Thoughts on Shazam! Movie?

I liked it, but I felt it was a bit short and some of the changes to Billy’s backstory annoyed me a bit, such as the thing about his parents and the fact that Mary’s not his biological sister anymore (it’s a change the New 52 made to the character that the movie just copied, but I still don’t like it) and I felt like Dr Sivana didn’t really get to be Dr Sivana. Instead, he was a rather generic supervillain with a power set he shouldn’t have.

As a huge fan of Snyder’s tone, I loved the lighthearted tone in this one, though.

It was “fun”.

Watched Shazam with family. 16 year old loved it, so did we. Usually we drag her to the super hero movies. She said she really enjoyed it, and it was awesome. I think DC just seeded another generation with superhero happiness. I enjoyed that she enjoyed it. She can’t watch Titans. Shazam made her interested in the other potential crossovers too. I really enjoyed the trailers. Older child, 19, had seen Joker on a date. They said it was good, 16 year old was not interested in Joker at all. WB knows diversity of audience.

I finally got a chance to see it and I enjoyed it.

Falls into my category of more then one viewing. Left theater unsure. Watched it when it came out on Blu-Ray. Now I love it.

I really enjoyed it for what it was.
However, I’ve been a fan of the Big Red Cheese since the 70s TV show and the Filmation cartoons and I really am not a fan of Geoff Johns reconfiguration of the Marvel family dynamic. The Power of Shazam will stay the best (modern era) interpretation of these characters. (IMHO)