. At the end when they all are about to go out on a mission gave me hope for what the next season could be but after these last 2 seasons I am skeptical.

2 Likes

Agreed it started off strong and after the climax with deathstroke fighting them mid season it just went all over the place and fell apart.

I think there were some great moments and some frustrating moments.

I loved how the Deathstroke storyline was resolved… but I hated how Jericho just up and vanished from the story afterwards. Honestly, it would have made more sense for him to be the one to save Conner; he should know more than anyone about being forced to watch horrible things as a prisoner of one’s mind.

Donna’s death came right the hell out of nowhere, but it might set up some good stuff for Rachael on Themyscira.

I think Hank and Dawn have good storyline potential in the future, as does Kory.

But most of all, I love how the Titans have a chance to be heroes again. We’re not going to spend half the next season watching them mope around, and the season after that watching them solve problems they themselves helped cause. I can feel it.

Here’s to another season of Titans, and to its best chance yet to “grow the beard.” And to Donna Troy, I suppose.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that it was incredibly stupid for all of the people at the amusement park to be applauding them. Like, wtf they just killed a bunch of people, and none of them could have known that Gar and Conner were brainwashed. Also Conner taking credit for the destruction at the amusement park made no sense. He was sent in to stop Gar. The damage that was done was from him, not Conner.

6 Likes

Donna’s death or “sacrifice” felt so superficial. It almost had a tacked on feel, like some writer said “you know what would be more dramatic? If one of them died!”, but the two big set piece fights had already been shot, so they just added Donna being electrocuted by a falling pylon…like really? A room full of writers and this was the best they could do? Either the actress really wanted out, or the writers just got lazy, or as was evident by Season 1, the showrunners don’t know how to do a finale.

3 Likes

Yeah it was seriously ridiculous. If they had given her a better death I would probably be able to look past some of the other stuff but that was so silly. While watching I was just like “seriously this is how your going to kill her”

3 Likes

I was disappointed. I liked elements of the episode (Nightwing for one) but Donna’s death was so…random.
I feel like they’ve also set a weird standard with villains that they build up throughout a season only to have anti climactic endings. First Trigon now Deathstroke. It’s all build and a weak payoff.

6 Likes

I didn’t really dig it too much, I love the series but it felt rushed, and disappointing. They wasted the big bad of season 2 in a four minute fight. And to kill off Donna like that? She’s an Amazonian for Christ’s sake, she can take a Little electrocution. I know it’s all plot based and stuff but why couldn’t you have super boy occupied? Or do something instead? it would have made a lot more sense then him standing there and watching her die. I digged the nightwing suit though. Overall this season finale just didn’t live up to the hype. Same thing with last season.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t mind a slow burn but at least give us the payoff with a good ending. So much time spent hashing things out for a lackluster ending. :unamused:

2 Likes

Do y’all remember the eps where they have the scene with Mercy in the car with her family? It seemed pointless, and had nothing to do with anything. I was really hoping that her wife was going to be Lex’s redhead sister that was in that picture at his dads house, but it seems to have just been a “hey Mercy is gay and we have representation in the show even though none of it will be relevant” There were so many pointless things in this season like Rachel going to that abandon house with those other kids. The slow burn on reveling Nightwing was the worst though, and how is he going to get out of the whole escaped criminal situation?

3 Likes

This final was so divisive. Yeah Dick’s fight with Deathstroke was pretty cool but Deathstroke was a dumbass in that final fight and was way out of character to fight the Titans out in the open like that. plus they killed him off in the first 13 minutes of the final when he’s been the big bad of this entire season which is stupid. The Cadmus stuff was pretty good besides the lackluster fight choreography between Conor and Donna. but I stopped watching the episode when Donna died in that absurdly stupid way, Connor could easily caught the Tower with the electricity and been fine or you know if Donna really has to be the one to catch it she could just redirected where it was going to fall instead of holding on to it for a solid 10 seconds and then falling back on to it. It was just a ridiculously stupid way to kill off a character for dramatic effect especially since we haven’t really seen Donna do anything interesting this season. I’m glad we got Jericho back and the Titans are expanding but this really does rub me the wrong way especially for a finale.

2 Likes