TITANS Season 2 Episode 4 - "Aqualad" Reactions: šŸšØSpoiler Zone!šŸšØ

Behemoth.Ravenlord, that is indeed wrong but the Titans just lost one of their own, theyā€™re on a revenge path and those arenā€™t always clean ones. So Grayson going after a kid is definitely dark but understandable.

1 Like

Iā€™m very disappointed that this isnā€™t about the Earth-1 Teen Titans. What Earth is this supposed to be?

I agree with @mattstiuso I love how there bringing light to some of the other Titans weā€™re not to familiar with and expanding beyond what we already know about them. Donna and Garth were so cute together, I just wish she embraced her feelings before he died. But I guess as comic fans this is the reality we all have to accept, if theres pure genuine love expect it to be ripped away. Which brings me to my next point, WTH DAWN! Sheā€™s a ā€œsuperā€ homie hopper, and Iā€™m feeling like Dick was completely right when he said she just needs someone to fill the void.

And speaking of Dick, Iā€™m thinking he used Jericho as bate for Slade and in the process Jericho became a casualty. When Deathstroke finds out Rose is with the Titans heā€™s going to use that to manipulates her into joining him against the Titans to become Ravager. So if this is the way the season is going then ā€œJustice not Vencenceā€ would have been the right motto to adopt. Cause at the end of the day use it the kid didnā€™t help to bring Slade down, itā€™ll only brought on another formidable enemy.

5 Likes

Youā€™re assuming Rose isnā€™t an enemy, I for one donā€™t trust Rose as far as I can throw her and I think itā€™s sloppy that Grayson trusts her this much, heā€™s not a rookie in this game.

3 Likes

@zulmara5.38205

I donā€™t think itā€™s sloppy, its deliberate. Dick is doing it because whatever we are going to see with him and Jericho this thing with Rose is him trying to redeem himself. The old team already expressed anger about it.

2 Likes

Heā€™s still trusting someone who is Deathstrokeā€™s daughter, with Jericho it mustā€™ve been simpler, he was a civilian, Rose obviously isnā€™t, sheā€™s highly trained which makes the danger all the more present. Also, he brought Rose in before he knew who she was, thatā€™s where it gets sloppy and a rookie move.

1 Like

Man_of_Stone -ā€œIā€™m very disappointed that this isnā€™t about the Earth-1 Teen Titans. What Earth is this supposed to be?ā€

This isnā€™t the comics and donā€™t know why you would expect such a direct adaption. Itā€™s a live action original story and an alternate universe just based on aspects from the mythology like anything else outside of comics

Itā€™s Earth- TV Land 5,000

2 Likes

Man, I love the 70s music choices . James brown payback. Rolling in at the end made this for me along with the bowie nods.

4 Likes

Im very satisfied with the episode. I believe its the best yet in the show. The pace of it was good and reminded me of other superhero shows and animated versions. It felt very much like it had a baddie of the week, super hero ā€œsuit upā€ sequences and character growth. Very Power Rangers which I love!
I would love to see the characters in their suits in the present a lot instead of their civilian outfits.
I definitely hope they bring Aqualad back in the present. He is my favorite character from the titans. (Can we talk about how great they displayed his powers? However, a bullet shouldnt have been able to kill him right? He has superstrength?)

Anyways, every chance I get to see an Atlantean live action gives me happiness.

Awesome episode! Keep up the pace!

8 Likes

I thought this episode got it right in terms of action and pathos. Conor Leslie is a true find as Donna Troy, and I loved that this was a Donna-centric episode despite its title.

I wondered about that bullet piercing an Atlanteanā€™s skin, but perhaps this was a special (probably even magical) bullet Slade used because it seemed the target was Donna or that random Amazon Jillian. It seemed to me based on Donnaā€™s statement to Dawn and Hank after returning that Garth just happened at the wrong place and at the wrong time because of Donnaā€™s impending to return to Themyscira (via a not-so-invisible plane!).

And Dick was completely using Jericho/Joey for intel on his father Batman-style (reminiscent almost of Bruceā€™s alter egos like Matches Malone). And recall that Rose said/believed Slade killed Jericho 4 years ago for ā€œfalling in with the wrong crowd.ā€

So far, itā€™s a great set up for the audience to see what led to the original Titans shutting down ripped Titans Tower 4 years ago.

Best episode in the series thus far, in my view.

8 Likes

Being Aqualad, shouldnā€™t his skin be impervious to bullets? Unless Deathstroke was using a special round.

4 Likes

This episode was great and Iā€™m loving this series more and more. I just wish episodes were longer than 43 minutes!

Anyway, theyā€™re really doing a great job of character development. This episode was clearly all about Garth and Donna, and yet I feel like I now also understand exactly why Dick is at the place he was in season one. ā€œBe Batmanā€ --> manipulates Jericho --> gets Jericho killed after Aqualad dies --> feels tremendous guilt for ā€œbeing Batmanā€. And, of course, I understand why Donna feels the way she does. Like others, I too hope we havenā€™t seen the last of Aqualad. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if there is, somehow, a resurrection of both Garth and Jericho toward the end of the season, to help counter Deathstroke and Ravager.

And I just love all the casual mentions of the rest of the universe and its history. This really feels like a ground level version of the DCU with characters who have close ties to the legends but are in many ways more relatable. Every episode this season has left me excited to see the next. Canā€™t wait til next Friday!

4 Likes

@TX85

Pretty sure this canon is situated in Earth-DCU.

Might just be my favorite episode of the entire series - the chemistry of the old school Titans was great. So young and sweet and innocent, before the bad things began to happen.

Of course, I may be kind of partial to Donna-centric episodes.

4 Likes

I think the Tempest version of Garth has healing abilities, so maybe when they sent his body back to Atlantis he was revived by the water, but it took 5 years to fully recover

6 Likes

I am loved this episode right up till the moment Slade shot Garth. I really hope they find a way to bring them back. I completely ship Garth and Donnaā€¦ Darth? Garnna?

1 Like

Wow! Just Wow.

1 Like

WOW! So that what happen to the Titans.

My review of the episode: https://youtu.be/tC_5uoN-riI

Iā€™m loving this season so far. It is unclear at the moment whether Garth died. I assume he did. Liked the chemistry between Donna and Garth as well as Donna and Dick. I like that with an Aqualad centric episode they did not forget that brother-sister thing between Dick and Donna. It seems like the Titans were vengeful based on what happens. They dragged an innocent Jericho to get to Slade which mustā€™ve been what got him killed leading to the animosity. I suppose thatā€™s what Dick referred to when he was talking to Donna last episode about how he ā€œmessed upā€. I also see what Dawn meant when she described Dick taking in Rose as ā€œpathologicalā€. He is trying to redeem himself. I really like how this is going. I wonder if Dick made Jericho a Titan and then got killed. That would probably explain Deathstrokes personal vendetta with Dick. They must have had a stalemate leading to a deal between Slade and Dick kind of like the Lazarus Contract. Canā€™t wait for next week

4 Likes

I just wanted to note a few things,

1.) Iā€™m not a huge fan of everyone on the team knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman. Thatā€™s suppose to be a big secret ya know? But I can deal.

2.) the way people were just being assassinated in the beginning had me paranoid the whole episode because there were so many momentā€™s when I felt like a bullet would go right through Garthā€™s head.

3.) Garth?!!?! My guy! You were so likeable! Handsome too! I really hope something in Atlantis brings him back to us. Way to good of a character to only get one episode. I really wanted him to become Tempest.

4.) Donna honestly becomes more likeable. Every. Single. Episode. Iā€™m in love with her.

5.) The ā€˜season oneā€™ flashback of Dick and Dawn hooking up. Iā€™m really happy it ended up not being just a hookup and her cheating on Hank. At least they were in a real relationship.

All around I havenā€™t seen any bad casting. I have seen a few obvious CGI flaws that could be improved easily. But I love this show!

11 Likes