TITANS, S2 Ep 9 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Why did Bruce put himself in prison (or at least beat up two cops and put his hands behind his back

Slade: ā€œIf you put the Titans back together, Iā€™ll kill you all.ā€ Dick: ā€œDeja Vu all over again!ā€ I thought this was the weakest episode of both seasons. Dick may be able to get away with jumping a couple of security guards but Superboy incinerating a police car with the officer in it will no doubt impede his super-hero career. That scene felt very forced and over the top. The team breaking up is getting redundant. I didnā€™t like the way Hank hauled off and sucker punched Dick. Iā€™ve been a big fan but after this episode, Iā€™m concerned about how theyā€™re going to tie this up.

8 Likes

Sorry, didnā€™t see this when I posted my threadā€¦

Itā€™s not easy being superhero vigilantes.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t mind Hank punching Dick. When he took the hit, I remembered him putting down Jason in a similar situation a few episodes ago and I just thought, ā€œhe took the hit on purpose.ā€ Like he wanted someone to punish him.

Like many others have said, this episode, for me, was the low point of the series. It wasnā€™t very engaging and for the first time since the series started I found myself becoming bored with it. All I want to see is Dick become Nightwing (which Iā€™m starting to wonder if that will even happen this season) and the Titans come together, fulling costumed, to take down Deathstroke. A similar feel to ā€œTogetherā€ from last season.

And this plot thread of everyone blaming Dick for Jericho ā€“ I loved when Raven shut Donna down, because sheā€™s right. Theyā€™re all acting holier than thou and they all played a part in it. Itā€™s a little clicheā€™. I just want the plot to pick up.

13 Likes

Honestly this was a disappointing episode. I really think they are trying to do too much. Why are there so many characters? None of the characters are able to develop properly. Every time I get pulled into a characters story I get pulled out and it gets very frustrating. I also think everyones reaction to Dick ā€œkillingā€ Jericho is dumb as hell. Every last one of them were just a guilty as he wasā€¦and by the way I donā€™t think what he did was that big of a deal. Deathstroke killed Jerhico not Dick. Dick was trying to get a killer off the streets and he did it in the best way he knew how. And Donna acting all high and mighty was just dumbā€¦dude you were an as ass to Garth, its not Dicks fault you realized you liked him until it was too late. She went on a vengeance spree dragged Dick along and then left him hanging. And Dawn told him to become Batman and then passes when he is overtaken by the darkness that they thrust him into. They seem like awful awful friends. Dick didnā€™t do this out of selfishness he did it because he loved the team and literally was asked to give up and his soul and become the cold calculating Batman. I really miss the character building of the first season, I loved the dynamics between Kori, Rachel, Gar, and Dick. I really wish we got to spend more time with Gar. I think hes the most real out of all of them, hes a sweetheart and knew Dick wasnt all to blame. Everyone else is straight throwing a pity party and now we have Dick going full on dumb and abandoning the only one who didnā€™t abandon him. All these characters have turned into serious asses! I could keep ranting but Iā€™ll shut up now.

11 Likes

When will we see Beast Boy turn into any type of animal? He may as well call himself Tiger Boy.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure why everyone is disliking this episode. I thought it was pretty solid. It was very well directed and Beast Boy (a character who rarely shows up for some reason) got to shine a lot. It does have some usual problems of the show though where it feels like it was meant to be binged as opposed to viewed weekly, because of stuff where there may be a scene that makes no sense and will next episode, but we are left feeling really confused for a week. Definitely a decent episode though and Iā€™m excited to see whatever is next.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been spoiled by HBOā€™s Watchmen. Its gonna tough for me to watch Titans now. Watchmen is just in another level of great television.

1 Like

I guess I canā€™t see the point in comparing themā€¦ or even comparing Flash to Supergirl

3 Likes

Less Starfire, please. She is a useless plot drag.

2 Likes

LOVED KORY, FADDEH & BLACKFIRE! CONNER BEATING DOWN THE POPO!
How Rachel turned on Danna 5 min after forcing her to take her inā€¦Wow thanks for that theory of Jericho. I too found it strange hes talking to Dick instead of trying to kill him. The fight between him, Dick & Kory wasnā€™t that long ago. WTH IS UP WITH THE ENDING? I thought he wanted to end up in jail to help Conner but the cops didnā€™t catch himā€¦?! How Gar just ran away :rofl:

2 Likes

This season is turning to ā– ā– ā– ā–  fast. A lot of unneccessary drama that ruins the whole experience.

5 Likes

I kind of want to go through the series and count just how many cops the heroes kill. I know Connor is child-like and all, but that whole scene just felt like a rehash of the two scenes where Kory and Jason each wreck a bunch of cops last season. I guess Iā€™m just kind of getting sick of how depressing the show always is. Thereā€™s constantly a secret and everyoneā€™s always mad at someone else. Itā€™s to the point that the majority of the show, Titans, has not featured an appearance from the team The Titans. Just flashbacks (which even in those the team stopped wearing their costumes) and like 3 or 4 outings.

5 Likes

I dont really like the show. I have been trying since season 1, season 1 wasnt as bad but season 2 I just cant I liked how they introduced super boy and how he caught jason. I actually thought it was going to be really good after that but every episode just feels like your getting nothing but the run around and everything is going to happen on the next episode then it doesnt then it builds up more anticipation then nothing and when you do get something really good a fight scene or anything itā€™s like 30 seconds long and I just feel like it could be so much better. I love dc movies and shows and I watch every episode of titans the day they come out hoping every time itā€™s going to get better but it still just feels like they are just trying to fill the episodes with so much irrelevant stuff just to fill up 48mins then lead up to a really good crazy awesome next episode then it turns out just like the one before it. A filler. Like the full episode just feels like a filler too me. Iā€™m really surprised so many people love it. It is not a very good superhero show and it most definitely is not the titans.

I cant be the only one who feels like this can I? lol

Also I love everything dc and I try so hard every episode to like it because I want to so bad lol so I hope you dont read this and think Iā€™m sitting here trying to hate on the show because Iā€™m really not I just know it could be a million times better than this in every way, I just wish it would happen.

P.S. pardon the spelling, wasnt paying attention I have wanted to say that for a long time but everytime I almost did I felt like everyone on here would totally disagree and and think I was just trying to hate on the show. I would really like to love the show and I keep waiting for it to happen and hoping for it but it hasnā€™t happened.

6 Likes

What sucks is I felt like they had a good trend going, until this episode.

4 Likes

I agree so much with everything you said, I was starting to thin I was the only one who felt like that lol thatā€™s why I havenā€™t said anything but you definitely said It a lot better than i did. Thank you for saying this, and next time dont stop ranting lol they need to knowā€¦

3 Likes

I felt like it made sense how Slade didnā€™t attack Dick on sight, even in the comics he has more self control than that. Heā€™s a mercenary, but big on honor and all, etc, I donā€™t think heā€™d disrespect his wife by starting a fight in their house where they have to relive their loss thanks to Dick bringing it up again. But she was right, people only apologize like that for themselves, he wanted to feel better but it did nothing for them. Though honestly, I was not expecting Slade to be sitting in that room, so the intensity of that confrontation was amazing. (The Jericho theory is awesome here because I noticed how hard Dick was trying to stare Slade down)

I donā€™t mind that Hank hit Dick either, I think he feels like he deserved it, and itā€™s the type of person Hank is. But everyone else up and leaving like that hurts my heart. Donā€™t they know that just lets Slade win if they break up? It really slows down the show tooā€¦ like for instance, now weā€™re gonna have to see where the Ellis thing plays out. (Hopefully, they realize that theyā€™re not the fault of his death, and understand Dickā€™s position wasnā€™t the fault of Jerichos, or Donnaā€™s wasnā€™t Garthā€™sā€¦). Because I think itā€™s incredibly stupid to blame him for that. Itā€™s not like he killed Jericho, Jericho legit jumped in front of him. Why not just say that? ā€œI was fighting Deathstroke and he jumped in front of me.ā€ That makes Jericho more of a saviour than it does Dick a killer, so I donā€™t understand this. We should be worrying more about Jason, because we donā€™t know where heā€™s going and Bruceā€™s condition was that he be there with them, so idk?

Why would Rachel go with Donna anyway? Even she looked surprised. I felt bad for poor Gar though, heā€™s really someone to protect, they had a place to belong, and you can tell it hurt to watch them fight. It doesnā€™t seem right for Dick to just be like ā€˜well, that didnā€™t work, guess Iā€™m going one way to Greenland.ā€™ Like? Conner attacking the cops was hilarious, though I agree that Beast Boy not using his powers a lot is becoming a noticeable distraction. I was excited for Blackfireā€™s entraceā€¦ I was hoping sheā€™d make a more dramatic one instead of through a hologramā€¦ and Iā€™m a bit confused why theyā€™d be talking to each other in our common tongue. I know for itā€™s our sake, but we know theyā€™re from a different planet with their own looks and languages. Also, can we chill with the dark, cold interior of the Titans Tower? Do they not have lights around there? Maybe less ofā€¦thatā€¦and moreā€¦ training the new kids? Like Gar said, they donā€™t have field experienceā€¦yet.

Alsoā€¦when do they even get their team names? Weā€™ve been calling them by theirs, Starfire, or Beast Boy, or Raven, but they still go by their names. They even call Koryā€™s sister Blackfire already, but she doesnā€™t go by ā€˜Starfireā€™ yet?

7 Likes

But I never said I didnā€™t like the episode. It was one of the weaker episodes Iā€™ll admit.

Shows being compared to another isnā€™t new. HBO and all other networks are trying to find the next GoT. If thatā€™s not a comparison, I donā€™t know what is.

Nope Iā€™m with you a hundred percent and agree with your above comment. I love DC and this show has so much potential its just killing me. Fingers crossed it gets betterā€¦I wish they at least gave us a preview of next weeks episode to see if its going to be a cohesive episode.

4 Likes