TITANS, S2 Ep 12 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Wow this was the best of the past 5 episodes every thing seems to be coming together a little more then half way decent, but season 3 really needs a Star Trek (N.G. DS9 Discovery) overhaul in team building and get away from the CW Melodrama for molodramaā€™s sake. Iā€™m not saying give up on them being damaged individuals and moderately dysfunctional family relationships but this series needs a lot of good team dynamics across both serial and episodic episodes.

And a few of DCā€™s C & D list Individual and team Joberā€™s to squash in episodic episodes would be is what this show and this team needā€™s next season in the lead up to season 3ā€™s new big bad

3 Likes

Man, seeing Hawkā€™s downfall was rough. Glad he is picking himself up. But next week is going to be all about Nightwing.

2 Likes

I glad Dick finally has the Nightwing suit and canā€™t wait to see him in it next episode. Though I am curious about if Jason will help to save Gar and Conner from Cadmus.

5 Likes

Iā€™m happy for the people who enjoyed this episode but for me it was yet another disappointment with multiple WTF? moments.

1. I canā€™t buy Rose suddenly deciding to go with her father (on her prom night no less!). She never knew Jericho apparently but recognized his David Bowie album? Why would she give up a nice life and family to help her father avenge Jerichoā€™s death? What exactly is she training with him for? Is she going to be an assassin once they get revenge on the Titans? Why let him gauge out her eye? Surely he could have roughed her up, even with her healing ability (which apparently doesnā€™t grow back eyes!). Slade is obviously struggling with Jerichoā€™s control at some points but then seems completely in control.

2. Iā€™m confused as to Mercyā€™s plans with Gar. It was bad enough when she let him kill that poor Cadmus employee but apparently sheā€™s not satisfied and lets him transform and kill yet another person in a coffee shop (where people know him!). So much for stealth. I donā€™t like that Conner is being subject to ā€œbrain salad surgeryā€ also, when we just saw him escape.

3. What happened to Koryā€™s powers and why wouldnā€™t she tell them. They obviously will need her when they face Deathstroke.

4. Where is Krypto?!!

5 Likes

Overall, extremely happy with this episode. I donā€™t like what Mercy is doing to Gar, but I think thatā€™s the point. Gar is showing remorse for actions he canā€™t control. Dick getting a new suit was simultaneously hilarious and awesome. I feel this episode has been the best way for Hank to put a mirror up to himself and realize that change is needed. Definitely a good way to hype up the finale. The season started off mild, ramped up in quality with Jerichoā€™s story, kind of lost itā€™s way with everything else, and is now finally wrapping up in a great way. Iā€™m only hoping that the final episode can deliver on my expectations. Still, overall this season has been leagues better than the first.

4 Likes

I enjoyed this episode although I do have questions about the plan for Gar. I agree they wont be able to use him as a sleeper agent now that Donna and Dawn know he was tampered with. Cant wait to see Dick in his new costume!

1 Like

That was one heck of an episode! I was happy to see Jericho back on screen and messing with Slade, hopefully Dick can come through with bringing him back. The new suit tease got me way hyped (especially loved the blue lighting on his grinning face). The Titans need to pull it together because Gar, Connor and Krypto need some serious saving. Next weeks reveal is going to be amazing and this finale is going to be epic. Canā€™t wait for next week but also donā€™t want it to end :disappointed:

3 Likes

Roseā€™s character development here was good and we finally got Ravager but Hank/Hawkā€™s subplotā€¦not so much

2 Likes

Roseā€™s backstory was needed but it was too late and made little sense. We didnā€™t even see her turn the Titans against each other, we didnā€™t see her put the stuff in the rooms. There were literally no hints, so it didnā€™t work as a massive reveal.

I thought in the comics, Donnaā€™s Lasso was the Lasso of Persuasion, not the Lasso of Truth like Diana? Did they change it?

2 Likes

THAT WAS AWESOME! I liked the whole thing but when Dick went into the shoe store I was already excited. But when he was being told about the suit I was going crazy. I AM SOOO HYPED to see the moment that Iā€™ve been waiting for since his staff broke in half while sparring. #NIGHTWING

2 Likes

Donna could fly in the comics. Letā€™s face it, canon takes a back seat in Titans.

3 Likes

With full honesty, I would love this season if it didnā€™t feel like more of the same from the first season. Cadmus is making Gar edgy, like why? We donā€™t need that, itā€™s awful distracting. The story of Dick going to prison was alright, but the story of Jason and Rose really shines through because theyā€™re underdeveloped. Conner is my favorite character other than Rachel and there is so little of him you almost forget he was in this season. If it wasnā€™t retreading what the first season has already done I wouldnā€™t mind. But honestly, who asked for Gar to be brainwashed so he could have PTSD in the third season and never transform then we have more drama. In the midst of all the edgy damaged characters Conner and Gar were a treat, but I can already feel them becoming terrible edgy shadows of what they used to be.

1 Like

The past two episodes went from strength to strength. Loving how the characters are growing into roles. Favorite growth was SF, Raven, and Dick. Gar and Hawk did great tortured. Donna and Dawn were good, but their relationship/pairing didnā€™t quite pop, but I think that didnā€™t hurt the story. Donna clearly wants the whole team together and Dawn doesnā€™t want to see Hawk, so that creates awkwardness

2 Likes

People can say what they want about Slade, but I think itā€™s sweet that he takes care of his children. (Aside from the wholeā€¦psycho/mercenary thing, if it wasnā€™t for that heā€™d be a great dad) They may be his only weakness. Paying for Garyā€™s golf membership? Priceless. He goes out of his way to protect Jericho, but his pin numbers are his kidsā€™s birthdays. (Sorry Slade, that is such an old man move.)

Also, I bet Hank felt like a real jerk when the guy who ā€œstoleā€ his suit ended up being a better guy than heā€™d been, by saying he didnā€™t even have to pay him back because it meant so much to have it for a night. That hit me right in the heart.

I donā€™t really see Cadmus as big of a threat as Deathstroke, so itā€™s a little distracting trying to make them ā€˜do things.ā€™ I get that theyā€™re setting it up to be Titans vs Titans (With Gar and Rose at least on the opposite side). Theyā€™ll probably talk them out of it, and itā€™ll be everyone against Cadmus, and Dick vs Slade for a chance to hype Nightwing. And I mean, thatā€™s cool with me, thereā€™s just no point in making Cadmus screw with Gar so much if they just wanted to add them to numbers for a bigger fight at the end. (It canā€™t be everyone vs Deathstroke, thatā€™s too much lol I get it)

3 Likes

Overall one of my top episodes of the Seasonā€‹:+1:t4:

-The Rose storyline does seem a little rushed if only because she hasnā€™t had much screen time to this point for the audience to get familiar with.
-Iā€™ve been big on Hawk and Dove since S1E2, and this episode definitely answered Hankā€™s ā€œLetā€™s see if the worldā€™s less ****** place without Hawk and Dove.ā€ His spiral showed he needs her balance in his life.
-Dawn and Donna have great chemistry, watching 2 ā€œOGā€ Titans work together felt authentic.
-Ehhh on the Raven/Starfire storyline, didnā€™t really resonate on this episode.
-Gar just keeps taking it on the chin right now, his psyche is going to be a mess when itā€™s all said and done.
-Fantastic bit with the shoe store, again added some more depth and history to the universe and old Titans team.
-Jerichoā€™s forgiveness continues to prove Dick right when he said ā€œHe was too good for both of us.ā€ Seems like killing Jericho really ripped Slade at the core and now his morale judgement is even worse off than before.
-Dickā€™s new Nightwing confidence was great to see when he visited Jerichoā€™s mother. There was a huge difference between their first meeting and the one in this episode. He didnā€™t stutter or waste time apologizing. He was direct and straight to the point, and she rewarded that by giving him straight responses and almost a hint of encouragement. Looks like the weight is finally off his shoulders and heā€™s ready to get to work. I think his showdown with Deathstroke will be worth all the buildup (Bring on 13ā€‹:fire:)

7 Likes

Best thing in the DC Universe! Bringing all this together on episode 13, hard to believe. Must savor it before waiting a year for more!

6 Likes

1 Like

The line up of ā€œallā€ the Titans toward the end of the season finale promo - did I see it wrong or is Todd and Raven missing?

2 Likes

We are getting a season 3. So that should mean a full season of Nightwing.

1 Like

Makes me wonder, for all those folks that want Jadon to die (in the hopes of getting a red hood).

I wonder if Rose kills him or he sacrifices himself to save Rose from Slade.

1 Like