TITANS, S2 Ep 11 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Exactly, nothing makes any sense at all. Iā€™m at work watching this between calls hoping the phone will ring and save me from this show.

1 Like

The best explanation for all of the magical oddities in this episode, including Bruce in the diner, is that they were all caused by Rachelā€™s subconscious as foreshadowed in the Tarot scene (the Moon card, saying her subconscious and the world of dreams would show the path). How to explain Bruce with magical powers? Occamā€™s Razor: it wasnā€™t Bruce but a mystical projection from Rachelā€™s mind drawing from other bits and fragments supplied by the thoughts of other Titans (the jelly donuts). It may have even been her contact with Dickā€™s mind that led to his latest round of conversations with Bruce.

3 Likes

@rdoliver30 Thatā€™s a cool/crazy theory but I honestly donā€™t think the writers are that deep with this series to concoct something mind-bending as that. It wouldnā€™t explain why that specific Diner though (one that sheā€™s not familiar at all with), Rachel has the phone numbers for everyone that gathered there too so itā€™d be such a round about way for the writers to gather them like that and make the whole episode even more convoluted with having both Dickā€™s conscious in the form of Bruce and then another Bruce projected from Rachelā€™s mind. Iā€™d probably dislike this episode more if that were the case tbh. It just over complicates things.

The more I think about it, the more idiotic Bruceā€™s method of communicating his ā€œmeeting invitationā€ seems. It could easily have been a trap but they all just waltzed right in to this mysterious diner no one ever heard of. Would have been funny if Bruce walked in and startled them and they all fried him.

1 Like

So, let me see if I can break this down for the people having a hard time connecting dots.

Jericho is, and has been, living inside Sladeā€™s body the entire season.

Jericho also has been projecting his consciousness into Dick in the form of a Bruce hallucination.

He doesnā€™t want the leader of the team hes trying to get revenge against, in prison, because that defeats the purpose.

So he reveals heā€™s alive and motivates Dick to reinvent himself into something deadlier.

A worthy adversary of Jericho/Deathstroke.

Bruce used radio waves as a delivery system for hypnotic suggestion targeted specifically at each Titan.

The reason that Rachel had a dream of ELKO Diner is because those hypnotic suggestions had been firmly planted into her subconscious and manifested in her dreams.

Iā€™m a little more sold on the casting of Bruce Wayne, but heā€™s still just too damn old!

In the comics, Bruce is only 10 to 12 years older than Dick.
Meaning, if Dick is 26, Bruce is ONLY 36 to 38. NOT 48 to 58 lol.

Thatā€™s really the only issue I have with the showā€¦ that and they need to pick up the pace on their high level narrative by the end of this season or at least starting in season 3.

This slow burn of episodes 1 - 10 followed by a WTF explosion of content in the last couple episodes is annoying at BEST and only causing people to lose faith half way through each season.

My suggestion: have episodes 1 - 4 build up the storyline and have episodes 5 and 6 deliver a mid season plot advancement. (Kapow!)
Then have episodes 7 - 10 do the same building into a bigger season finale that ends with a bigger punch (KAPOW!) In the last few episodes.

The payoff will be better, fans will be more engaged and overall, the show will be easier to follow and more enjoyable to watch.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Same

Based on the tombstone in Rachelā€™s vision Dick is 29

2 Likes

@Grevin I honestly donā€™t see that in the episode. If he was using hypnotic suggestion to gather them together there wouldnā€™t be a need for him to turn Dawnā€™s engine light out forcing her to stop at the Diner if she felt the need to go there regardless due to hypnotic suggestion. Kory was going crazy since the beginning of the episode imagining going back to Tamaran and even the Psychiatrist dude broke down her whole mental state of being ā€˜risky & using him as an object for escapismā€™ (probably because she just killed her close friend and has no way of going back home after the ships blew up, basically stuck on Earth alone now) so her picking up and leaving just trying to find anything to fill the void (Donuts) seemed normal in her mental state. Bruce fabricating a call from Rachel to Donna telling her ā€œElkoā€™s Dinerā€ wouldnā€™t be considered hypnotic suggestion since Donna was looking for Rachel regardless and so sheā€™d go there. Bruce definitely used manipulation but I personally disagree there was any type of hypnotic suggestion through radio waves.

3 Likes

Gaaaahhh, I hate this so much. Iā€™m kind of at a sunk cost fallacy in that Iā€™ve put so much time and effort into wanting to like this show that I canā€™t just stop watching now. Iā€™m probably going to unsubscribe after the season is over. Harley Quinn does not interest me and I prefer physical comics, so if thereā€™s nothing left to watch, Iā€™m not sticking around.

3 Likes

@Grevin I still donā€™t see why heā€™d want revenge against Dick since he put himself in front of Sladeā€™s blade to protect Dick (not saying youā€™re wrong just nothing shown ā€˜so farā€™ of why heā€™d do this). Personally my theory is that since Slade underwent different experiments including one that led into Jericho having special powers that once Jericho entered Sladeā€™s body a part of Sladeā€™s ā€˜meta-geneā€™ or whatever triggered so he was able to use the powers of Jericho that were either dormant or didnā€™t activate when Slade had the experiments done on him. Maybe Slade is using Jericho-like powers for manipulation while Jericho genuinely wants Dick to help him. Like the scene in ā€œAtonementā€ when Dick met Slade (Jericho in Sladeā€™s body) formed the hand sign for ā€˜helpā€™ and Slade was struggling to keep control and not let Jericho speak which is why he was grunting so much. If Slade doesnā€™t have these Jericho like powers than maybe heā€™s just forcing Jericho to use his powers to manipulate the Titans. Feels like Rose being the mole is too basic and thereā€™s another twist with why the personal items were placed in each Titanā€™s room. (which Jason was blamed for)

1 Like

This episode has been the best out of this last half if the season.

Iā€™m glad they confirmed that Rose has been her dadā€™s plant all this time, even if it came out of nowhere. There werenā€™t any hints at all, she was barely in the show, but it is what it is. Now sheā€™s out, which the team better find out.

Iā€™m glad the focus has returned to Rachel and Graysonā€™s father-daughter relationship!

3 Likes

Slow, boring, and a little confusing. Iā€™m sorry DC, I love you but I have to be honest , not loving this seasonā€‹:-1:t3:

3 Likes

I enjoyed the episode! Poor Kory, sheā€™s going thru her own transition, but with again like no support, sheā€™s just trying to handle it on her own. Iā€™m excited to see her in the next season!
Although I hate that it seems like it took so long for Donna to figure out her own course of action. I can kinda see that feeling that she and Dawn had, so seeing that is frustrating, but itā€™s probably meant to feel that way. Interpersonal relationships are messy and Bruce said it, it takes more to feel the wallop and come back. But I also thought it was hilarious and actually kinda in character for Bruce to drop info and then walk, like no finish it please. But I like how he is firmly a supporting character. And Gar is set-up! :pleading_face::pleading_face: that will play on his insecurities too!
Jason and Rose were cute :blush: neither of them good at opening up, but I donā€™t think Rose expected to feel anything at all, and now itā€™s bugging her; glad to see her trying to separate from her dad (tho heā€™s got to feel like heā€™s lost 2 kids to the titans). And good to see Jason trying to open up. Adds more dimension to his character than is generally portrayed. Altho there is definitely a storm aā€™cominā€™ ā€¦
I just really liked this episode!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::smile::smile:

3 Likes

Another weak episode. Just not feeling it anymore

2 Likes

I feel yaā€™. I keep wanting to like Titans, I left mixed (like 7/10) on Season 1 so wanted to give it another shot and was really enjoying Season 2 up until Episode 9. The writing qualityā€™s been going downward/inconsistent and I keep yelling (WHY!!>?!?! :sob:) but I know Iā€™ll sign back up for Season 3 only because I like seeing some of these characters I watched as a kid in live action.
:pray: I just hope they actually act like heroes in Season 3 :pray:
:crossed_fingers: Also no more Titans killing/wounding Cops/FBI/Innocent people in general :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

A mixed feelings episode to be sure. Poor Gar. He doesnā€™t deserve this. Heā€™s been the one person that trusts Dick and would do anything for him. Even though Kory is going through her own crap, she stayed to help. I fear for Rachel, I think Trigon is really pushing her limits. Dawn and Donna are being ridiculous, as is Hank. They are al at fault for what happened to Jericho, stop blaming Dick for it all. I was tickled pink to see Jason pull Rose away from her father, WTG. Bruce is a good mental foil for Dick. But, Bruce is doing a horrible job of keeping his identity secret.

Now, onto DIck. I get the fact that he feels he needs to atone for the past, but as I said above, the rest of the Titans also shoulder the blame for Jericho. The Grayson storyline is going on too long. He should have been Nightwing three episodes ago, This would have led to a great lead in to the big battle with Deathstroke. Anyway, thatā€™s my two cwnts. :batman_hv_3:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Cut down the cast/team. The showrunners/writers are hurting themselves by having to work with so many character arcs. So many things went on that wasnā€™t necessary.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s with the weird spelling of this weekā€™s episode title? What am I missing?

Iā€™m not convinced that was really Bruce Wayne in the diner. Sure he could have arranged those messages that brought them to the diner. But how would he have known that donuts would work to get Kory there? And where did that platter of donuts come from just before he left? I think something else was going on there.

1 Like