TITANS Season 2 Episode 4 - "Aqualad" Reactions: 🚨Spoiler Zone!🚨

I’m optimistic that we will see Garth again (he has been so abused in the comics that no way they do it here too).
I wonder why Arthur was never referenced like Diana and Bruce?
Donna has easily become my favorite character on this show.
When Donna said to Dick that “we never say goodbye” this fanboy’s heart melted.

6 Likes

I like the show a lot but man it moves so slow sometimes. It’s like 50 minutes of talking then 5 minutes of action I feel like. Some scenes string a long for while. CW’s flash/arrow/supergirl are able to fight a bad guy the whole episode while mixing in small portions of the love interests/relationship conversions throughout and include the big bad in there some as well(mostly in the end), all within the 42 minutes. I know they are still finding their footing but hopefully we can start seeing all the classic Titan villians soon! Also can’t wait for Nightwing!

2 Likes

I was waiting for an Arthur Curry/King Orin name check too in this episode. Diana was referenced several times, so it was weird that Arthur/Orin wasn’t given that Garth had known and loved Donna for a decade. (Presumably, Dick also had known Garth for the same length of time because of the relationship among their mentors Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman).

2 Likes

I may be overly sensitive today, due to sombre personal stuff…

But, while this episode was predictable, I found myself sobbing asset the end. Like… Badly.

That’s good story telling.

2 Likes

Garth was way too good for a one off. Hope he returns somehow.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this episode and I think Donna Troy is going to be my favorite character. I did do some research since it’s been over 30 years since I read the books and I will say the narrative is already very different here. Raven and Trigon played a big part in his storyline and it’s clear they’re not going to meet in the show.

Also I think Tempest is currently alive in the comics, but he could have been dead and back several times in the past 30 years. So maybe we’ll get to see him again in the show.

Anyway, like a lot folks , I can be fussy about how my favorite comics shoe up on the screen, but I don’t care here. I loved the Titans back then because of the characters and how they related to each other and I love the way the show is doing just that! I can’t wait for next week’s episode.

Not a bad ep, but i could definitely see a lot of things being telegraphed a little too early. I think this season has lost a lot of the great edge the first season had. I really feel the tone shift (and I get it Robin is out of the darkness) with the past few episodes away from the first season. It’s closer in style to the CW shows (this is not a slight, I like most of those shows!) now than it was before, just with more swearing and violence. I prefer the way the first season felt, and they probably retooled it to appease the critics this season. It’s not a bad change, and I’m okay with it since now I understand what this show is trying to be. I’m hoping that DCU keeps shows as unique as they were in their first seasons… it’s why the fans were so into them in the first place! Still, I’m very happy I have a second season of Titans to watch! Please bring me more shows! This DC fan is very happy!

3 Likes

hats off to DP Brendan Steacy … lighting in this episode and Titans in general has been incredible, Titans Tower especially … that bedroom scene with Donna, the view of the bay, amazing

found it, the painting Donna and Jillian spend a moment in front of, possibly foreshadowing events later in the episode … ‘Achilles Lamenting the Death of Patroclus’ by Gavin Hamilton, ca. 1763 … ‘In Homer’s Iliad, it is only when Patroclus dies that Achilles overcame his anger at Agamemnon and seeks vengeance, incited by love for his slain comrade’.

hamilton.png

5 Likes

Every passing episode just makes me want more Donna Troy in my life.

I really enjoyed the addition of Aqualad, I was so excited when I saw him in the season 2 trailer. WAY too good for a in show death, cant wait to see what comes next

1 Like

Best episode so far of titans

1 Like

I really believe they need to reassess the run time of this show, the episodes they’d written feel like they need an extra 30 minutes and given that they do cut it down to an hour only, they all feel crammed and sort of rushed in some parts like they had this huge extravagant story to tell in mind originally but they had to edit like a third from the script just to fit it into the designated run time, I wish we could have all seen the unedited versions of the scripts, also, seriously, Episode 201 should have been the season one finale instead of season two opener, the second episode even picks up three months later like man cmon y’all really missed the mark on that one

2 Likes

Way to fuck him then kill him though lol

1 Like

Great episode. Well crafted. My only question is: What was Jericho doing in a record shop in broad daylight when they need to hide in an apartment with the drapes down? Was the apartment scene in current time?

2 Likes

Aqualad’s death was too predictable. The editing is wonky. Episode was a step back from last week. Also, not the show’s fault, but Garth and Gar? Even my kids were saying that was pretty stupid.

2 Likes

They killed Aqualad quick huh I was wondering why it wasn’t Calder

Best ep this season thus far. Might be this season’s Hawk and Dove. Losing Garth sucks but they’re probably just making room for Kaldur/Jackson anyhow and that prospect has me SUPER excited.

2 Likes

So are we gonna see nightwing in next episode

Just for the record, Kaldur isn’t as mainstream of a Titan as Garth.

6 Likes

If the series would have introduced Kaldur as Aqualad and killed him off like Garth the fandom would of went crazy some people would have dropped the series it would of sent a bad message the one person of color in the Original titans group who is also lgbt representative is killed off in the series. and then on top of that the series is teasing Jericho might have been killed off in the past and he is another lgbt representative and person of color.

2 Likes