TITANS, S2 Ep 11 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

In my opinion, this episode was really good. I understand where some people are coming from saying that it doesnā€™t make sense with Rachel knowing where to meet from her dreams, but I think maybe even Bruce didnā€™t know sheā€™d be there. And I think the whole thing with having Gar kill the nurse is to train him to want to kill the Titans. I believe this show is really good, and it sucks that so many people donā€™t like it. I do think it needs work, like, a lot, but itā€™s a good show regardless. I think that this could be leading up to a better season next season with everyoneā€™s input.

4 Likes

Now heā€™s a sleeper agent who will try to kill Rachel when he hears that music. Cadmus will probably release him and he wonā€™t even remember being there. Of course, unlike Mercyā€™s sacrificial lamb in the lab, Rachel is more powerful than Gar and might end up killing him to defend herself.

4 Likes

So working for Cadmus includes the risk of being ripped to shreds by a tiger while your boss watches with an evil grin? Iā€™m sure that woman had friends, family, and co-workers who loved her. How does Cadmus explain her death to them? Mercy commented about ā€œwho we work forā€ in an earlier episode, explaining that Conner should be put down because he had Luthorā€™s DNA. Seems sheā€™s at least as bad. Regarding the Titans beating up cops and prison guards - those guys looked seriously injured and all they did wrong was get in the Titansā€™ way (granted Conner was "confusedā€™). Have you ever been severely beaten up? You donā€™t just get up and go take an aspirin. I find these characters very unlikable and itā€™s hard to get emotionally invested in them.

4 Likes

I get that the Titans are supposed to be heroes, but almost any action show has the lead beating up members of law enforcement at some point. Hopefully they will move beyond this convention at some point.

3 Likes

DC releases Teen Titans
Me: Woooow, this is the best.

DC releases Teen Titans Go:
Me: Eh, I liked it better when it was more serious.

DC: Rightā€¦ Here you goā€¦
DC Releases Titans: Everyone is moody af and murders and beats people up brutally
Me:
giphy-6

13 Likes

Makes me think I might as well be watching Watchmen instead of Titans

5 Likes

A lot going on in this episode, I enjoyed it. We learned that Rose has been working for her dad and that she was the one responsible for turning all the Titans against one another in Titans Tower when they blamed Jason. She obviously has led him on but now since Jason is opening up to her she has second thoughts and tells daddy Deathstroke she can no longer do it.
Gar, getting brain surgery was freakinā€™ horrible. Mercy, is truly an awful human. When she controls Gar and he rips the woman inside with him to pieces, ah the horror! I love Ian Glenn as Bruce/Batman. I wish we could have seen him in the cape and cowl when Dick and him sparred. It was nice to see more of the ladies and them coming together. Really cool showing how connected and powerful Bruce is in bringing the Titans together. Also we found out Jericho is indeed alive and living in Slade. Great episode!

4 Likes

This episode reminds me of that quote in Michael Keatonā€™s Batmanā€¦ ā€œYou wanna get nuts? Come on! Letā€™s get nuts!ā€ Ha ha ha. I also wondered why last episode Slade paused for a moment when talking to Dick. Glad the answer I thought was provided in this episode. Definitely donā€™t know how itā€™s going to turn out in the last couple of episodes, but certainly looking forward to seeing how it does! :thinking: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The trama was Real @scoop001 i canā€™t look at statues the same since that episode, and that season.

1 Like

Right, Manchurian Candidate style! Hopefully Rachel will use her empath power and figure it out! It seemed like Kory was helping Rachel with her powers during the prison break too. Interested to see what Mercy has done to Conner! :grimacing:

1 Like

OK, this episode, I felt really good vibes from it, the fight between Bruce and Dick, the relationship between Rose and Jason, bringing her to betray her fathers plans. the almost comedic appearance of Bruce Wayne in reality, like dude is so old, how he still fighting crime? and he just walked all over them then bounced, like lmao. anyway, with season 3 confirmed i feel really good about the future of this show.

PS. i really hope cyborg comes to the rescue of Beasty, iā€™m ready to see their friendship in a live action setting.

2 Likes

I kinda wonder now if theyā€™ll continue Rachelā€™s plot line with the kids. Last episode they mentioned they could use her help but we havenā€™t heard what help they could use her for. Although now that sheā€™s with Kory their priority is Dick soā€¦

Ok so when did this Bruce or any other Bruce Wayne? across the DC multiverse stop being Batman and become the Dream of the Endless or the new Phantom Stranger instead? I know DC & the more rabid fan base likes to toy with the Bruce is the omnipotent Bat-God with ridiculous prep time but is some really bad fan-fic that would not fly in a Michael Baye, Roland Emric, Wachowski Siblings or Ule Bowle movies. And Iā€™m not trying to troll or defecate on this series or this episodes Writer but most of this episode aside from Rose & Jayson, Mercyā€™s brainwashing of Garr, and Dickā€™s fever dream/ figuring it out what most of us suspected or knew from the beginning Jericho possed Slade at death and has been sharing his body for the last 5 years did not work as a means to bring the ladies together to hal the team

I really liked this season early on and thought it was an improvement over season 1 but this past few episodes have been losing me. Itā€™s all over the place and the pace is too slow. Add me to the list of people that didnā€™t understand the Bruce diner thing.

I know some people donā€™t like the more formulaic nature of the Arrowverse shows but Iā€™d kinda like to see more of the Titans just being the Titans and less of this scattered thing they do. Doesnā€™t necessarily have to be a villain of the week format, just more super heroing in general would be nice.

6 Likes

ā€œIt was an unfortunate accident. Please sign here resolving us of any liability and you (her survivors) will get a payoff. Donā€™t sign and you can go up against our army of lawyers.ā€

2 Likes

If youā€™re a fan on the Wolfman/Perez era comics, the Geoff Johns era comics or the Glen Murakami animated show, you watch this show hoping for the best, only to be repeatedly disappointed. Titans has its moments, but itā€™s really hard to relate to or like the characters as they are so dysfunctional and non heroic. I still donā€™t understand why any of them wants to be a Titan.

4 Likes

@Chad22 I feel the exact same.

@Chad22 Even though I got tired of the Arrowverse format maybe if Titans had some similar/established locations rather than having all these characters spreading around in different cities and stuff maybe it would save them budget to have more effects (ex: Gar turn into stuff). IDK. At the same time it must be hard to handle this many characters which is why I think Doom Patrol is so good since they only have to handle a few core members and they all get fleshed out. No one feels pushed to the side like Rachel and Gar have for a majority of this season.

2 Likes

Weird episode. High points for sure, but low points also. I like that this explains previous plot points, such as how Slade was able to put personal messages for each Titan, but I also donā€™t like the implication that Bruce Wayne used such roundabout and odd ways of gathering the girls. The Bruce Wayne hallucinations are okay, but I hope they can move past it, otherwise this is just a cheap way of putting Batman in without actually having him there. Ravenā€™s plot from the previous episode is also pretty much just dropped completely here. Makes me wish they could either not start unnecessary plots or commit to them, otherwise it feels messy. Donna not even talking to Raven about the mangled body she found, which she correctly assumes was caused by her, was also another plot that should have either been addressed or never made in the first place.

6 Likes

In truth, this episode was very hit or miss to me. Iā€™m still not completely on board with how Bruce Wayne is being portrayed, but I did like seeing him show up as more than just a useless phantom to mess with Dickā€™s head. The way that he got all of the Titans to that diner was a little odd, and quite frankly, I feel like thereā€™s a lot more to it than just, ā€œBruce Wayne wanted to mansplain why the Titans should get back togetherā€.

In any case, Iā€™m glad that the plot is moving, but Iā€™m still cautious about where the plot is going. A lot of other folks have commented on how the episode lacked direction, and honestly, I have to agree. Even so, I feel like I could make out some semblance of plot. Not enough to make me any more enthusiastic about next episode, but enough that I can see that the team is definitely coming back together. At this rate, Iā€™d bet that the next episode is going to have Donna and Dawn bust into Cadmus, Gar leaves with them as a sleeper agent, Jason and Rose will head back to Titans Tower, followed swiftly by Kory and Rachel, and just when it looks like almost 90% of the team is back together again, Deathstroke is going to swoop in, activate Gar, defeat everybody else, and then kidnap/torture Rose. Either kidnap her, or it turns out that Rose has also been a sleeper agent this whole time, which would make her little declaration to her father null and void on top of being an underwhelming reinterpretation of the Judas Contract storyline.

As far as individual plotlines go, itā€™s good to see Dick get out of his funk, even if it felt kinda forced. It was also really nice to dig a little more into Jasonā€™s backstory, but other than that, nothing really resonated with me. Of all the plot threads that are still dangling in the wind, Koryā€™s is probably the one thatā€™s disappointing me the most. Sheā€™s nowhere close to being the Kory we know from the comics, and itā€™s getting very tiring to see her prance around, apparently owning everything in the world.

Bottom line: Though the episode was an improvement from the last, itā€™s still a far cry away from being good. Characters donā€™t feel like theyā€™re growing, it feels more like theyā€™re spinning in circles, and it just so happened that this time around, they spun so fast that they bumped into each other by accident.

2 Likes

Pal, Iā€™m with you there! Itā€™s as if the first season of ā€œletā€™s get a team togetherā€ wasnā€™t enough, so they had to go through a whole other team building experience to finally get themselves together.

It makes me laugh to think that this season started with Jason going, ā€œTITANS ARE BACK, B****ES!ā€

8 Likes