TITANS, S2 Ep 12 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

My money is on the idea that Deathstroke kills Jason to show Rose she canā€™t just back out of their arrangement. So Jason gets screwed over indirectly for opening himself up to someone finally

3 Likes

For a second, I thought they were gonna reveal the kid who stole Hankā€™s suit was Danny Chase.

3 Likes

The Bats had a guy for their suits the whole time? And here I thought Alfred made all of them? Great episode. Iā€™m excited to see Nightwing and canā€™t wait to see more of him (and everyone) in hopefully season three!

5 Likes

Right now Iā€™m picturing Alfred hand-knitting Christmas sweatshirts for the BatFamily

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve planted clues to make people think Donna dies, but it could certainly be misdirection. If anyone dies my money is on Jason

7 Likes

Just wanna say to the writers thank you for touching on the drug subject with hawk because Iā€™m battling with the same demon and seeing him moving forward with his battle gives me hope I can do the same too

10 Likes

you can do it!!!

2 Likes

Donna is not going to die. It would be full scale Amazonian war, and the JLA. Deathstroke would be dead inside of a week.

Jason, that is definitely a possibility.

2 Likes

Could be Jason, but right now Iā€™m thinking theyā€™ll kill off Rose. Sheā€™ll do something at the end to save them, so she dies as a true Titan in their eyes.

2 Likes

If they are really following in the Judas contract steps, replacing Rose for Terra.

Iā€™d rather see it be Jason and Grayson not hung up by guilt about his death.

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™m going to take vacation. Iā€™ll be back.ā€ Vacation runs out. No word. The department must have thought something had happened to him until he got arrested and broke out of prison. Lol Iā€™d like to see how the department reacted to that

3 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if when they have to fix him maybe with Rachelā€™s powers, that they also unlock his full powers so we get more than tiger Gar. Iā€™ve thought it must be a mental block that only allows him to transform into a tiger instead of his full abilities to transform into any animal. I can see how that would be expensive to produce so they may not or are waiting for the right moment.

3 Likes

She was the one who forced Dick go open up about Jericho after finding his records. That led to the truth being unveiled and the team breaking up. She acted surprised but she knew the truth the whole time from her dad. I think she did play them subtilely so no one suspected anything especially by how surprised she acted that Jerichoā€™s things were there and that they knew him when she hadnā€™t even met Jericho before he died.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m assuming daddy Bruce will swoop in and clean it all up as Batman does, but I really donā€™t know how theyā€™re planning on fixing this. Itā€™s weird to me how little care the Titans seem to have for their identities like I keep thinking that someone could definitely find out who they are- and Titans Tower is not secure! And I thought at first no one knew about the Titans but like this past episode with someone saying, ā€œHawk was my favorite Titanā€ or something along those lines, I was surprised the team was famous with the little care theyā€™ve seemed to give their secret identities.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed it! Check out my reaction! https://youtu.be/UCLlwA6iWAs

Thanks to @DC_Community, Iā€™ve been checking out the Deathstroke Rebirth series. I understand the decision to simplify the Deathstroke story for Titans, but itā€™s much more interesting in the comics, since Rose and Jericho grew up separately and with different mothers.

3 Likes

They did in Titans as well.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this episode! I have tons of thoughts on it. Iā€™ll start with what I didnā€™t like. Kory and Rachelā€™s dialogue felt really weak and weird. Maybe Iā€™m being unreasonable but just the way those two act, it feels like those characters just arenā€™t likeable to me. Even though Donna hasnā€™t been the best this season, I still love her, possibly because she is so controlled in her emotions, it doesnā€™t feel over the top. Iā€™m really sick of Dawn and the way they have her behave. She is beyond immature and obnoxious. She knows that Gar and Conner are in serious trouble and still refuses to let go and call Hank. One thing I felt a little off was Slade met Rose 3 years ago, which is 2 years after the Jericho stuff. In the beginning of season 2 Slade was basically in a cabin kind of in exile. That didnā€™t seem to quite add up. I will continue in another post all the stuff that I liked from this episode :slight_smile:

1 Like

We needed to see Rose do all this, we didnā€™t. Sladeā€™s coming back wouldā€™ve already caused this between the new and original Titans.

They needed to show the audience, play it subtlety for the characters, sure, but for the audience her being a plant was obvious but the reveal came too late. Not to mention that Rose hasnā€™t been that cool, she was just there.

1 Like

So there were quite a few things that I liked. Everything converging by the time the finale comes around was nice to see. Hankā€™s storyline was a little contrived but I liked that the kid helped Hank realise what the suit means and stands for. We are to understand that the old Titans did a lot of good. Dr. Light was just one bad guy they stopped. Everyone knew about the good work they did so it makes sense they would be symbols of justice etc. I found it funny that the kid squawked when Hank punched him. That was funny. I have liked the Jericho stuff a lot because we always got the signs right from episode 1 when Slade was wincing. One of the reasons I stand firmly by Titans is they do so much right thematically. For example, in episode 8, when Jericho walks through all the hideous stuff he sees, his voice isnā€™t coming out and the song name is ā€œFive Yearsā€ by David Bowie. If you read through the lyrics youā€™ll see that some lines are very relevant to Jerichoā€™s situation. Moreover, the ā€œSan Fransisco, 2014ā€ graphic comes up after that scene. The black and white scene between Slade and Jericho was so aesthetic, I loved it. Also loved the dialogue between them. Really well written shedding some light on Sladeā€™s motivation. Slade emotionally manipulating Rose for revenge was also pretty compelling. That training montage was brutal, the nails on the floor had dried blood on them, meaning he dropped her on them at some point. I donā€™t care for Jason and Rose being the catalyst for Rose to want out but Currans raw emotion was done well. I did find it off that she thought he was on the phone when he just walked out. Why would he call as opposed to walk back. But thatā€™s minor. Esai Morales stole the show as Deathstroke again. All the lies and manipulation for the sake of revenge - cold and I love it :grin:. I will continue in another post what I thought about the Dick Grayson stuff and some more light on why I feel Deathstroke made such a good nemesis for the Titans and especially Dick. I am absolutely loving how this feud is between them and I have loved how they have actually had soooo many scenes together. Titans has revisited and reinvented a rivalry that I personally hadnā€™t seen since Teen Titans (2003) and The Judas Contract in Rebirth. Will talk more about this

4 Likes