Titans Episode 8 Reaction Thread: Spoilers Ahead!

“Become something else”
Love the line very Arrow very Batman Begins

3 Likes

DC, I love the show, by the way. I am an aspiring author of a comic book novel and I would very much like to be part of this universe. How can I become part of your world?

1 Like

Donnas so cool. glad theres no cheesy romance stuff going on while things are still gritty and tense but I’m hoping Dick and Kory get a happy ending.

4 Likes

“I wonder what the penguins doing right now…” That line had me cracking up and excited to hear another classic villain mentioned… It was another great episode that I didn’t want to end. I loved all the name drops and Donna was amazing. I’d personally like to see more flashbacks of young Robin and Donna working together maybe even some more familiar faces. I say it every week I love this show, it’s so well done, great job Geoff Johns and everyone who’s involved. I hope this show goes on for many more seasons.

10 Likes

Greatest show out for DC. Thank you DC. You OWE us this!!! PLEASE ADD Cyborg

3 Likes

@truth_to_power Donna Troy isn’t tearing anyone down here. The whole “older, smarter, prettier” line isn’t said with any kind of malicious tone and she isn’t trying to make Dick feel bad. Their relationship is much like that of siblings. I don’t know if you have an older brother or sister, but this is very much how they act, with light teasing and bantering. And “castrating” Dick Grayson? No, honey, just no. And Donna does embody the Amazonian culture and values; she helping Dick discover who he is at heart and who he wants to be, she’s not holding him back but boosting him forward. And saying Donna can never be a leader? Well, that’s pretty hard to judge when we’ve only seen her in one episode and interact with two people (Dick and the poacher) and making the assumption she can’t just because she likes to tease Dick isn’t a valid reason.

16 Likes

I loved this episode! Conor Leslie’s portrayal of Donna was one I really enjoyed. I really liked the playful, friend / sibling(ish)-like dynamic she had with Dick, and I can’t wait to see her officially become a part of the team later on!

6 Likes

Best episode ever

2 Likes

I loved how they represented Donna Troy. In that she’s always been the voice of reason & the titan all other titans go to when they need advice or need to unload. Very accurate depiction of her from the comics. They do an excellent job of character building, & for everyone complaining about it being too dark, this was a perfect example of why it’s necessary sometimes. In this episode it showed how the team was affected by those decisions & all had to step away from it in their own way. Donna Troy was/is and will always be the matriarch of the Titans.

6 Likes

I look forward to seeing Donna interact with the rest of the team and hang out at whatever hideout they settle for

6 Likes

They sure know how to cast. I love the actress playing Donna! I hope she becomes a permanent fixture with the team since we will not get Impulse of Kid Flash​:pleading_face:. My problem with all of this, so far, is not s single person asked, “Who, EXACTLY, IS her father?” I mean, come on! It is the very first question everyone should be asking for a direct answer to! That is all…:innocent:

Show gets better and better

6 Likes

This was my favorite episode so far! Dick was hilarious. Donna Troy shined with an Amazonian light. There were Justice League and Penguin references. The cliffhanger was brutal, but ultimately Starfire is a hero, so I’m sure the story will work itself out. I will happily rewatch this episode several times.

4 Likes

Angela is not telling Rachel everything and I think it has to do with possible shame or guilt. Listen to the way she speaks of him. “He was a very charismatic man.” I don’t think she buys that, but I think she reassured herself with that. There’s so much more to this story through the small hints in dialogue and gestures. Also, we’ll see what Kory does now that she has her memories, and how seriously she takes being a wanted fugitive (cause amnesia!Kory surely didn’t). I loved Donna and Dick’s moments. I’m glad Dick was able to find some grounding. He was slowly getting there with Kory’s advice, but the amnesia made it that much harder for anything to stick. Donna was the final piece, hopefully. Gar! I loved his development! I’m glad he got to talk about his trauma, and I’m glad Kory was able to give him advice. I love that baby.

1 Like

LOVED this episode! I didn’t want it to end.

2 Likes

I love this show, but the last two eps dragged for me, the plot didn’t kick in until the end, and most of this episode was characters referencing a more interesting story but I’m watching characters bored on a train or awkward at a gallery. I really hope costumes, code names and backstories come next week.
PS 8 episodes in and I almost forget these characters have powers, I really wished they’d fly or teleport or change into other things.

This episode was great. The characters are developing nicely. I hope Cory…actually goes by the name of Starfire…in her non amnesia state.

I wish this show would pick up the pace, it is very tedious about the story telling. Not a big fan of the past two episodes.

1 Like

I wish they would stop playing the episode recap for the first few minutes of each episode. It’s such a time waster when we have access to all the past episodes.

2 Likes

I think Titans is one of the best Super Hero movies Today…It has a lot of good aspects and Easter egg planted hints of what is to come…very well written and acted and directed.I enjoy this series, to me being a DC Loyal Fan…It is Awesome!!! Cant wait for more Titans!!!

1 Like