TITANS, S2 Ep 9 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Iā€™m so bored with the same story when will they get together

2 Likes

Very interesting episode, even though I was a little thrown by the ending. Connor and Gar are ridiculously adorable together, and it was a laugh watching the super hero fan boy mentoring the boy who knows nothing about anyone whatsoever.

Starfire dealing with Blackfire was very interesting. Iā€™m not sure how to feel about that character yet, but I really hope a third season can flesh out that dynamic because the episodes that we have left have too much to do with concluding the Deathstroke arc and digging down into the Luthor subplot to give this brewing feud justice.

The Slade/Dick conversation was probably the best part of the entire episode. What I donā€™t get though is, what is the deal with Rose? How on earth does she connect to Slade and his family with Jericho and his mom? How did she even find out about him? Thatā€™s my biggest peeve at the moment. I hope that the next couple of episodes will address that, because that in my mind is the biggest plothole.

Altogether a great episode. Nice to see a bit of the fallout, and it was wonderful to finally get a Gar-centric episode. I hope that they do more with his character, because Gar is the coolest!

2 Likes

One thing that bugs me is how long itā€™s taking to put the team together. They had the first season for that, but it continues into season 2. Too many Titans and way too much drama. The 2003 cartoon show had the right idea. It dispensed with backstories for the most part, and just went straight into the adventures. We all know who the Titans are. We could learn on the fly how they are different from ā€œcanonā€ just as we did in the old show, without all the hours expended on flashbacks.

Or take Young Justice, after a few episodes in Season 1 everything was set and it went in the adventures. Weā€™re approaching the end of season 2 and to be honest the Titans havenā€™t done much of anything thatā€™s heroic, except Raven defeating Trigon

5 Likes

I loved this episode. The character development was great. I loved the Connor and Gar scenes and no, Gar canā€™t demonstrate his skills in public because heā€™d ruin his clothes. Too bad Connor didnā€™t get it about the cops. I agree that Ellisā€™ sister has the making of a great super villain and Iā€™m much more afraid of what she would do to Dawn than what Blackfire would do to Kori- not that what happened to Faddeh wasnā€™t horrible. Blackfire just seems petty compared to Ellisā€™ sister.

I bet everyoneā€™s right that Jericho is inhabiting Slade. I think when he lived in Slade in the comics it was more of a Symbiosis than when Jericho used to take over people entirely. It must be Sladeā€™s training and chemical makeup that keeps him more himself. I really donā€™t trust Mrs. Wilson. She appears to know about this, but I guess having to live with my ex because heā€™s been melded with my kid would make me a little resentful and wary, too.

3 Likes

This season is dragging too much just like it was last season. Also, Iā€™m tired of the Titans so easily killing at the drop of a hat like with ā€œStarfireā€ (should be called Earthfire since there is nothing alien about her) killing her lover while heā€™s under her sisterā€™s control. And that is not counting my criticisms from the other post I commented on.

3 Likes

Just wow. The titans broke up again, when are they not gonna breakup.:roll_eyes: I hope the next episode is good, I hope they bring something good to table. Cause im losing faith in this show.

#bringnightwingssuitalready

3 Likes

Okay, I finally figured out the Spoiler Tags. (Thanks, @Kelex!)

So this is a pretty HUGE Spoiler, affecting the rest of the season, so beware!

Last chance ā€¦

When Dick confronts Deathstroke at Adelineā€™s house, and Slade spins around to face him, watch Sladeā€™s hands. He signs ā€˜helpā€™ in American Sign Language. Iā€™m now 100% convinced that Jericho has been living in his fatherā€™s body for years.

Yeah, I know! So subtle, but itā€™s such a perfect little detail/hint/Easter Egg.

11 Likes

I completely agree. Whereā€™s all the Titan action like season 1? Why is it getting so gloomy and dark and everyone has a hit on their head by someone or another! The teamā€™s comradery and ass kicking skills?
Iā€™m thinking the animated version had more passion and thrill!

4 Likes

I totally agree. I had all but forgotten the fact that Gar, Rach and Connor were a thing. To be honest, I may have enjoyed the last few episodes showing the old Titans. Iā€™d be down for that show lol

This season has a lot of good aspects, but if youā€™re going to use so many flash backs, zap back to present day to keep the viewer engaged with ALL characters.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to preface this by saying Titans is by far my favorite TV show rn. But this episode really had me feeling down, there was way too much going on at once, and at the same time too little with each individual character. I feel like if I were able to binge the series this would be a great set-up for next episode, but itā€™s left me feeling so unsatisfied and worried for the rest of the seasonā€¦ Everything is taking so long to happen, I just want to see the Titans be a team /: i wouldā€™ve thought they wouldā€™ve become a team in season 1, but here we are nearing the end of season 2 and theyā€™ve already all split up AGAIN. I will remain very hopeful for the rest of the season, but this week Iā€™m very dissapointed /:

2 Likes

Same. Personally I left mixed on Season 1 but with Season 2 itā€™s been a lot better imo. With the exception of the premiere and now this episode I thought every other episode has been good/great. The editing, cutting back and fourth between everyone and not cutting back like with Rachel, random stuff happening, certain things not making any sense was all a huge step back for the show but hopefully next episode is better. Iā€™m usually against spin-offā€™s but with this show it seems too difficult for them to balance their characters so having a spin-off would help with that.

2 Likes

He attacked security because that was the best way that he could isolate himself from the titans to ensure their safety from deathstroke.

2 Likes

Stolen drug money which is in season one their last big outing as heroes they stole.

2 Likes

OH- youā€™re right. I was just re-watching some of the Hank & Dawn episodes since other sites I was asking no one had a good answer to it. I completely forgot about that line Dawn said to Dick in episode 2 of Season 1. Edit: Yup, just watched the rest where they got the big bag of $$$ lol

I hate that I have to wait until Friday for the next episode. It always seems to end on a cliffhanger. Iā€™m wondering whatā€™s going to happen with Superboy now that he is a fugitive.

1 Like

Did anyone else notice that Jericho being alive is the reason Dick stayed alive? Because in reality Deathstroke wouldā€™ve killed him if Jericho didnā€™t walk away right then and there as his dad

3 Likes

I am questioning whether or not they are using Jericho. Some of the things the characters do makes sense like Dick beating up the cops to be isolated from the rest of the Titans so they are safe from Deathstroke. However, some characters are doing unreasonable things like Hank breaking up with Dawn and Raven just taking off by herself.

2 Likes

Loved this episode cant wait for next weeks episode I hope season 3 is being worked on now

5 Likes

Still enjoy the show, but the budget limitations are starting to become hard to ignore. Thatā€™s why so much of the plot involves people standing around talking to each other. And Beast Boy is as limited as I suspected he would be when they first announced the show.

4 Likes

I enjoyed Dick in this episode. I hope after this path of redemption he will be ready to don the name nightwing. The team has broken up yet again. People are going to lose interest if they never get a Titans team fully costumed. Almost the end of season 2 and we have never seen them suited up outside of the flashback of the old Titans. This isnā€™t smallville so get on with it. I love what Raven said to Donna but the way she exited was confusing and not done well. Hank and Dove was on the verge all season to breaking up so glad that happen finally. Not sure what the plan is with Connor but it makes sense how Gar reacted. He needs a leader and guidance. Hopefully he starts using his powers because they are dragging it out. Not sure what will happen with Starfire in the future but not enough episodes for everyone to be doing solo things.

2 Likes