TITANS, S2 Ep 11 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Another week, another ā€œTitansā€ episode to blow our minds! This weekā€™s episode saw the ladies of Titans take more of a center stage and we finally got some information on what Rose and Jason Todd have been up to. Bruce Wayne was once again ā€œhelpingā€ Dick figure out some MASSIVE revelations, but was also on hand to give some advice to the ladies in a random diner in the Nevada desert (before just leaving them there).

If you havenā€™t watched episode 11 yet, make sure you do then come back here and let us know what you thought!

10 Likes

In my opinion not only was this the worst episode of the series, it was the worst episode of ANY series Iā€™ve ever watched. I couldnā€™t wait for it to be over. Why wouldnā€™t Bruce just pick up the phone and contact the female Titans? How did he cause Rachel to have those nightmares/hallucinations? Why didnā€™t he contact Hank and Jason? How did he know theyā€™d all show up at the diner when they did? They were literally all over the place. The Bruce Wayne hallucination talking to Dick is getting old, especially Dick fighting someone who isnā€™t even there. Kory and Rachel just waltzing into a high security prison to break Dick out was not believable. Yes, they are powerful but they were just taking their sweet time. And of course more guards get beat up. And then Dick isnā€™t even there? Why did he leave the ā€œJericho Is Aliveā€ message? Did he know they were coming? So Dick decided to get locked up as ā€œpenanceā€ and now he wants out. Why did Bruce go to such elaborate extents to get SOMEBODY to break Dick out instead of just getting some lawyers and at least visiting Dick. Why did Mercy let Gar kill the woman who was just doing her job? Once she saw Gar transform, she had what she wanted. She could have let the woman out, instead of letting her die a horrific death. How does Dick propose to ā€œrescueā€ Jericho from Slade? So disappointing.

26 Likes

WOW! This was a SOLID episode chock full of amazing moments! Iā€™m still letting it marinate in my mind but 1st love Koryā€™s emotions messing with her abilities, Mama Kory/Rachel moments, Jason/Rose(was right about her!!), Dawn & Donna -still on that BS-but at least will help Gar/Conner/Krypto. THEN BRUCE!! I LOVE IAN AS BRUCE IN EVERY SCENE OF THIS EPI! Anyone else got Morpheus/Neo vibesā€¦?:sunglasses::sunglasses: Looking forward to the next 2 episodes, more DickKory & Season 3! Congrats & kudos cast and crew this has been my fave show since the debut!

13 Likes

Okay, so I get that Bruce used technology to gather the Titans at the Diner but what did that have to do with Rachelā€™s dream?? She saw a vision of the Diner when she grabbed Dickā€™s arm and thereā€™s no connection or explanation for why she saw that specifically. Bruce wasnā€™t part of that sequence so she didnā€™t sync with his mind. Rachelā€™s never seen or mention the Diner previously so it wasnā€™t her memory so thereā€™s no reason for that vision. That whole plot thread just confused me this episode. Did I miss a part where Bruce mentioned he could implant things into peopleā€™s mind or what? Iā€™m not seeing the connection.

11 Likes

All I know about this episode is that I kneed a jelly donut and the fight between Bruce and Dick was awesome

8 Likes

@keifer24.4535 Same. This ranks close to last out of all the episodes in the series for me. While Iā€™m now leaning a ā€˜little bitā€™ more into seeing Iain Glen as Batman after the fight scene the whole trope of using Bruceā€™s character so heavily as Mr.Exposition to guide everyone is weak story-telling imo. I liked earlier in the season when Dick called Bruce for advise but when it came to ā€˜Jerichoā€™ having Dickā€™s Bruce conscious walk him through step by step that ā€˜Jerichoā€™ is alive felt unfulfilling. Bruce trying to knock some sense into the other Titans makes them feel more incompetent like Daddy has to gather everyone into a room and tell them what they should do.

3 Likes

That WANKER is more an Alfred not BRUCE WAYNE!
Who did the casting!?

4 Likes

Soooo. Ill give it the next to episodes then Iā€™m out of this is what titans will be. The first season at least had direction.

5 Likes

Is it bad that I had Weeping Angel vibes from the statue when Rachel was at the cemetery?

5 Likes

I think this show needs to get over the damn Dick hallucination obsession.

It wasnā€™t great in ā€œAsylumā€
It sucked in the Season 1 finale
And its not great in season 2.

Also the Titans remain terrible people who literally belong in prison. Like Dick threw himself in prison. Everyone else is a murderer.

I dunno this show isnā€™t all bad but its close. At least Teen Titans Go is aware its a parody kiddy South Park and embraces it.

12 Likes

This show is severely lacking any sort of direction. Nothing so far has happened organically and things are just happening because ofā€¦plot :man_shrugging:. Itā€™s like the show is too focused on being ā€œdark and edgyā€ at the expense of everything else.

13 Likes

I agree. Itā€™s trying so hard to be serious to the point that itā€™s almost comical.

3 Likes

The Bruce Wayne hallucinations were Jericho. He left the message ā€œJericho is aliveā€ because Jericho is alive, and caused the Bruce Wayne hallucinations.

3 Likes

@SeanPatrick8501 ā€˜Ifā€™ the Bruce ā€˜hallucinationsā€™ are caused by Jericho why does he always have Bruce act like a dick to Dick if he wants Dick to help Jericho? The Bruce ā€˜hallucinationā€™ was taunting Dick about the whole Jason thing which isnā€™t the healthiest way to have Dick help Jericho either. I personally feel like itā€™s just Dickā€™s conscious in the form of Bruce like his younger self was a representation of his conscious in Season 1. Both exposing him for his faults or failures.

4 Likes

I am so done with this Bruce Wayne. Why didnā€™t he lift a finger to help Dick out if he knew what was happening to all of the Titans?

And the end times must be upon us because DC quoted ā€œWest Side Story.ā€ Was Rose channeling Tina Cohen-Chang from ā€œGlee?ā€

3 Likes

Allā€™s I know is this EP was od af

2 Likes

Bruce Wayne is so wrong in this show, it pisses off

2 Likes

E.L._.O. - was rad! First, does this version of Bruce have supernatural abilities? Naw, he has a couple of satellites in his pockets, thatā€™s how he gathered the ladies. Plus Rachelā€™s subconscious/powers might of helped them as well :thinking:. I get it now, why Bruce didnā€™t intervene in earlier episodes n why he just left the lady Titans. Heā€™s letting them grow up as a team/family! They got into some :poop: and heā€™s allowing them to get out of it and face the challenges on their own. Itā€™s what Bruce does. Dem fight scenes with him n Dick (I know it was all in his head)! Poor Gar!! Why him? Kid needs a break yaā€™ll. He just wants to be a Titan and Mercy is soo eeevil! The Rose n Jason scenes were great! I def shipā€™em. Some of yā€™all called it about Rose n Slade BUT sheā€™s done playing! Hope she makes it out of this season. And Jericho Is Alive!! Yā€™all are good on your theories, I was off. DCU how dare ya tease me with that promo still of Ravager!

9 Likes

Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne is simply amazing. He does a phenomenal job embodying Bruce on screen. I hope we continue to see him throughout the series. That battle with him and Dick was beautiful.

10 Likes

Because sheā€™s an evil, horrible person, even if sheā€™s a mom outside of work

4 Likes