Thoughts on Jared let's joker?

Definitely my least favorite version of The Joker. In my eyes, The Joker must have some kind of permanent grin. The fact that they did away with it definitely took away something for me. And as far as the performance…I don’t know…I just felt it was more “annoying” than anything else.
@InMagno, I remember when there were rumors that Bryan Cranston was rumored to be cast as Lex, and I was very excited. He would’ve been a great choice if the role was written differently. I still like Eisenberg though. I feel like if we ever got him in a sequel we’d see him transform into something closer to the comics’ Lex. At least the movies made it seem that way.

Damn it with the double posts! That’s the 2nd time today…sorry again folks.

1 Like

Why’s this post been hijacked by the Anti-Eisenberg gang? Thread isn’t even about Luthor.

I don’t like Jared Leto in general. He’s not a bad Joker though. They did some really weird things with the writing, especially where they seemed to treat his affection for Harley as totally sincere, deep and abiding, if not capable of escaping the confines of violent crime. Hardly ideal, I think it goes without saying, for the epitome of toxic relationships! Rewriting the effing Joker to be more sympathetic is almost never a good idea.

4 Likes

I honestly really didn’t like Jared Leto’s portrayal of the Joker. It didn’t necessarily have anything to do with his acting, but it had more to do with, IMO, the awful makeup/costume choices for him and the bad writing and use of the character. To me, it seemed as though there was no point in even having Leto’s Joker in the movie to begin with. He didn’t really serve any plot-moving purpose (if I’m remembering correctly), and he was only in 1 or 2 scenes.

1 Like

Just saw Jared Leto’s interview, he’s quite good looking. Should cast him for something.

@DCGoddessofmayhem: I agree. WB do need to worry about their own films, and not care what critics think.

2 Likes

@StraightOuttaOa, yes, that’s the best approach :+1: Giving in to critics’ demands only hampers creativity.

1 Like

I like his version of the joker I’m just mad they cut most of his stuff out of the movie…and he is better then the new guy hands down

2 Likes

Jared Leto’s Joker belongs in the dust bin of cinema history with Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor.

1 Like

Maybe show off his cuteness in some other role then.

1 Like