Titans: Did Anyone Else Actually Enjoy It?

Liked it

2 Likes

I loved the show thought it was amazingly dun

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it! Some great episodes, and even if it doesn’t ‘follow the comics,’ just take it as its own thing.

1 Like

It’s good! It’s different than the comic. But still good.

2 Likes

I watched the first episode when it came out. Hated it. Everybody said, just get past the first 3 episodes, it’ll be worth it! It was not. Will not be giving it another chance. Love the actors but, writing and production sucks. NEXT! And it’s because of Titans and the fact that Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are in the same universe that I’m not even going to bother with them. NEXT on those too!

I stopped after episode 1 and didn’t pick it back up until a few weeks ago. I then marathoned it all over a few days. I did not like a lot elements of the show, but I will say that as a collective season (minus episode 11) I ended up liking the show. I loved reveals, shocks, the minor characters, and almost everything about what they are building with the show. Also Donna Troy! I will be watching season 2.

1 Like

Though it was interesting but to much of a departure from the characters. It had good momments but overall dispointed . Really glad we got doom patrol out of it.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s becuse none of the characters on the show are my favorite but I really enjoyed it. I think most people who don’t like say so because they have some attachment to the character and they aren’t who they fell in love with. I feel this way about Aquaman I’m a huge fan and wasn’t a fan of how he was betrayed but I know most people enjoyed the movie and his portrayal.

3 Likes

i loved it.

3 Likes

i loved it.

3 Likes

Ditto on the loved it.

3 Likes

I gave it a shot with the Doom Patrol episode and ended up not watching all of it.
And I love the Doom Patrol show.

Maybe I’ll try again next season.

2 Likes

It is very good as was DoomPatrol.

2 Likes

I never finished it, for I am bad at watching TV but…I like it! Most of the hate to me just came from racist gatekeepers and people just upset that it wasn’t the Teen Titans cartoon, not understanding that THAT series wasn’t comic accurate and took freedoms, like almost every tv show and movie does.

I shall brood on this, as I think of an exception.

Welcome back to the community @lenfrpt.90067! :wave: I’m glad to hear you enjoyed both television series. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :00_teen_titans: :doom_patrol_club:

I’ve always felt if they had taken the foul language out this show would have fit perfectly with the cw lineup. I read an article a while back that suggested the heads over at cw wanted to do away with superhero content and if that was the case I would have moved some of the content over to hbo.
x.

1 Like

Welcome back to the community @karavasilis.jordan! Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :00_teen_titans: :batparrot:

I enjoyed it but there were parts I didn’t, for me it was a bit too loose with creativity where Bruce Wayne has a break down and kills the Joker, such a major thing to happen, and it was just a blip of a side note, and it had to be a blip because the show was called Titans. I didn’t enjoy Hawk and Dove at all, I haven’t finished the final season out of just being miffed that now I am running out shows to watch, mean while the Simpsons and The Walking Dead just keep going and going and going and going. RAWR!

I wanted to see more animals from Beast Boy, I wasn’t a fan of the super bus that some how could some how secretly hold an entire car in it or under it and yet the inside of the bus was still really cramped. An there was no explenation as to how to get into said car from inside the bus. So I had to chalk it up to magic.

1 Like

Very late to the party, which has petered out by quite a bit so I’ll limit myself to a few thoughts. At some point, I will watch the show from start to finish but it’s not even a low priority at the moment. I have other things which are low priorities, like watching S2 of Krypton! (which is a low priority because it will likely involve watching S1 all over again), and watching S2-S4 of the syndicated Superboy, etc. etc.

I watched the first episode like many here and I was not at all interested in watching more afterwards. Pennyworth, as an example, was excessively violent and made choices I also did not like or appreciate, and yet I sat through the entire season (being stuck during lockdown and it was a free option helped, whereas Titans never was that, unless I were to do something like pirate it). That said, I’ve made no effort to watch more of Pennyworth (even when I had four months of highly discounted HBO Max membership and S2 was right there) and while I might eventually get back to that, it’s an even LOWER priority than Titans, since Titans at least had characters I liked and was interested in.

I did watch all the episodes Joshua Orpin was in as Superboy, similarly to watching a supercut of scenes on YouTube (which was, frankly, the first thing I looked for after S2 ended. And sadly really doesn’t exists. And it made me even less reluctant to watch more of S2 and beyond. I did try to watch the first episode and will say I appreciate that the acting, particularly by Orpin, was vastly improved overall, as was the writing, I had similarly low interest in catching up and watching the ongoing season live.