⚔ 🔴 The Zealot Appreciation Thread 🔴 ⚔

Paging @Chain_Twix, @RG02, @TheWildstormUniverse and all other fans of Lady Zannah, this is the spot to chit-chat about the WildStorm Universe’s greatest sword-wielding hero (who also has a serious love for red and black clothing), :boom: :crossed_swords: Zealot :crossed_swords: :boom:!

From 1992’s WildC.A.T.S volume 1 to the modern day, whip out your discussion swords (and post some tunes you find apropos as well, if you like) and fling 'em about as you indulge your appreciation for Zealot!

10 Likes

Ok! This is awesome I need me some Lady Z!

5 Likes

And now, we cue the plastic, courtesy of Playmates in 1994:

WildC.A.T.S series 1:

The trading card that came with the above:

From a later series in the line:

With that, you have the complete plastic history of Zealot.

6 Likes

Only two? What are they thinking?

4 Likes

A lack of sales for the WildC.A.T.S line brought about an early end to further Zealot figures, unfortunately.

McFarlane Toys released a modern Grifter figure a few years back in their DC Multiverse line. I wouldn’t mind seeing them release figures of Zealot as she appeared in Batman: Urban Legends, the '22-'23 volume of WildC.A.T.S and the current BOP series.

Not only to compliment Grifter in his modern garb of course, but because the more Zealot in plastic, the merrier!

5 Likes

I agree there with all of that.

4 Likes

Here’s Zannah’s squeeze as rendered by the fine folks at McFarlane Toys:

If one wants Grifter, you can get him for just $10 at the McFarlane Store right now:

6 Likes

They need Zealot to go with him like right now.

5 Likes

IKR? Cole needs his Lady Zannah and she needs her Cole.

4 Likes

I have actually never read a comic with Zealot, but I’ve been interested in reading some soon. Any recs?

6 Likes

Thank you for creating this appreciation thread! How can they have a Grifter without also releasing Z? even if that is a pretty cool looking Grifter. My collection so far.

5 Likes

@Vroom made up a great list of content.

4 Likes

thanks

4 Likes

I still need to get a reread of the Joe Casey and Sean Phillips Wildcats series in. I loved the “Hunt for Zealot” stuff:

7 Likes

Just gonna leave this right here.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. How goes your Zealot intake as of late?

Playmates got the memo going-on 30 years ago and covered both (Zannah’s seen in the OP), with the following being their cool Cole creations:

5-inch

10-inch

Too bad Zealot (along with Void and Voodoo) never got a 10-inch figure.

Good stuff. :+1:t2:

Casey’s WildC.A.T.S is good reading…for what I’ve read of it at least.

What do we think of Alan Moore’s run on WildC.A.T.S?

I, and my Kherubim brethren, thank you.

5 Likes

Well, I am happy to say thank you to you for introducing me to an awesome character.

4 Likes

You are most welcome.

Have Z’s adventures spurred you to check out more from WildStorm, by chance?

Item! WildC.A.T.S Compendium One has been pushed back to November (November 5th to be precise). Interested parties should adjust their plans accordingly.

4 Likes

Yes it has but it’s a little overwhelming. I don’t know where to start. Lol

4 Likes

Cough Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday. Cough

It isn’t something that stars Zealot (although, the 'C.A.T.S do appear in a tie-in, later on), but it was largely written and drawn by Jim Lee (the only thing he’s written and drawn), the co-creator of WildC.A.T.S, so it has that going for it…which is nice…and divine.

4 Likes