Tim Drake Was the Best Robin

Nightwing is my favorite superhero of all time. He and Bruce butted heads to much. They are both natural leaders. Which makes for a difficult sidekick dynamic. Jason was reckless and didn’t really listen to Bruce. But he’s gotten smarter with age imo. And Damian has the same problem dick had imo. Anyone else have a take on this topic that they want to share here?

7 Likes

I agree… I love Dick Grayson, but he belongs as nightwing… Tim was the best robin… he was also the only one who it felt like he deserved it…

5 Likes

Agree. He is the best at Bruces side. He seeked out the role on his own initiative unlike the others and got it by using his brain power and persuasion. Also, he’s such a good Robin that for me he feels out of place when he’s not Robin.

3 Likes

Can you explain what you mean by Damian had the same problem as Dick?

1 Like

I disagree I don’t think any of them earned it Bruce just did it for them because he knew they needed it. I’d say they all learned it eventually though! Even Tim Drake.

1 Like

Tim literally saved Bruce from completely slipping away into a dark depression after Jason died. He figured out Bruce’s (and others) identity. He earned it. More than anyone else anyway.

5 Likes

Ok, I conceed sir. Kon-El, you are very correct. The only thing is… I still don’t think any of the others earned the position. Bruce just did it for them because he knew without his guidance, they could cause all sorts of havoc in their grief or because of twisted minds, and do something they can never come back from.

2 Likes

That’s pretty true, but I think Damian was a surprise. Fictionally anyway.

Talia is all “remember that one night stand ten years ago?”

2 Likes

Tim is by far my favorite Robin, so I agree.

If only the Drake moniker would be dropped in favor of a return to Robin…

3 Likes

I’ll advocate Redbird all day. Red Robin was mostly okay too.

3 Likes

I’d really prefer Tim just go back to being Robin, preferably with a slightly modified Rebirth uni, as that was his best look since his original duds.

2 Likes

They’ll never move Damian. I have no faith. The first ten years he existed I thought maybe, but now…

1 Like

I mean… they could both be Robin … no one ever said there can’t be two robins at one time…

2 Likes

We had multiple Batmen in '10 and '11, so by Gossip Gerty, we can surely have multiple Robins at the same time.

I think it’d create a fun tension between Tim and Damian.

3 Likes

Definitely agreed.

2 Likes

Tim (to Damian): “I was Robin before you were even born, and I’m a better Robin than you’ll ever be, you arrogant, result of a one-night stand, little bas-”

Damian arches an eyebrow

Tim: “Bas…bass. Bass player. Little bass player. Come on, let’s go on patrol.”

2 Likes

Well this would just thrill me silly! Tickle me pink!

2 Likes

They’d run into Lobo, who would wipe the floor with Damian. This would then result in Tim sucking up his pride and having to save his “brother” from a raging Czarnian who always gets his man, man.

That’d pickle my tink.

3 Likes

I agree with that statment completely. I like Dick, but he nearly isn’t as good as Tim. plus I give him extra points due to him helping Spoiler with her pregnancy

2 Likes

Totally agree. Dick and Bruce have the best dynamic but it’s a no brainer that he’s better as nightwing than robin. The same goes for Jason I feel that he shines when he’s doing his own thing as Red Hood and not following all the rules that Batman has. Damien’s and Bruce’s father and son dynamic is interesting but they’ll always be father and son first not Batman and Robin. So hands down Tim is the best in the role of Robin

2 Likes