Titans: Did Anyone Else Actually Enjoy It?

@TheOriginalCaptainMarvel fair enough :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t4:

raises hand

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect going in. I wasn’t a fan of the previous animated Teen Titans interpretations. They just weren’t my cup of tea. However, by the third episode in I was hooked in the live action interpretation. The cast is terrific, and I loved how they bounced off each other. There are several storylines in the New Teen Titans run that can be considered quite dark and/or mature. You can see they were finding their footing over the course of the first season. I frankly quite enjoyed it and looking forward to the second season. Gimme me some Superboy and Nightwing interaction :).

1 Like

Didn’t really like it but I’m strangely very hopeful for season 2. Feel like it will hopefully correct some of the stuff i didn’t like

3 Likes

I’ll admit the trailers had me skeptical, but the show turned out to be a lot more than what the trailers suggested. I thought the series got better with each week and I liked how they slowly built to the idea that they will formally become a team.

I do wish that the last episode filmed had actually been the first season finale because the one they chose to end with left too many unanswered questions, IMO. But I do look forward to the second season and I’m excited to see what they do with Superboy.

1 Like

Honestly, better than I expected, I had some low expectations… but it turned out to far outpace what I was thinking it would be like…that being said, it has some MAJOR flaws… Having now watched Doom Patrol…it pales in comparison to the amount of character development and cultivating my caring for the characters. Perhaps Dick and Gar, none of the characters I really cared about. More to the point the characters that they introduced as guests like Donna Troy, Hawk and Dove, and the D.P themselves are far far more interesting than the actual Titans.

1 Like

Yeah it was incredible compared to black lightning

2 Likes

I have been reading Titans comics since Wolfman and Perez in the eighties, and I’ll admit it doesn’t follow the comics much at all, but I loved it and can’t wait for season 2.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it, but consider it supremely flawed. It could have benefitted from better editing, a more cohesive story line, and a better pace. Overall, I think the actors did the best they could with what they had. Doom Patrol was the best episode, followed by the Hawk and Dove internal conflict episode, the introduction of Jason Todd’s Robin, and the Wonder Girl introductions. Almost all the others were flawed by being badly paced, edited, and in a couple of places, written.

1 Like

Nobody should go into a series expecting it to be 100% lore canon. It’s never going to happen. This is Hollywood, which literally has a different ruleset than Comics so there’s that.

2 Likes

My wife and I loved it and everyone I work with that watches it loves it. I’m guessing the comic purists are the unimpressed ones. Bring season 2 on! (and Stargirl)

1 Like

I loved it!! So excited to see Iian Glen as Bruce Wayne in season 2. And don’t get me started on superboy. I hope the do the character right

2 Likes

I loved it!! So excited to see Iian Glen as Bruce Wayne in season 2. And don’t get me started on superboy. I hope the do the character right

2 Likes

It’s good to see so much support for this show! I’m excited for season 2 :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t4:

Can’t sing it’s praise enough, the portrayal of Gotham and of Batman in the finale is probably my favorite on screen portrayal of both ever!

1 Like

Haven’t really liked the Titans since Wolfman & Perez’s legendary run. Was hopeful for this series and it didn’t disappoint. Anyone who’s seen it likes it that I know. Looking forward to the next season. Very impressed with DCU’s original content so far.

2 Likes

@Ragdoll yes! Loved that Batman sequence at the end. I was concerned when I first heard that Bats was gonna make an appearance(I did not want him in this series at all), but that was spot on…:+1:t4:

Personally I loved the show and I’m looking forward to season 2. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this but even with its flaws I still found it an enjoyable watch.

3 Likes

I was under the impression that more liked the show than didn’t. I definitely enjoyed it. Loved the way the show handled Batman (aside from the batsuit). The Hawk and Dove episodes were excellent. Can’t wait for season 2!

3 Likes

I loved it. I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about it, actually…

3 Likes

I personally only watched the first episode and stopped. I don’t know if I’ll give it a second chance or not???

3 Likes