Titans Episode 8 Reaction Thread: Spoilers Ahead!

Not movies.lol…Streaming Shows!!!

1 Like

“Be someone else, something else” hmmm wonder who that could be. Nightwing

10 Likes

I get the issues with the slow pace but a lot of stuff during that pace was actually nice.

I enjoyed the scenes between Rachel and her mom as well as just everything with Dick and Donna.

Gar is a great balanced comic relief and Kori was right in her paranoia

4 Likes

Shocked by the end when Kory regains her memory. Suspense is killing me!

8 Likes

At first I thought Rachel screamed because she was scared but then realized her demon side was probably going to take over as a defense reflex. So there could be a fight

4 Likes

Im excited to see ravens demon fighting abilities vs starfires true self now not only has she lesrned her true meanings but her abilities aswell

4 Likes

‘Where are the zombies? Where are the dragons?’ I remember this kind of whining all through the first season of Game of Thrones - and look at them now. So be patient, folks; there’s a lot of story left to tell.

This kind of slow play may drive us crazy sometimes, but - if the quality of the first eight episodes is any indication - the payoff will be worth it. Heck, I don’t even think we’ll see Trigon this season. He’s more of a season six big bad. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I agree with everyone saying that patience is needed. Even if that’s not one wants, especially when it comes to the superhero genre. Being the first season, I think the writers want to focus more on world building and basic character growth, as well as letting the characters get to know one another and build trust between each other. So yeah, we may not get flashy fights and badass villains this season, but I think that makes the show unique from others. In most other shows, the characters are already heroes in their own right and have had some kind of experience being such; here, we have a fourteen-year-old girl who is on the run and coming to a realization that she’s part demon. It would be just plain weird if she suddenly dawned a costume and started kicking random bad-guy butt when she knows very little about who she is or what she can do.

Let’s focus on building a team together, even if that means episodes where they’re just sitting and talking with no powers involved. Truth be told, those can be some of the best moments and most important in a team. Let the Titans figure out who they are and want to be before going off to save the world. Slow can be good. When it comes to the second season, then yeah, demand things heat up some. Give us better bad guys and stronger plot lines. But, I don’t know, I kind of respect the slow route the writers are taking right now.

8 Likes

Titans has easily become my favorite show on TV. Every single episode has been stellar, which is rare. Sometimes there are 1-2 eh, ones but not here.
I cannot compliment the writers, cast, and crew enough.
Who cares about the movies when this kind of storytelling is taking place.

5 Likes

I absolutely love this show and learning the origins of the Titans. DC has not made a whole lot of good movies but their TV shows are stellar.

3 Likes

Alright, they leave this episode with Starfire attacking Rachel, then next week’s preview is a hawk and dove orgin? WTF is up with that?

4 Likes

This has definitely become my favorite show to watch. Definitely gives me something to look forward to watching every Friday. I like the story telling and developing the characters they way they have been. Even Dick who everyone knows, has some good twists to his back story in this universe. Good job DC!

4 Likes

When it comes to movies DC is still playing catchup…but when it comes to animated movies DC has everyone beat hands down…and so far from what I’ve seen they are gong to do the sane thing with this TV series…i absolutely love this show…every episode has been great !!! Fantastic job DC !!! I hope this show runs for a long long time !!!

4 Likes

Titans has done it again. Edge of my seat the whole episode with anxiety until I fell off with that cliffhanger ending! The build and release has been a wonderful experience so far with Season One. So much depth, wonderful takes on these characters, and this is just the beginning. I crave Fridays like I use to crave my Saturday Morning Cartoons back in the day. Well done all around DC and all those involved in this series!!

7 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

Justice league exist this is so awesome

3 Likes

The most I took out of this episode is the justice league exist so that has to mean Superman batman exist on the Titans Universe

2 Likes

I am really Loving this series! The acting is very good and script is excellent.

2 Likes

Also loved how they included the part about her being a photographer, which is true to her comic character also. I believe one of the pictures in her display was of her one time boyfriend Terry. I’m sure we’ll find out in the Easter eggs if so.

2 Likes

I enjoyed this episode. I’m enjoy this series really. Glad they’ve introduced a character that I personally haven’t really followed.

1 Like