The Wonder Woman Thread

This is for people who are fans of Wonder Woman and the larger WW mythos and all characters associated with it. You don’t need to be reading a certain comic or anything like that. This is for everyone.

Feel free to share your thoughts on characters or stories, your collection, memorabilia, headcanons and your love for Wonder Woman and everything connected to her!

14 Likes

I love Wonder Woman. She is my favorite female superhero. I read every Wonder Woman comic I can find. Have you been a Wonder Woman fan for awhile?

7 Likes

I grew up with the DC animated stuff and I always liked her on those. I’d say I’ve read a lot of her titles, starting with the post-crisis George Perez title. Overall, her stories were great starting eith Perez going up until Flashpoint.

The New 52 book was OK. But I still have major problems with it. The Rebirth one, however, was awesome! Greg Rucka kicking it off was the right choice. And of course, digging the current stuff. I’m still mad they canceled the Wonder Girl title with Yara Flor though.

That’s probably a good general summary of my thoughrs without getting lost in tangents :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with tangents lol. There are definitely some books that are more enjoyable than others. I haven’t read The New 52 book yet, that is being added to my list of what to read next.

6 Likes

I really want them to do multiple titles for the WW mythos like they do with Superman and Batman. They could do Hero-and-Sidekick book featuring Diana and Yara

6 Likes

#AllHailQueenNubia

7 Likes

Modern WW stuff made me interested in Nubia :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I also just found out about Nubia myself, so i know exactly how u feel ahah …mannn she’s A M A Z I N G

5 Likes

Did you check out the “Nubia & The Amazons” mini series?

5 Likes

I have not my friends honestly i just got on this site this week… so im waaaayyyyy BEHIND Lol ,pls direct me in the right section i need to be in for Any&Everything All Nubia​:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It is literally titled “Nubia & The Amazons”, I think either 6 or 6 issues. But I think you’ll be on board on the first page of the first issue :wink:

5 Likes

First reading for me ever was New 52, and…I liked it. Probably cause I went in with no real bias. Are there better Wonder Woman stories? Sure. And Brian Azzarello has done better too.

I have the first volume of the Golden Age Omnibus, love Golden Age stuff. I have the first arc of Lopez’s stuff, great too.

I got the first volume of Diana Prince, for that series is something else. I mean…I can’t really defend and am not trying to but, I dunno, it’s a guilty pleasure. It’s so different and so bizarre you have to see it to believe it kinda.

6 Likes

Much Obliged

4 Likes

I wrote this on her some years ago. Do not let it scare you. This isn’t some FOX/CNN/whatever nonsense ok, lol

5 Likes

I’ll have to set aside time to look into this later. But focusing in on Wilson’s stance regarding the US’s place on the world stage and how that compares/unfluences Diana’s desire to leave Themyscira is a unique analysis

4 Likes

Why thank you very much. History is a passion of mine, and anytime I can tie it into comics I can and write about it.

4 Likes

Have you been keeping up with the current WW stories?

4 Likes

I am incredibly behind. The first bit of stuff after New 52 was okay, but didn’t hold my attention.

Any good standalone books?

4 Likes

I thought Greg Rucka’s work at the start of the Rebirth title was great!

You might be interested in checking out the Future State stories. You have stories focused on Diana, Nubia, and the introduction of Yara Flor

7 Likes

Stuff in the beginning from Rucka was okay. I liked it more than that other run were he made her just unimaginably annoying. I did check that out, I was hyped AAANNNNNDDD the only story in it I like was Diana’s.

4 Likes