Titans Episode 6: Thoughts and Reactions?

@bizzarosplace - I sort of half agree with your point re:swearing. I think it was VERY in character for Jason, as swearing for him is all part of his bravado & seems both true to his character & how a kid his age & disposition would act. I don’t mind if Dick does occasionally when he’s pushed to an extreme bc it shows you how upset he is.

That said, I think the show overall does tend to overuse the swearing a bit. Just bc you can do it, doesn’t mean you should & it doesn’t make you edgy. The show is already really good and doesn’t need it. It also has less impact when you use it too much. Just my .02 cents though

3 Likes

While I enjoyed the episode, I agree with some others that the f-bombs are excessive. It’s not grown up, it’s a sign of an insufficient vocabulary. Some of the scenes would have been just as strong with one f-bomb or none at all.

Gosh, the action is so on point! I rewatch Titans fight scenes all the time. I’ll probably watch Jason Todd wreck the cops once a day until the next episode.

1 Like

Fair points by all, for the record I was typing that message before the one in between me and tx85 appeared so I wasn’t ganging up. I just happened to agree with him and idk somebody was typing a reverse opinion until I hit send. To each his own.

One other thing: I’m not totally sure I like how much Batman is vilified in the show. All we have heard thus far sounds like he’s a complete psycho. But, I also get that this is Dick’s view of Bruce at this point & he’s working through some serious (and legit) Dad issues.
What would be awesome is if we ever get to see Bruce, to see them talk it out a bit and see there’s maybe two sides to the story. Showing Dick accept his “Dad’s” faults but still caring for him and appreciating him for what he is would be a very mature and at this point, unexpected development and a further part of Dick becoming his own man. But for all I know, this could be precisely what they’re building towards. Either way, the show has been good enough so far I’m excited to see wherever they go with it.

3 Likes

I don’t really notice the “excessive swearing” to be totally honest. I love the show and I feel like it’s only getting better!

2 Likes

Amazing!!!

2 Likes

There isn’t an impact whether someone curses or not. Cursing is part of a lot of people’s regular vocabulary in everyday life and it’s not about being edgy or questionable morals.

The cursing on the show has been fine given the situations. Perhaps it can be over used at times but it doesn’t actually ruin anything and like I said, it happens in comics too although just censored but you know what the character is trying to say and it also fits the situations.

Debating this after each episode is getting tiring and pointless

2 Likes

GREAT EPISODE i love how Dick is vilifying Batman. It really gives a deeper meaning into the mentor father figure.

Please more cussing its totally hilarious. And more robin Tod kicking Cop ass !!!

1 Like

My biggest concerns with the show is the push of dick’s anger towards batman. It’s not looking for bruce/bats without his side of the story.

In the comics, Dick left Batman’s side angered but still had respect for him and admitted that he still saw Bruce as a father and he grieved when Bruce was thought to be dead. He soon after got back on good terms and good standing with the bat family and even became Batman with Bruce’s son as his robin.

This Dick better make peace with Bruce when he becomes Nightwing!

2 Likes

Incredible episode. Arguably the best live-action DC anything since the Dark Knight movies, other than maybe Wonder Woman. If the show stays at this level, it’ll be iconic.

4 Likes

Hey (TX85) how do you change your profile avatar? Also, I get what you are saying, in regards to Dick. The show is starting in “an early phase” of all of their developments, so I can see over time Dick warming up to Bruce. For now he is angry. But the anger might be displaced onto Bruce. Dick is trying to find his own way in the world. Plus, Bruce is historically cold with the members of the Bat family (even though he absolutely cares for them). It can be hard for the members who desire Bruce’s approval, when he has developed an arms length/selfish persona. He recruits damaged individuals who look up to him, they need a lot of love and support… but he is rather cold in his caring. Bats teaches them to survive- not so much lovey family stuff. It’s not entirely militant but you get what I’m saying. It’s like going to the doctor from House instead of Patch Adams, the goal is the same but the approach is way different.

Combat is well done like how they show a clear difference of the to robin . How they practical built the entire character of Jason in one episode see like a solid ground 4 a red hood story not expecting one but Well made a bow to the writers

2 Likes

I liked this, it wasn’t about all that Raven stuff going around. Just Robin(s) vs their private enemy.

1 Like

This show has gotten a lot better with each episode. The only character I am still having a hard time with is Starfire.

Kudos to the writers for capturing Jason Todd. This is very much the 2nd Robin we had in the comics and I hope we get to see “A Death In The Family” storyline played out.

1 Like

This is honestly one of the best live action shows dc did the only thing I am having trouble with is star fire I get that change is good she has a good personality but doesn’t really please me.

1 Like

She’s grown on me. Much better now than than the first episode

2 Likes

@YveAstra, go to “My DC” and it should say change profile photo somewhere

“My DC”, click on the pencil icon and change avatar

One of the Best Epsoides in comic book tv history ever. So glad most of the epsoide took place in my home state of Wisconsin. I was crying in laughter when they were in the elevator.