The Wonder Woman Thread

That’s too bad. I liked the Future State WW stuff and I’m a big fan of Flara

Separate question - are there any WW villains you particularly like?

4 Likes

I wanted to like it, I really did. But I am willing to give Yara & Nubia another chance.

Ehhhh let’s be honest. She doesn’t have great villains, w/o falling back on pre-made Greek stuff. I recall an interview during the New 52 event, before all the #1s dropped were they asked numerous people - DiDio, Lee, Johns, etc in who they think her best/favorite villain is. Down the line it was mainly Cheetah, some Ares. Get to Azzarello and he said the same thing I did, lol.

I will say, I wish they’d bring back Cheetah (Priscilla Rich) instead of just having her name be a moniker for Barb. They’ve kept Jay Garrick and Alan Scott! Why the hell not?
They can bring her over! How many Clayfaces, Killer Frosts and Parasites? eh?

3 Likes

Cheetah&Giganta

3 Likes

Wonder Woman is one of the best of DC’s staple of amazing female characters.

Lady Beatnik is the super die-hard Wonder Woman fan in our household though. She was a big fan of the Lynda Carter show and so one of the first comics were bonded over when we started dating was the Azzarello run. Still my fave run on the character.

5 Likes

Like I breifly mentioned, I’m not a fan of the New 52 run. Not the worst from that era because there is some stuff I liked. But a lot of the more fundamental stuff is what I had issues with

4 Likes

Nooooo! You can’t like the Azzarello run. You’re not supposed to, lol.

Watching the old series as we speak. They got some Wonder Woman '77 comics as well. I got me some.

5 Likes

I really liked the Batman 66 & Wonder Woman ‘77 crossover.

I really wish we could get another series set in the 77 era.

3 Likes

I was unaware of that one. I still need her and…Bionic Woman I think it’s called??? I dunno, I know almost nothing about the property.

4 Likes

Watch the first season of the old show, they always use this photo of FDR. Rather unflattering! I swear, he could have been The Penguin! LOL

6 Likes

I still think they can’t figure out what to do with Wonder Woman… in any media sadly. :frowning:

4 Likes

Wonder Woman is a very hard character to get right, and I think it has been shown they are more interested in using Supergirl lately.

The big missed opportunity is shortly before Wonder Woman 1984 was the perfect time for a Wonder Woman animated series to get people invested in all things Wonder Woman related, but that did not happen, and the time has passed.

6 Likes

I have been looking at home media sales. According to the numbers Wonder Woman was #1 for 2021. MPN has it at #2 for the same year.

3 Likes

There’s supposedly a rumored Wonder Woman video game…as long as it didn’t play safe and really dive into the lore.

I think it could an appeal to various audiences if done right. However, given how long Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is taking them… I don’t know.

It seems to keep hype lower for Wonder Woman per usual.

5 Likes

I can’t believe I don’t see any Queen Nubia Wonder Woman post

4 Likes

I can’t believe someone actually posted a reply to this thread. This pretty much became defunct once I discovered Clubs on here and joined the Amazon Club

4 Likes

No complaints here, more Wonder Woman discussions~

4 Likes

I found this funny. Seeing WW’s face once she got a taste of using Hawkman’s mace is priceless.

5 Likes